BGS Influence System Issues

Hello. Our in game minor faction has been experiencing odd % drops in influence despite our entire squadron completing appropriate missions and following system guidelines. We’re concerned that something might be wrong with our BGS system, but are looking for support either way on this situation.

Hard to say from the information given - there's lots of reasons that could happen.

What's the 24 hour traffic report like in local news? How much of that can definitely be attributed to your own pilots?
Does your faction control all the dockable stations in the system? If not, how conveniently positioned are the ones you don't control?
Are you in a Powerplay sphere? If so, is your government type favourable, neutral, or unfavourable?
Is the % drop going mostly to one other faction, or is it spread across all of them?
Are the economy and security sliders also moving unexpectedly (for you or for other factions in the system) or are they stable?

But above all, which active states are present in the system?

If you are in war and you carry out missions, it is perfectly logical that the influence does not change.

Hello. Our in game minor faction has been experiencing odd % drops in influence despite our entire squadron completing appropriate missions and following system guidelines. We’re concerned that something might be wrong with our BGS system, but are looking for support either way on this situation.
My little birds tell me that your faction is currently present in one system with a population of 5.6M and in which you currenly have 59.7% influence.

Looking at what is going on your influence has been up and down for well over a month. Several times you have been at over 70% influence only to get dumped back down again sharply the next tick. Looks to me like you are being deliberately opposed by another group and the motive is to stop your faction reaching the 75% expansion target. When your influence is high and all the other MF are on low influence then very easy for just a single Cmdr to make things very difficult for you as actions for factions on low influence change the inf% a lot more than actions for a MF already on high % inf.

If I were you I would be taking a good look at who your neighbouring PMF's are and asking yourself 'Cui bono?'.

Chances are they want to take the system you would expand to for themselves or are otherwise just trying to hem you in to your one starting system because they don't want to let you expand and start competing with them for the pick of the local real estate.

I have observed system influence increased by 1-2% only after completing 4-6 missions with 3-5+ for influence as rewards in one tick. If no mission is completed for the same system faction next day, influence continues to increase after next tick.

Anyone knows if BGS processes so many missions per 24-hour cycle?

Anyone knows if BGS processes so many missions per 24-hour cycle?
There may be an effect where actions taken very close to the tick time get processed in the next tick instead (since the tick is a process rather than an instant event, and determining when it actually starts is tricky), but other than that, no.

Very difficult to rule out other player activity in that sort of situation, of course.

There may be an effect where actions taken very close to the tick time get processed in the next tick instead (since the tick is a process rather than an instant event, and determining when it actually starts is tricky), but other than that, no.

Very difficult to rule out other player activity in that sort of situation, of course.

I know it's very difficult to rule out player activity or proof my observations but I have observed 2-3 systems where my PMF influences are stable for couple of days before I start completing missions next day. Then, I stop for couple of days and influences in all 2-3 systems continue to increase a bit.

Suppose I can't write off another player completing missions for the systems despite low system traffic.

Resurrected for Christmas

Bgs missions spawn counterproductive mission receivers. the faction that is being delivered to hurts your faction's inf in the system being delivered to unless it is the same faction as the mission giver 100% of the time.

If your faction is present in the system/station you are delivering to, and is not the faction receiving the delivery, they will lose influence in that station/system everytime. Not an exaggeration.

You might think you are getting inf+++++, but so do the factions you delivery to. So your faction would lose inf in the station that you deliver to. Thats super annoying when you are trying to control a group of systems and everything you do works both for you and against you

Resurrected for Christmas

Bgs missions spawn counterproductive mission receivers. the faction that is being delivered to hurts your faction's inf in the system being delivered to unless it is the same faction as the mission giver 100% of the time.

If your faction is present in the system/station you are delivering to, and is not the faction receiving the delivery, they will lose influence in that station/system everytime. Not an exaggeration.

You might think you are getting inf+++++, but so do the factions you delivery to. So your faction would lose inf in the station that you deliver to. Thats super annoying when you are trying to control a group of systems and everything you do works both for you and against you
My understanding is that the recipient of a mission gains the equivalent of a single +, not (whatever your reward choice is). So provided you take some trivial actions to override that effect, it's not a problem.

Nonetheless, this arrangement makes sense. You are not part of the faction, and as such the faction has no awareness of who is considered an enemy, or a friend. The only time a faction is really considered "enemy" is if there's an active war/civil war against another faction. Rather, the factions conduct business as-needs, and if this means dealing with who you, some outsider, might consider an enemy, then that's fine. If a faction didn't trade outside it's own political boundaries, it's economy would fail.

Last edited:
Top Bottom