Bioware releases Dragon Age Teaser Trailer at TGA 2018

Hard to be excited about this to be honest. Bioware got EA'd so hard in recent years, it's kinda hopeless. DA: Origins was fantastic, but two other games in trilogy were meh at best.

Last DA and ME from EA/Bioware were a big fiasco for me, I haven't even finished them - simply boring and uninspiring. Hard to be excited.

Hard to be excited about this to be honest. Bioware got EA'd so hard in recent years, it's kinda hopeless. DA: Origins was fantastic, but two other games in trilogy were meh at best.
Mass Effect 1 and DA: O were almost finished before EA happened. That's why these were still good.

"Bioware" and "Dragon Age" are just EA brands now, they have nothing to do with the past at all. And nobody from that past now works at EA.

So do you get excited for EA sequel #999?

Personally I don't buy any games from this company, because I don't like their games. These are bland shareholder-checklist-developed AAA shovelware, regardless of what previously famous labels they put on them.

Mass Effect 1 and DA: O were almost finished before EA happened. That's why these were still good.

"Bioware" and "Dragon Age" are just EA brands now, they have nothing to do with the past at all. And nobody from that past now works at EA.

So do you get excited for EA sequel #999?

Personally I don't buy any games from this company, because I don't like their games. These are bland shareholder-checklist-developed AAA shovelware, regardless of what previously famous labels they put on them.

Although I generally agree, I think I won't have a problem buying it if it's good at least in part and appealing to me in some manner. I actually enjoyed DA:I and Andromeda. Are they one of the worst Bioware games? Yeah. But I played much worse RPGs and still were able to have fun. *shruggs*

But I played much worse RPGs and still were able to have fun. *shruggs*
With my huge backlog I'm in the luxurious situation to not have to put up with anything but the best of the best for new releases, especially in genres which are not in primary focus of interest. I can afford being picky.

So if by some accident the stars align, EA outdoes themselves and doesn't force another DRM client full of micro-transactions on me, I might risk a look. But that "good enough" kind of RPG made by EA? Yeah, not going to waste my time on it.

Ages ago I would have been super-excited about this. Loved DA Origins (and Neverwinter Nights before it). But since then nearly everyone from the original Bioware has left, what remains from the once great Bioware is just the brand name, and brand names don't make great games, the people who (used to) work there do.

Bioware is in the bin of "Don't ever buy/support this company ever again" Now move over Bioware, make room for Bethesda and Dice in the bin.

Bioware is in the bin of "Don't ever buy/support this company ever again" Now move over Bioware, make room for Bethesda and Dice in the bin.

DICE have made a great game with BFV in my opinion anyway. They are not in my bin of sin yet.

Aye if it wasnt for EA a lot of games would be on my wishlist now even if it looks good ie Anthem Im just not going to buy it due to it being EA.

EA is trash, yes, but your policy is flawed. If Anthem is a good game with fun content and without microtransactions (other than the visual armour pieces and paintjobs as they promised) I will defo buy it. It's of no use to gamers to boycott a company a priori. "Vote with your wallet" should go both ways. We should teach them what kind of game we will and won't buy.

EA is trash, yes, but your policy is flawed. If Anthem is a good game with fun content and without microtransactions (other than the visual armour pieces and paintjobs as they promised) I will defo buy it. It's of no use to gamers to boycott a company a priori.
It works very well, just look at the share prices. Not having to bother with "Origin" helps, too. ;)

It's of no use to gamers to boycott a company a priori.

In some cases, yes it is.

Look at the long list of great dev studios that EA was annihilated, a list that begins in the late XXth century. Now look at the worderful franchises that several of those studios had, and are now turned into a pile of ashes. And now imagine how many wonderful games from those studios we could have had over the years, if EA hadn't destroyed those studios.

Buying stuff from EA only helps them to keep on destroying more game studios, even on the off chance they manage to put out a half decent game every now and then I'll still not give then another dime ever again.

In some cases, yes it is.

Look at the long list of great dev studios that EA was annihilated, a list that begins in the late XXth century. Now look at the worderful franchises that several of those studios had, and are now turned into a pile of ashes. And now imagine how many wonderful games from those studios we could have had over the years, if EA hadn't destroyed those studios.

Buying stuff from EA only helps them to keep on destroying more game studios, even on the off chance they manage to put out a half decent game every now and then I'll still not give then another dime ever again.

There are always two sides of the coin.
I am not really defending EA, here, but...

You can't just buy a healthy company. Bioware said, after being bought by EA shortly before releasing ME and DA: O that they really didn't have a choice - they were either going to go bankrupt, OR they go under EA. So, to reiterate that - if not for EA, we wouldn't have ME, we wouldn't have DA: O,... The Bioware would have simply closed shop in 2008.

So there's that.
Same with Visceral games. The first Dead Space was a flop. It was an amazing game and it wasn't selling. Such is life. Thanks to EA, we did get two sequels before they wrapped it up.

Things aren't black and white, of course, but what I want to point out that EA doesn't buy companies to shut them down. They are not samaritans, either. They are simply buying failing companies with potentially profitable IPs. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

Top Bottom