Biome based DLCs

I tried to limit myself by realistic probabilities. So no aviaries and aquatic animals until we hear differently from devs. I also limited myself on up to 6 animals per dlc Max. I feel like that's realistic number.
Here goes :

Boreal:
-Moose
-Roosevelt Elk
-Wolverine
-Eurasian Lynx
-Beaver ( or should it be temperate ?)
-Capercaillie

Alpine:
-Ibex
-Markhor ( preferred than Takin honestly)
-Alpine Marmot
-Spectacled Bear
-Guanaco
-Mountain Lion

Temperate:
-Eurasian Badger
-Wild Boar
-Racoon
-Red Fox
-Koala
-Tasmanian Devil

Rainforest:
-Jaguar
-Capybara
-Howler Monkey
-Ocelot
-Siamang
-Cassowary

Plains:
-Giant Anteater
-Black Rhinoceros
-Red Kangaroo
-African Leopard ( the big 5 completed )
-Przewalski Wild Horse
-Crested Porcupine ( Or secretary bird )

Desert:
-Scimitar Oryx ( Not a fan of Dromedary )
-Fennec Fox
-Perentie ( Or spurred tortoise )
-Hamadryas Baboon
-Caracal
-Collared Peccary

Tundra's pretty much taken care of (maybe I'd add musk ox and Arctic Fox but eh) and no swamps because I don't like swamps.

Good lists but, according to the PlanZoo globe, there's no temperate climate in Oceania (even though there is IRL), so,....:unsure:

• Red Kangaroo should probably be Desert (or use Grey Kangaroo instead)
  • Koala and Tasmanian Devil should be Grassland

(or they could alter the biomes so that some of Australia (esp. Tasmania) is Temperate).

Some of the others are, maybe, a bit too widespread to fit well into a specific Biome theme (e.g., Lynx, Mountain Lion)

P.s., Swaps (wetlands) are lovely and are often biological hot-spots. :)

Good lists but, according to the PlanZoo globe, there's no temperate climate in Oceania (even though there is IRL), so,....:unsure:

• Red Kangaroo should probably be Desert (or use Grey Kangaroo instead)
  • Koala and Tasmanian Devil should be Grassland

(or they could alter the biomes so that some of Australia (esp. Tasmania) is Temperate).

Some of the others are, maybe, a bit too widespread to fit well into a specific Biome theme (e.g., Lynx, Mountain Lion)

P.s., Swaps (wetlands) are lovely and are often biological hot-spots. :)
In this case red kangaroo would go to grassland or desert, koala and devil would go to tropical.

I don't see adding temperate in Australia as part of dlc as much of a big deal for them. But eh tropical is fine by me. It doesn't really have to be rainforest as I recall, I forgot how exactly it's classified in the game

P.S. Swamps are disgusting

Last edited:
They could go with other names as well.. If you check the wiki on biomes, there are a lot of different biomes.
Really depends on which list you want to use

I like the selection of animals in each DLC - they include multiple continents. Personally I prefer that...
(even if you can switch the place of some species) :D

Well I focused on good ol' ZT2 biome list
I did try to be inclusive despite my Euro bias 😁. I wonder which species would you swap out ?

Last edited:
Well only a few:

Binturong for the Cassowary
Nubian Ibex for the Perentie
Vicuna for the Guanaco (I know, but the Vicuna is actually more present in more zoos)

I also consider adding the Yak somewhere but not sure which biome? Alpine/mountain or just Tundra??
Also misread something - I already saw you included the Crested Porcupine.

I see
Yak isn't tundra animal but it could go instead of Markhor as far as I am concerned. Tibetan representation would be unchanged with that 😁 Similar thing with Vicuna.

I wouldn't put two ibexes ( is that plural ? ) in game. If I'd had to swap Perentie out for some caprid I would rather go for Barbary sheep

Only thing I would keep would be Cassowary

Top Bottom