"Blight" State?

Just for the record, my faction has a blight active in our space as well, discovered in the squadron screen about 2 days ago. I haven't been in that system personally to update eddb or investigate in detail yet, I'm out on a mining run and most of my faction forgets to run edsm when online.

It's an industrial system that we control, and the state is active for my faction. There's no agricultural economy present in that system. Oddly enough, our agricultural systems are doing great and are in boom.

So far we suspect two things, but have yet to test fully:

1. It may be caused by or related to the recent release of the rare commodity "rockforth fertilizer" as the blight started roughly around the same time.

2. It may be cured by delivering "agri medicines" to affected systems (at least, that makes logical sense and with the lack of specific missions and uss, is most likely).

Economic and security sliders are all positive, and influence seems stable so far. Haven't noticed any immediate negative effects beyond the happiness level being at "discontented."

We will be doing some testing and we will add our results here as we obtain more data.

The blight state that has appeared in one of our squadrons systems mentions "Argonomic treatments" to control the Blight??

The blight state that has appeared in one of our squadrons systems mentions "Argonomic treatments" to control the Blight??
Yeah I saw that too. Not exactly sure what that means in the context of elite. Best I can think of is agri medicines.

By definition it's the science of soil management, which is consistent with draught. Not sure what else exists in elite to address that.

Any change in the demand for water in affected systems?

Last edited:
Yay.
EGuNZJWXYAEhhR1

Any change in the demand for water in affected systems?
No.

I don't have enough data to do a proper analysis yet, but changes I can see:
- increase of about 15% in production of Biowaste
- animal meat demand down to 75% normal, fish down to 87% normal, wine down to 75% normal, tea down to 70% normal
- 15% increase in demand for domestic appliances and reactive armour
- 35% increase in demand for coffee, fruit and veg, synthetic meat, bootleg liquor
- 40% increase in liquor demand
- 50% increase in non-lethal weapons demand
- 60% in basic medicines demand (advanced medicines no change)
- 100% increase in food cartridges demand

Price effects either zero or within 1-2% of normal.

Any change in economic/ security sliders for blighted systems?
Nothing obvious yet, but if it's a gradual effect it'd be difficult to pick out this soon in. The one controlling faction in blight has significant constant positive pressure on both sliders anyway, so I wouldn't expect to be a good test.

Could selling the Rockford fertilizer cause the blight? It was introduced as being pushed without proper tests.
If so, it's not the only cause, since factions without any commodity markets can end up in blight, as can factions in non-agricultural systems which would make unusual places to sell the fertiliser at.

Top Bottom