News BGS bug

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Hi everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying the new update!

We've had a number of reports of some significant errors with the background sim data since the 2.3 update went live.

The dev teams have been hard at work and believe they have a fix identified which they are aiming to deploy tomorrow. However, this will involve rolling back BGS data to a pre 2.3 state. That means any efforts made tonight will not affect the simulation. We wanted to give you as much notice as possible so you can avoid any wasted efforts.

As always, thank you for your bug reports and understanding Commanders.

Zac

Thanks Zac, fine with us and thanks for confirming a fix so quickly... In some ways it means people can muck about with other stuff without worrying overmuch about the stats for once ;)

will this effect the people who try to work on getting independent system (i.e. like the terra mater) permits today?

will this effect the people who try to work on getting independent system (i.e. like the terra mater) permits today?

Permit is linked to commanders' reputation. BGS script works with minor factions' influence and state data (and variables and stacks affecting the latter). These two are independent from each other.

Last edited:
top stuff and thanks! sorry to drop that bug report on you in the evening, guys - must have caused a few palpitations! We're passing the smelling salts around our BGS team as a few of them had passed out when they read the numbers.

Could someone please elaborate on how this affects the BGS more specifically?

I ask as I'm still downloading the 2.3 patch and I would like to try it out but don't want to have progress affected by a BGS rollback to a pre-2.3 state when we get a 2.3.01 patch for this (or whatever).

Also thanks and you rock etc..............

Last edited:

ID honestly gvive it a week or two before trying to 'do' anything. Just go bounty hunting or mining adn wait for everything to get sorted. Maybe go play fooot ball aor some such. Im going to do my spring cleaning and some gardening.

Just for curiosity: how can you be sure that there was some mistake or bug about it? I didn't see any anomaly, for what it's worth.

Huge influence swings in systems. Some of them in ours of 73 percent. Lost assets etc etc.

The reset will take stats from yesterday I would guess and on reboot of the servers will put all minor factions back to that or thereabouts.

Your commander etc unlikely to be affected..... just the systems and their percentages.

Huge influence swings in systems. Some of them in ours of 73 percent. Lost assets etc etc.

The reset will take stats from yesterday I would guess and on reboot of the servers will put all minor factions back to that or thereabouts.

Your commander etc unlikely to be affected..... just the systems and their percentages.

Yeah cheers and thanks.

At least I can still boot up and fiddle with the new bells and whistles. I have some missions pending from before the 2.3 drop yesterday so I will have to check and see if there is any issue around those.

Good. So our daily orders to "stand down" and not run any missions today was the correct call.

Luckily these missions are on a 5-6 day timeframe so I might have to hang fire on them..........

Last edited:
Top Bottom