Engineers Black Markets for the Dweller

Every black market I've ever seen has been restricted. How on earth do you get into them so you can access the dweller?

Stick your current (reference) system in this:

or here:

Stick your current (reference) system in this:

or here:

I mean, yes, that tells me where they are, but, not whether or not they're accessible.

They are all accessible if you have on board qualifying goods ie. stolen or prohibited, just be careful that you don't get scanned when entering the station:)

It's always the same. They're all open until you're trying to unlock The Dweller, when they mysteriously are all closed. Just keep trying until you find some. It's a pain, but you will find open ones. Whether they're open or not depends on the state and whether the controlling faction changes, so try using filters. thread about it here:

I mean, yes, that tells me where they are, but, not whether or not they're accessible.

I thought the EDDB data was automatically updated on docking by commanders using one of the apps (like EDDiscovery or EDMC) - sorry if I was mistaken.

EDIT:

I just checked in game using the INARA search results and examining the system maps in surrounding systems. All the stations that were listed as having black markets did have them available - those stations in those same systems that had the black markets disabled did not show on the INARA results.

So hopefully the EDDB data is actually accurate. ¯\(ツ)

Last edited:
They either have a black market or they don't. You can confirm on EDDB, or even the system map in-game once you're in the system or have previously honked it and are looking from the galaxy map.

I'm only at 2/5 with the Dweller, but I haven't been trying to do that yet. But if I blow up a pirate and find some dropped canisters, I might grab the loot and try to find one--more likely an outpost instead of big station--to drop it off real quick until I have my 5. Don't forget a heat sink.

Top Bottom