Blockade on Kehperi by The Code

From the Desk of the Ambassador of The Code,

Due to the differences between The Code and the Teamsters Logistics Corporation (TLC), and TLC’s response as a corporation to the heist of Kehperi being utterly unsatisfactory for the events that transpired; The Code will now launch a full scale blockade on the Kehperi system.

The Code and its affiliated organizations would like to warn any bystanders to stay clear of the system and abide by our demands when requested, otherwise lethal action will be taken.

It is regretful that the situation has deteriorated to this point, but The Code believes in redemption and is willing to accept 400 tons of bromellite, 200 tons of Panite, and 50 units of modular terminal as compensation for the blockade to be lifted.

The blockade will remain in effect at the discretion of The Code and can be withdrawn if the demands are met.

Sincerely,

Gluttony Fang

After my eyes leave the last line of the numerous messages I received on my terminal, I close my eyes and cross my legs. My head leans back into the chair the captain has graciously purchased for me due to the nature of my duties.

Speaking of the devil, the head of our organization waltz through my door with a portable terminal in his hand, waving it as if a flag while sheltering his stomach as if this is the last time he will ever laugh again in his life.

Without a word, my superior tosses me the terminal before leaning against a nearby wall for support as he evens his breathing.

Snatching the afloat device, I scroll through the content:

“From the office of TLC Dispute Arbitration.

The TLC has a proud history of fostering positive interactions among Pilots. We encourage all our clients to conduct business in open play even though some have been reluctant to do so. Customer satisfaction is our top priority.

We offer our services without fear or favour, to any pilot who we can agree terms with, and have a demonstrable record of doing so. To this end; our terms are our bond - the contract that every customer enters into to facilitate the trade. We take this extremely seriously; and during the trade, it is the primary framework under which we conduct business.

This case clearly involves a dissatisfied customer, and raises some troubling issues. It has required careful consideration and review of all evidence; ranging from video material provided by the customer, through to interviews with the trade pilots in question.

The key facts are these:

The customer clearly enters into contract with TCL for the purpose of trade under TLC terms.

The customer breaches those terms by inviting non-affiliated pilots. The trade pilots cancel the sale, per the terms of business.

We understand that the customer is aggrieved on the basis that they failed to receive satisfaction, however; since the customer demonstrated a fraudulent breach of contract; TLC bears no responsibility for said satisfaction.

This bears repetition:

The Teamsters Logistics Corporation has no interest in satisfying the needs of those who choose to ignore the terms of contract they enter into.

There are additional issues arising:

There is a dispute over whether demands issued in local comms were in fact visible to the winged trade pilots.

There is a dispute over the methods the trade pilots used to terminate the sale. TLC has no public comment on either issue as they are consequent to gross breach of TLC terms.

However, our internal protocols will be reviewed in light of this incident, to avoid re-occurrence.”

My lips tighten into a pout before a storm of laughter bursts from within. I casually place the device in my hand aside before leaning my forehead into my index finger.

“Do they take us for fools?” I sneer.

“It seems like they do, what do you say?” The bearded man scratches his chin before perching in front of me, with his shadow cast beneath him by the light of the dual glass panels behind me, separated by a shelf.

“The men will want blood once they catch wind of that.” I erect my thumb and point at the flickering hologram on the portable terminal.

With his arms folded in front of his chest, a sly smile streaks by. “When was the last time we had a formal blockade?”

Rolling my eyes, a bitter grin crawls onto my visage. “You mean Hutton Orbital?”

“Shall we then?” Exercising his shoulder by rotating his right arm, the captain beams at me with excitement.

My brows furrow into a helpless knot as I hold up my hands. “Whatever the captain wills.”

“Such a pity that at least one of them had the conscience to apologize.” Raising an eyebrow, the captain crosses his hands at the small of his back before strolling toward the door.

“Sometimes a person can’t speak for their group.” I shrug, turning my chair to face one of the glass panels. A weary sigh leaves my lips as I contemplate of what is to come.

Update:

It has come to our attention that Teamsters Logistics Corporation has decided to agree to our terms and compensate us for the exact amount: 400 tons of Bromellite, 200 tons of Panite, and 50 units of Modular Terminals.

TLC has also issued policies that would deter the use of interdimensional drive against their members, which we are delighted to see.

The Code is delighted by TLC’s attitude and willingness to cooperate. Once The Code receives compensation in full and good faith, the blockade on Kehperi will be lifted. Before then, The Code and its associated organizations advise that pilots stay clear of the system and abide by the existing conditions of the blockade.

Sincerely,

Gluttony Fang

Update:

Interview with Radio Sidewinder

Update:

It is our pleasure to announce that our exchange with the Teamsters Logistics Corporation was a flawless success. The agreed upon amount for compensation was indeed received in full and good faith. The Code wishes to commend members of the TLC that cooperated with us and their dedication to rectify the unfortunate event that transpired during the initial heist. I personally am pleased by the strength of character shown by Cmdr Pollycough and look forward to our future encounters in the black.

The Code is also aware that heated disagreement within TLC was brought to surface by our heist. While we feel unfortunate that there is a rift within TLC as a corporation, we believe it is for the best for those that believe in certain values to be differentiated from those that do not when it comes to trading in Open.

The Blockade in Kehperi imposed by The Code is hereby lifted, armed blockade forces from The Code are retreating from the system.

Sincerely,

Gluttony Fang

[video=youtube_share;sv4IUGWCInw]https://youtu.be/sv4IUGWCInw[/video]

Last edited:
No Bromelite I'm afraid, but how about 1½ Datamined Wake Exception, one used black sock, a box full of good intentions, and the schematics for an Interdimenstional Drive (I could throw in a dampening field for free)?

PS: Good luck.

Let them RP... it's way more stuff for both sides than most Grinders will ever have in Elite...

It's not the RP that's the problem.

One group warning everyone to avoid one area in Open is simply inviting lulzbunnies to be there - who will take every advantage they can to make sure that anyone else there has an unpleasant experience. Other players will take unpleasant actions to annoy the lulzbunnies, yet more players will suffer directly from those actions through no fault of their own, and it simply escalates into nonsense.

It's not the RP that's the problem.

One group warning everyone to avoid one area in Open is simply inviting lulzbunnies to be there - who will take every advantage they can to make sure that anyone else there has an unpleasant experience. Other players will take unpleasant actions to annoy the lulzbunnies, yet more players will suffer directly from those actions through no fault of their own, and it simply escalates into nonsense.

You might be surprised. The Code is likely to do what they can to ensure an orderly blockade. Depending how The Teamsters respond, this could become quite entertaining for all concerned.

As the post above says, it certainly beats grinding. And for those that prefer to avoid this sort of thing, there are modes available.

From what I've heard, any considerations they might make of accepting your demands stem from a desire to preserve their image, not from any sudden realization that what they did is bad for the game.

From what I've heard, any considerations they might make of accepting your demands stem from a desire to preserve their image, not from any sudden realization that what they did is bad for the game.

Let's just say we are leading by example, what other organization wants to do with this entire situation is out of our hands.

Nah they hired SDC for doing theirs security xD like I said... possibilities.... that's is becoming interesting...

As a student of history I am reminded of the times the Roman Empire hired "Foederati"to use as mercenaries. In particular, I am thinking of the use of the Huns to defend against, the Huns.

It didn't turn out to well for the Romans.

Top Bottom