Black Power Play

Utopia ...circa...4 years ago would be the only power with the drive and follow thru to expand to Colonia if it were allowed or possible.

Add a carrier that can carry dozens of cutters and conda's full of informational pamphlets to bring the truth and enlightenment of Utopia to those desparate and confused people and we would have definitely been able to expand. obviously though, the current way things are calculated make such growth impossible.

If it were not for some meddling Utopians during a certain cycle, you'd have controlled Jaques Station and possibly won the game when it jumped. Alas it was not to be.

Meddling kids, you say?! ;)

When I was a quiche guzzling hippy Utopian a long time ago, my project was to occupy Jaques Station to see what happened when it jumped while being a control system in Powerplay. Sadly, some other Utopians decided it would be great to roleplay expanding into the system next to Sol. The Feds turmoiled Utopia because of it. I was livid as we then lost Jaques.

When I was a quiche guzzling hippy Utopian a long time ago, my project was to occupy Jaques Station to see what happened when it jumped while being a control system in Powerplay. Sadly, some other Utopians decided it would be great to roleplay expanding into the system next to Sol. The Feds turmoiled Utopia because of it. I was livid as we then lost Jaques.

That sucks, I wasn't aware of that. Would have been interesting to see what happened.

Dude some of the ideas here are pretty awesome as far lore possibilities!! But my thought still exist on Torval. kill her off as her power are waining and her bubble is getting small Felicity and Hudson will evaporate her bubble. The old Betty needs to meet God!!!
Theological approach would be awesome as well since that is a Unexplored power approach. I believe you are right since since Hudson covers military and Felicity covers social and The black guy could Covert as aspect.
Theological aspect would put this new power player at odd with Self Worshipping ideologies of empire.
Or Could expand o reason why they went to Colonia (similar to the American story without all the slavery lol)

We'll all look faintly Polynesian to varying degrees by then anyway. We'll all look like The Rock or his sister!!
Living in space all that time, we'll probably look like this:

iu

It is ELITE "Dangerous"
The dangerous, in Elite Dangerous; has nothing to do with these forums.

If you wish to take the theological path, then you need to think, Sify theology and not Planet Earth theology. Go down that path and you are guaranteed to offend, two thirds of the planet.

The thing that really bothers me about the Power Play part of this game; is the issue of the 11th power. There was a time, that an eleventh power, could rise and take over from the weakest power, on the list. But I believe, that the early players, did not 'play the game' that F.D. had planed and had the 'wrong power' about to fail. So F.D. stepped in and moved the goal posts and stopped the failing, of a power a power they did not want to fail. Well, that is how I remember things and to me, it took away and spoilt a major part of the power play options. Again: I have not played for a while, so may not be up to speed.

So as with most things on this planet, if you want something, you need to work, or scheme to get it. Just remember. The humans at F.D. are the gods, of this game and what they say, basically, will be and even if you get your wish and a black face gets to become a leader of a power play power. It may not be the type of black face, you imagined it should be.

Fdev would never let the red headed step child...powerplay... impact their narrative plans.

Top Bottom