Powerplay Blocking players - why?

The Replicated Man

T
As far as I know FDEV adjusted blocking in such a way that if you block someone, it will block communication from them but doesn't guarantee that you will NOT instance with them.

Very few have made it onto my list. Mainly has to do with meme/****posting or harassment in game and that is what FDEV recommends people do when they encounter a person who just wants to bother you. Report and block them. You will probably see them show up, but rest assured you won't hear from them in game again.

That is funny experience. I'm from Grom's combat fleet. All pilots always cooperate in voice channel and we know our Feds opponents even by names. So, probably you have to select a power and join their discord to cooperate and expand your farming experience to combat one.
And of course Grom ones are the best PvP/PP Pilots.

Hahahahahahahahaha. You must be like, the one guy (Grom PP in open).

We don't believe you exist.

Haulers in PG, PVP wing in open?

You've spent too much time with the Imperial players.

Which power do you represent? Feds meet us often including our haulers. So ask them. Even my T9 was down once when I was fortifying.

And we don't have a dedicated PvP wings. Those pilots which fight also prepare and fortify in open.
Once there is a threat, we change to combat ships. Ask your pilots how many ships they lost during Frey prep.

So, your statement is false.

Last edited:
Which power do you represent? Feds meet us often including our haulers. So ask them. Even my T9 was down once when I was fortifying.

And we don't have a dedicated PvP wings. Those pilots which fight also prepare and fortify in open.
Once there is a threat, we change to combat ships. Ask your pilots how many ships they lost during Frey prep.

So, your statement is false.

You had a spot of undermining last cycle, and not many opponents were seen during this most glorious burger harvest.

We didn't see you too. In fact, during the time I fortify, I was attacked only once. Does it mean I play in private?
And I also know about Lupus Dei but to go out and find them it is nearly impossible even everyone is in open.

Last edited:
PvP is inevitable

Not sure how you got this idea, but in an instanced game, with modes and block lists.
You'd have to be high to think this is true.

I have only ever played PP in my mates PG, tell me how "PvP is inevitable" again :p

As far as I know FDEV adjusted blocking in such a way that if you block someone, it will block communication from them but doesn't guarantee that you will NOT instance with them.

Actually, the in-game block used to be just communications. To instance block someone you had to drop back to the main menu, add them as a friend and once they accept you could block them. After several complaints from people being harassed, Frontier combines both systems into one system, in game.

However, as you point out, blocking has never been 100% effective. As there are several things can weight the Matchmaker and who you can play with, so you can still end up with a blocked person in your instance.

We didn't see you too. In fact, during the time I fortify, I was attacked only once. Does it mean I play in private?
And I also know about Lupus Dei but to go out and find them it is nearly impossible even everyone is in open.

Well, we did see one commander who was fortifying in open who went to ground in a station while we worked, fortifying stopping while this went on. They then dissapeared and it was back to normal (i.e we were there and fortifying started)....plus, its not exactly secret ZYADA forces fort in PG and solo, and mess with powers who wholly fight in Open. Guilt by association?

TBF I see EGCF regularly in PP situations and in BGS - then Hudson has more overlap with Grom than Kumo, so the chance of us meeting is higher. Other Grom players I dont know (I have spent hours seeing no-one in Clayakarma once - never went back to check again), but I have started to see more around the place in general at engineers etc (aalthough maybe module shoppers - only regular Grom players i've ever seen are EGCF), so please keep encouraging them Eridanin. It is a much more fun game when opponents meet... Although instancing when there are EU, Russian, US and Asian players trying to fight each other is often problematic!

Blocking is a great game tool. I think of it as fine-tuning the game experience I want. I exclude people who spam chat with swear words, people who do silly things like pad blocking and ramming, and people who destroy clean, no-cargo defenceless ships. Having said that I use it cautiously and set the threshold quite high in these areas so my list isn't huge. I find the ability to keep the game a pure space experience valuable, and I'm against any reduction of it for any reason.

I would consider purposely blocking powerplay opponents an exploit though, as I think it's clearly not the intended use.

I must say that this is a well thought out piece of input by tiddymun and many of you have raised valid points on the state of the game as well. While some enjoy "the salt" of a gank the fact of the matter is that blocking breaks the instance.

Clogging breaks Frontier ToS and blocking the way it works now is close to being an exploit (it should only affect Comms).

If I can survive in my t9 (size 8 prismatics and shield boosters) vs 2 kraits then so can you survive in your hauler ship too. Just ask some of AD's haulers in Cutters.

Just to push back a little bit.... do you have a way of knowing that players are blocking opposition in Power Play?
I'm guessing they brag about it in discord. Otherwise there's no ingame way to know, AFAIK.

Bingo. Back before I saw the light of Z0Z0 and was doing PP, some pilots bragged about blocking or hauling in solo. There are of course some exceptions for every power who pilot for real (e.g. in open, no clogs, no blocks, etc) but IMO it's the minority and PP dominated by garbage tier tactics especially hauling in solo and 5C.

Also it's just setup to encourage this. One side starts blocking or hauling in solo and they have a huge advantage. So the other sides need to also just to keep up. It's a terrible design as FDev has essentially created a breeding ground for a garbage play arms race. To add insult to injury the whole set of mechanics is so opaque and ridiculous, only a small minority of PPers actually understand how a power can do well. In fact, many don't even realize what the "score" is (command capital) or that the score even exists.

(There are also hauling bots despite people not wanting to believe this).

I agree so much with you OP. It's been happening to my player group too.

Re the block button: give people a little power and they will abuse it or otherwise not use it as intended. Shame on FDev for not using a little foresight when considering implementation of that, and related, features.

Oopsie

Banned
Blocking players in this way seems like exploitation of the block functionality. I don't think that is how it was meant to be used.

I agree so much with you OP. It's been happening to my player group too.

Re the block button: give people a little power and they will abuse it or otherwise not use it as intended. Shame on FDev for not using a little foresight when considering implementation of that, and related, features.

Blocking players in this way seems like exploitation of the block functionality. I don't think that is how it was meant to be used.

Same goes for some folks who send out "Friend" invites, to see where you are on the map so they can track you and gank you (if you accept the invite).

Top Bottom