Parks Blast Point Resort

Thank you so much for the feedback, everyone. It's really nice to know that you are enjoying the SLOW progress this park is having ;)

Here's a little something to show that things are happening. What will be the area's new restaurant has started to go up. Behind the screened scaffolding, the main structure of the station building is pretty much done. That was the most difficult and complex thing I've ever attempted to build in Planco. It's all curved surfaces and weird angles. I can't wait for it all to be revealed.
vu9YRdn.jpg

I love that you take the time for these construction shots. It really adds to the build time, but does tell a great story. I would never have the patience to do this.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for continuing to share your work with us, Nemmie <3

I love the efforts and realism that you put into your park. The park is literally being constructed :D

Another 6 months has gone by without me touching this park. I had a big setback when my D Drive died and I lost loads of stuff I'd been working on for months for this project for something really special. So I couldn't face carrying on with it for a good while. Hopefully, I can get the data retrieved at some point. I decided to bite the bullet and give it another go. Here's what you missed.

This is the small update I should have posted in November

The restaurant building has had it's flat roof put on and has been sealed against the weather
X3Cphl5.jpg

Now the rapids lift hill is started to be closed in.
VZqDbnj.jpg

mdn7H5I.jpg

And this is what I've done over the last couple of days.

Picking up the pieces and dusting myself off, here we go again...................
The glazing has arrived for the new restaurant. I don't know why the idiots took all the protective boxing off the the glass before they got it off the truck.
gICCJYJ.jpg

The first one is in. Let's hope they don't break any
o0rF3XS.jpg

QwlkDBQ.jpg

All the glass is now in and has been covered to protect it while the building is completed. The first of the restaurant's towers is finally being installed
H8DxKwG.jpg

The top goes on which shows it's a clock tower
vavmYre.jpg

It's the first part of the new area which hints what it may all look like. And in the background, the rapids lift-hill has been closed in with a rendered covering.
jDpOgGY.jpg

A load more scaffolding goes up.
1NHLKKl.jpg

The skilled workers paint and clad the render to look like rock. The restaurant gets the top of it's 2nd dome. Things are now really starting to take shape.
MmsR6HU.jpg

Even Blast Point Resort is celebrating a little bit of progress. YAY!!
8cE3VTE.jpg

frlEOPw.jpg

Last edited:
Theming Starts And Something New Arrives

Since last time, a little catch up with what's been happening at Blast Point Resort.

The first piece of theming is put into place
qvPiDp7.jpg

The restaurant's looking like it's well on it's way. The raised veranda that will surround it is being installed.
Y7enXen.jpg

Meanwhile, something has arrived at the main service entrance
WsKeKrt.jpg

2HYpTI2.jpg

The last truck carrying the ride cars turns off the main road, letting the traffic flow again
EmdylOI.jpg

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPh7lbC3tfY

PRFQoPn.jpg

The crane lifts the ride off the truck
JTk5cuC.jpg

Swings it round
72OjpQV.jpg

And lowers it onto it's foundation
5eBl8Z8.jpg

The main arms and support arms are fanned out. The legs are spread out and the main ride footers are fitted. And the support arm extensions are taken off the second truck ready for fitting
6UKOJmj.jpg

The support arm extensions are attached
FUHEjfZ.jpg

9xCUIl0.jpg

The pieces that make up the ride platform are taken off the truck and attached
IFsU0bi.jpg

CMFH3bp.jpg

More coming soon

Theming Starts And Something New Arrives

Since last time, a little catch up with what's been happening at Blast Point Resort.

The first piece of theming is put into place
qvPiDp7.jpg

The restaurant's looking like it's well on it's way. The raised veranda that will surround it is being installed.
Y7enXen.jpg

Meanwhile, something has arrived at the main service entrance
WsKeKrt.jpg

2HYpTI2.jpg

The last truck carrying the ride cars turns off the main road, letting the traffic flow again
EmdylOI.jpg

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPh7lbC3tfY

PRFQoPn.jpg

The crane lifts the ride off the truck
JTk5cuC.jpg

Swings it round
72OjpQV.jpg

And lowers it onto it's foundation
5eBl8Z8.jpg

The main arms and support arms are fanned out. The legs are spread out and the main ride footers are fitted. And the support arm extensions are taken off the second truck ready for fitting
6UKOJmj.jpg

The support arm extensions are attached
FUHEjfZ.jpg

9xCUIl0.jpg

The pieces that make up the ride platform are taken off the truck and attached
IFsU0bi.jpg

CMFH3bp.jpg

More coming soon
Nemmie, this is Mindblowing stuff :O Your Attention of Detail is unmatched. I can hardly think of anybody else that goes through the trouble to make every step of the Park construction believable and goes that extra Mile in terms of Realism. The Fact that you painstakingly recreated the Huss Booster out of bits and Pieces is absolutely crazy. I think Frontier should give you the Spotlight that you deserve in a Stream dedicated to your stuff. :D

Crowdy. Thanks so much, buddy. That's very kind. I always get these crazy ideas that always seem to get out of hand. :)

Wowman. Crowdy was on the right path here, but I think I must have explained it wrong to him. I didn't use the Advanced Move tool because even when you hide the menus, you can see see the Advanced Move widget thingy.
All I did was select the truck and used the Surface Move tool. In the options, set the mouse and key sensitivity as low as possible, so the movement is quite slow and smooth. Then if you hold both mouse buttons and either pan the camera or raise/lower it, the truck moves naturally with it. It takes a bit of practice to get the movement looking kinda natural but it's really easy.

Last edited:
Crowdy. Thanks so much, buddy. That's very kind. I always get these crazy ideas that always seem to get out of hand. :)

Wowman. Crowdy was on the right path here, but I think I must have explained it wrong to him. I didn't use the Advanced Move tool because even when you hide the menus, you can see see the Advanced Move widget thingy.
All I did was select the truck and used the Surface Move tool. In the options, set the mouse and key sensitivity as low as possible, so the movement is quite slow and smooth. Then if you hold both mouse buttons and either pan the camera or raise/lower it, the truck moves naturally with it. It takes a bit of practice to get the movement looking kinda natural but it's really easy.
Ah i misremembered it 😬 Because you did that in that other Video of yours too i think 🤔

Top Bottom