Birds that can't fly we can have in the game?

There are birds that cannot fly.
here is:
1. Emu
2. Rhea
3. New Zealand kiwi - bird
4. Emperor and king penguin
5. Adélie penguin
6. Pygmy penguin
7. Chinstrap penguin
8. Humboldt and Magellanic penguins
9. Penguin ou Manchot
white ailerons
10. Galapagos penguin

To be fair, we have flamingoes and peafowl, so that would suggest wing clipping is fine. That opens up all manner of storks, cranes, geese, swans, ducks, large birds like bustards, pheasants, grouse, pelicans, all without needing flight. Heck, I'd say you could get away with even birds like vultures and owls that mainly jump between perches in zoos.

Another flightless bird that gets overlooked: puffins! They could use the penguin rig, plus they'd help represent Europe more!

Puffins are not flightless.

Also, just so everyone knows, the "kiwi bird" is just called the kiwi. You don't need to include the '-bird' part, that's just an Americanism because the "kiwi fruit" is just called "kiwi" there.

I'd really like to see some more pheasants and some cranes. The Himalayan monal is one of my favourite birds, and would look amazing in a shared habitat with red pandas. I'd also love the red-crowned crane to create a little Japanese garden area.

Puffins are not flightless.

HA, I can’t believe I had never seen a picture of a puffin flying before! I just googled it, and it seems obvious now! I guess I was looking at them as if they were just a northern answer to the Penguin or something. 🤭

I'd really like to see some more pheasants and some cranes. The Himalayan monal is one of my favourite birds, and would look amazing in a shared habitat with red pandas. I'd also love the red-crowned crane to create a little Japanese garden area.

Hard agree. Both such cool birds. And Red Crowned Cranes are at the top of my list

HA, I can’t believe I had never seen a picture of a puffin flying before! I just googled it, and it seems obvious now! I guess I was looking at them as if they were just a northern answer to the Penguin or something. 🤭

The northern answer to the penguin is the auk, which is closely related to puffins, and also not flightless. ;)

Guinea Fowl - cool birds. They have their own running events that last for ages - around and around and around - Guinlymics I think, long-distance running (5000m and 10,000m) events - and they eat ticks - it's a win win.

The northern answer to the penguin is the auk, which is closely related to puffins, and also not flightless. ;)

ohh I forgot about those! I just looked it up and it seems puffins are actually a type of auk, but it's true there are other auk species that look much more like penguins. This is a cool one:

1606041381421.png

I still think puffins would be the ideal addition. Though I guess they might not actually be able to use the penguin rig, given the shape of their bodies.

Guinea Fowl - cool birds. They have their own running events that last for ages - around and around and around - Guinlymics I think, long-distance running (5000m and 10,000m) events - and they eat ticks - it's a win win.

I always thought this particular Guinea Fowl would be an iconic addition to our African habitats. Maybe because I saw them in The Lion King or something growing up, haha

1606041769341.png

There was a literal penguin/auk analog: the Great Auk. Flightless, pretty large, excellent diver. Unfortunately, apparently tasty and even worse on land than penguins, so pretty quickly hunted to extinction once North Atlantic trade became more common 😢

1606124249586.png

Top Bottom