Parks Blast Point Resort

Welcome to Blast Point Resort.

This is one of 3 park projects I have on the go at the moment along with Discovery Valley and Forbidden Valley with a Twist.

Blast Point is the bigger, brasher sister park to Discovery Valley. It's going to be a beast of a themepark and resort. While Discovery Valley is evolving naturally and realistically with each Alpha update with pure theme zones, Blast Point is a bit more in your face. I want to experiment a bit more here.
With Alpha 3 coming tomorrow I thought I'd show you all what I have so far.
There's The Blast Point Hotel which some of you may have seen at the start of April when I built the main structure as well as the entrance plaza and main gates. Enjoy!

A new day at Blast Point Hotel

zwrjwTo.png[

Here's the entrance plaza. The arch on the left leads from the carparks and to the right is the main park entrance.

pxm0LnH.png[

The main gate and ticket booths.

8ONdobB.png[

qwG1h93.png[

Stay and play at the Blast Point Hotel.

7G4x6uk.png[

YFI1gt9.png[

uYscmZK.png[

Although the standard rooms at the back of the hotel don't have any park or pool views, they still look out over the surrounding hills.
4XDHvmN.png[

Leading up to reception from the entrance plaza.

FrA3OqO.png[

Wx23pPP.png[

Reception. The check-in desk at the back
xhjboPR.png[

At either side of reception is the ground floor coridoors with the first set of lifts.
emy1IlB.png[

Behind reception is the way out to the pool.
zrkyL2m.png[

l8PgX8S.png[

FLvzm9k.png[

mlVhrM0.png[

Off to the side are the hotel gardens. It's a great place to chill after a full-on day in the themepark. There's an outside bar that sells all kinds of drinks and snacks. Bands and entertainers often perform out here.

pv296sg.png[

ADxM2NL.png[

QNEdNEB.png[

FiZkDzF.png[

Here's some cheeky night-shots.
TmmbfXP.png[

tip3t2d.png[

HGlPwWC.png[

W69GqtP.png[

BPF6kua.png[

sGRoVOX.png[

hskpK9N.png[

A little peak at what's coming in Alpha 3.
qp0PAav.png[

Thanks for coming and watch this space.

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

It's been a while since I updated this thread so I thought I'd do a quick round up of stuff I'd posted in other threads and give you a little taste of what I'm doing with it now.

Here's the start of my second attempt at the mainstreet. I didn't like my first one so I completely scrapped it, and changed the paths too.
DeGCFOy.jpg[

Also, now that we have water, I completely revamped the pool area at the Blast Point Hotel.
p25e1D3.jpg[

u69nFh7.jpg[

TvveGNj.jpg[

Here's a nearly complete mainstreet.
fZGMrHC.jpg[

And here's what I've just done. I've imported Nightshade, My spooky Wing-rider into the park. I've deleted a lot of the rocks that were part of my blueprint and replaced them with terraforming. It looks a lot better and more natural now. I've also added the other smash-through building that I couldn't add to the blueprint because of the 1000 piece limit. This building has 330 pieces.
Loads more landscaping and theming is being added too.

Gs4qNQv.jpg[

1quSibs.jpg[

Hope you all come back soon. Major update coming soon.

Thanks, Malc

Nemmie, man, you did amazing here. Not many people try to get the most out of the modern pieces scenery, but what you did here, wow, chapeau. The hotel looks 100% real.

About the new coaster... Fantastic work also there. the house station is incredible but i have to really congratulate you for the logo sign. You actually tried to make a font for your letters, and i know how hard that can be.
10/10 work Nemmie!

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
WOW! I stumbled upon this thread and my jaw dropped open because, wow!, your creations are truly suberb. Thanks Nemmie for showing them to us.

That resort is massive, and brilliant, and those gardens surrounding the resort are wonderful. Very well designed! Also the main street is amazing and will appeal to many guests.

Great job man! [up] [yesnod]

Nemmie I'd like to book a room with a pool view or a suite maybe for two weeks next July, is it all inclusive? [big grin]

Looking good! Great to see the progress of the Alpha's (remembering the blue roof tiles for water aaaargh!)

Thanks everyone. It's always good getting nice words from such lovely people.

Nemmie, man, you did amazing here. Not many people try to get the most out of the modern pieces scenery, but what you did here, wow, chapeau. The hotel looks 100% real.

About the new coaster... Fantastic work also there. the house station is incredible but i have to really congratulate you for the logo sign. You actually tried to make a font for your letters, and i know how hard that can be.
10/10 work Nemmie!

Thanks mate. When I originally started the park, at the start of April, I built the hotel overnight. I stayed up all the way through as I was so into it and finished it. It was an experiment really to see if I could make a realistic looking hotel. This inspired me to make a park out of it. I also wanted to make the mainstreet with the modern pieces and make it really colourful. We see a lot of mainstreets and so many seem to have a Disney influence and end up looking very similar. I wanted to do something completely different and break the rules a bit.

And as for the ride sign letters, once I got into the flow, it wasn't too difficult. Can you remember when I was saying to Johnny Watts a couple of weeks ago that I'd been messing around with the wood pieces for ages just to make a sign? Well this was the sign.

Nemmie I'd like to book a room with a pool view or a suite maybe for two weeks next July, is it all inclusive? [big grin]

Looking good! Great to see the progress of the Alpha's (remembering the blue roof tiles for water aaaargh!)

I will arrange that for you. I'll even reserve the premiere suite for you at the top of the hotel. It looks out over the pool and the park. [up] The packages haven't been revealed yet though.[wink]

It's coming along nicely Nemmie. Very contemporary and well done. Except for the water jets, those are the devil.

The water jets are an utter ball-ache. You can spend hours of your life you'll never get back, placing them [haha]

BLAST POINT RESORT- OPENING SOON Promo Video Released!

StJCuw7.jpg[

Blast Point Resort is finally ready to welcome it's first guests.

I'm really bad for working on something for a while, and then either burning out or getting myself distracted with another project. I was ready to open the park a couple of months ago and then the update dropped.

I'd used the coloured plastic walls A LOT and the update completely got rid of this set and replaced it with the grey, rough concrete set. It changed Blast Street from this,
fZGMrHC.jpg[

to this
w2v6qGa.jpg[

It looked like some 80s communist dictator had taken over. The hotel was totally messed up. All the signs I'd used for the neon were suddenly huge. I have to admit, I was a bit, well, let's say, not happy and it really made me not want to carry on with this park. I really couldn't face replacing all those pieces.
After a few weeks, I realised that the plastic walls weren't coming back so I bit the bullet and decided to fix it all.

But it really was a good thing. It forced me to go back in and improve it. A lot of the colours were changed slightly and made more vibrant. I was never happy with the colour options for the yellow building, for example, so the new colours are so much better. Also the new signs gave me far more options so there is more neon on the buildings and it's far more colourful.
It certainly wasn't an easy fix. In total, I had to go in and individually replace 1081 pieces, some of which weren't that easy to select.

Here's what 1081 pieces of ugly concrete look like, dumped behind Blast Street. The pile on the left is from the hotel and the pile on the right is from Blast Street and the rock.
dcP1SSv.jpg[

But now, it's looking better than ever and colour has returned to Blast Point.
UvCUsXl.jpg[

Nightshade is going through it's final round of testing
ZxGRllP.jpg[

And first promo video has been released
Source: https://youtu.be/IfJFxq91ld4

Hope to see you all on opening day.

Last edited:
Wow, nice recovery ;) The new version looks great!

BTW, you should save the piles of removed pieces as blueprints. They look perfect for some post-apocalypse-on-drugs sort of thing ;)

Wow, nice recovery ;) The new version looks great!

BTW, you should save the piles of removed pieces as blueprints. They look perfect for some post-apocalypse-on-drugs sort of thing ;)

HA HA Thanks. I'm afraid the park waste boffins have already disposed of it all. Great idea for a ride though [wink]

ticket in hand - joins queue

Thanks mate. You're already on the guest list [up]

It's a beautiful day and the early morning light hits the entrance, waiting for the first guests to come flooding in.
VslfrUN.jpg[

Top Bottom