Horizons Black Ice Worlds?

I was exploring, and I noticed all the non atmospheric ice worlds I'm coming across are all black with white stripes. Is this normal? There's a few ice worlds who end up looking brown, like frozen dirt, which is fine, The first few black ice worlds I came across I thought it was cool, but now after about 40 systems, and nothing but white atmospheric ice worlds, black landable ice worlds and an occassional frozen dirt ice world I'm really starting to get the feeling maybe something is wrong with my game... It's not black black, more like light charcoal black. I'm just wondering why every ice world is like this... In other peoples screenshots of ice worlds it looks all white etc.

There's some bug causing planet textures to be swapped or corrupted, and verifying your game cache may or may not fix it. It didn't work for me. I've got pink gas giants that look like they're made of paper, and someone accidentally tore holes in them. Game verifies as everything being A-OK. Might try re-downloading it later if I find another one.

There's some bug causing planet textures to be swapped or corrupted, and verifying your game cache may or may not fix it. It didn't work for me. I've got pink gas giants that look like they're made of paper, and someone accidentally tore holes in them. Game verifies as everything being A-OK. Might try re-downloading it later if I find another one.

I tried validating, didn't work for me either. I'm going to try re installing.

Maybe it would help to post system names and planet positions? A nearby commander might be able to verify your observation first hand.

Maybe it would help to post system names and planet positions? A nearby commander might be able to verify your observation first hand.

Why do we need verification? Black Ice planets do exist, but they are rare. I've found 3 or 4 after exploring over 5,000 systems. There is no part of the galaxy that the OP could be in where they'd find black ice planets 40 systems in a row. You can't even find that many gray ice planets in any one area.

why not?

as we all can see once in a while in the news, the comet "67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko" is a big Ice block floating in space, and it is "darker then coal" according to the reports.

"ice" does not refer to frozen, clean water.

Why do we need verification? Black Ice planets do exist, but they are rare. I've found 3 or 4 after exploring over 5,000 systems. There is no part of the galaxy that the OP could be in where they'd find black ice planets 40 systems in a row. You can't even find that many gray ice planets in any one area.

You know I originally thought it was because of the area I was in. I was in the "Dark Region" and "Coal" region. Was kinda of neat to see black, charcoal like frozen planets, but after I got out of that region heading to the Pencil nebula region, I'm still seeing black ice planets everywhere. I've yet to see a single white ice planet, unless it's atmospheric and I can't land on it, then its always 100% white.

Top Bottom