Black Box Salvage - Mission will not complete

Is this a known issue with the April update? I accepted a Federation mission to recover 4 black boxes. Duly did so, although first red flag was the mission giver not sending the usual, "Salvage complete, RTB" message. Returned to the station anyway and the option is not available to "Complete Mission", despite me having the 4 boxes on-board, and the Transactions tab also showing 4/4 mission items in the hold.

I have sufficient cargo space to accept the mission rewards: have leant that lesson once before.

Any ideas? I would post this to the PC "Bug/Feedback" forum, but I have "Insufficient Privileges", apparently.

Just noting that I have exactly the same issue as of the April update: black boxes collected successfully, but without the usual "mission complete" message, and no option to complete the mission via the missions tab at the delivery destination.

Edit: I also can't post bug reports, on this forum or via the issues tracker... grrrrrr!

Last edited:
Had the same issue before the April update, even after collecting the Black Boxes specifically marked for the mission. So abandoned the mission, jettisoned the boxes, and found other missions to complete. Also going to avoid them for the time being.

Thanks for the replies, appreciated. I figure this is just a bug then. Think I'll allow the expiry timer to run down rather than abandon, in case the Devs manage a patch in the meantime (unlikely, I know).

Just had the same thing happen in Colonia. I collect the 4 black boxes and then every time I jump to supercruise I get another mission related signal source spawn. I've tried visiting more than one of them and I've tried jumping in and out of the system (and the game). My transactions panel now amusingly shows I have 12/4 of the required black boxes, but I still can't complete the mission.

Got that same issue yesterday, black boxes in cargo, but unfinishable. Cancelled it... lost a very tiny bit of rep with my faction, but that's nothing. Some others, i could finish them.

I actually had advanced medicines do the same thing. Loaded 6 units of advanced medicines into my cargo and went to the target station to deliver, but the "complete" button remained greyed out despite me having moved 6 units to the station. I tried selling those 6 units on the market, then buying 6 more, and it still would not let me complete it. I had to abandon that mission.

Top Bottom