Blue

Why can't we have a blue skin as she's the most iconic dinosaur in Jurassic World now

Well my best guess is, that she's such a special character, that it would be kind of weird to just keep breeding her in your park, unless you could only breed her once. I believe that's why all the dinosaurs are "generic". At least that's what I would do, if I was making the game...

Well my best guess is, that she's such a special character, that it would be kind of weird to just keep breeding her in your park, unless you could only breed her once. I believe that's why all the dinosaurs are "generic". At least that's what I would do, if I was making the game...

See I'd like to have her but i still don't know why we can't have her :(

6BSWg47.jpg

Considering how Blue has a significant role from the InGen Database Memos, and from both Jurassic World movies, I'm very surprised that there isn’t a Rainforest skin for Velociraptor based on Blue.

It's especially confusing as well because in the memo “A Close Bond”, Owen Grady discusses with Dr. Malcolm that InGen will take Blue away from him, and with the company needing new sources of income, will try to create more of her.

Considering how Blue has a significant role from the InGen Database Memos, and from both Jurassic World movies, I'm very surprised that there isn’t a Rainforest skin for Velociraptor based on Blue.

It's especially confusing as well because in the memo “A Close Bond”, Owen Grady discusses with Dr. Malcolm that InGen will take Blue away from him, and with the company needing new sources of income, will try to create more of her.

Wondering the exact same thing
The skin doesnt have to have a blue stripe as well but could be red or orange stripe

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Blue is an iconic unique character in Jurassic World with her own unique look and personality. To ensure we remain true to her unique status her skin is not available in Jurassic World Evolution.

Blue is an iconic unique character in Jurassic World with her own unique look and personality. To ensure we remain true to her unique status her skin is not available in Jurassic World Evolution.

That seems fair enough, but would it be possible for the JP/// Female Velociraptor skin to be in the game?

jurassic-park3-movie-screencaps.com-9418.jpg

A Raptor that was described to have an appearance similar to the one in the picture above, played a significant role in the events of the Jurassic World prequel novel, The Evolution of Claire

That seems fair enough, but would it be possible for the JP/// Female Velociraptor skin to be in the game?

A Raptor that was described to have an appearance similar to the one in the picture above, played a significant role in the events of the Jurassic World prequel novel, The Evolution of Claire

I think that is Alpine but Frontiers version of it be better if it was more black and white though

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. It is a game about Jurassic World and its dinos and therefore its characters - especially for things like the rex, spino, and raptor. Why do you not want to have one of the most iconic dinosaur characters of the franchise in the game that's made to breed and manage a park of the franchise's dinos?? Rex has a skin that looks pretty damn close to how Rexy looks, Spino's skin is pretty much the same. Carno... Indoraptor, I-Rex, the list goes on. What makes Blue such a special little snowflake that she doesn't get a skin in the game like many other dinos??

For that matter why do raptors in general, one of the most iconic dinos, have the worst skins in the game? There are so many different raptor variations to choose from, and so many opportunities missed - the original JP raptor, TLW tiger striped raptor, the JP3 male and female raptors, the raptor squad patterns from JW. Heck, the art team shows they have the ability to make some really awesome new skins, and yet we get a single dull pattern that barely resembles any of the existing raptors, and have very minor color variation throughout the all the available skins in-game.

I personally think it is a mistake to exclude popular dino skins just because of it being tied to the appearance of an iconic character. Either way, if it doesn't get added into the game by the devs, it'll get added in by modders. People already have found ways to change skins in the game - some of them being amazing film-accurate skins. But that's a whole other can of worms entirely that I shall not go into further here...

Last edited:
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. It is a game about Jurassic World and its dinos and therefore its characters - especially for things like the rex, spino, and raptor. Why do you not want to have one of the most iconic dinosaur characters of the franchise in the game that's made to breed and manage a park of the franchise's dinos?? Rex has a skin that looks pretty damn close to how Rexy looks, Spino's skin is pretty much the same. Carno... Indoraptor, I-Rex, the list goes on. What makes Blue such a special little snowflake that she doesn't get a skin in the game like many other dinos??

For that matter why do raptors in general, one of the most iconic dinos, have the worst skins in the game? There are so many different raptor variations to choose from, and so many opportunities missed - the original JP raptor, TLW tiger striped raptor, the JP3 male and female raptors, the raptor squad patterns from JW. Heck, the art team shows they have the ability to make some really awesome new skins, and yet we get a single dull pattern that barely resembles any of the existing raptors, and have very minor color variation throughout the all the available skins in-game.

I personally think it is a mistake to exclude popular dino skins just because of it being tied to the appearance of an iconic character. Either way, if it doesn't get added into the game by the devs, it'll get added in by modders. People already have found ways to change skins in the game - some of them being amazing film-accurate skins. But that's a whole other can of worms entirely that I shall not go into further here...

Is that... a threat? :D :D

Anyway, you can't have Blue in your enclosure for the same reason you can't have Owen Grady in your enclosure. They're not templates, they're characters. I imagine they could bring Blue into the game as a part of a mission, for example. But allowing players to just clone her indefinitely would degrade her role in the lore.

Last edited:

Anyway, you can't have Blue in your enclosure for the same reason you can't have Owen Grady in your enclosure. They're not templates, they're characters. I imagine they could bring Blue into the game as a part of a mission, for example. But allowing players to just clone her indefinitely would degrade her role in the lore.

If we're bringing lore into this (atleast in terms of what happens in the films)... They've already crossed the boundary of cloning people, so cloning a particular dinosaur is not all that farfetched, especially when they do all the gene splicing and stuff that they do to create the dinosaurs in the first place. And just because a particular raptor has the same pattern as Blue, does not make that raptor the original Blue. Its just another raptor with a blue striped skin pattern. It'd be like having a game with cats, where you couldn't have orange cats because Garfield is an orange cat and "he's an iconic character". It also doesn't explain why we have Spino's skin, or Rexy.. or I-Rex, or Indoraptor, etc - they're just as much of a character as Blue is. I might not be so miffed about it if raptors didnt have the worst skins in the game.

Also, no. It's not a threat. I've not created nor used any mods... I've just seen people that have already done it because they too want Blue's skins (and several others from the films) in the game.

I mean tehinally if we're saying we cant have certain dinos cos the lore then Ankylosaurus Ceratosaurus Corythosaurus and spinosaurus we shouldn't have cos they're illegal experiments

I mean tehinally if we're saying we cant have certain dinos cos the lore then Ankylosaurus Ceratosaurus Corythosaurus and spinosaurus we shouldn't have cos they're illegal experiments

Well, yes, of course. I meant it as a joke, because the vibe I was getting from Ahart's post was "If you don't include my favourite skins, I'm going to break the TOS and install mods". :)

Well, yes, of course. I meant it as a joke, because the vibe I was getting from Ahart's post was "If you don't include my favourite skins, I'm going to break the TOS and install mods". :)

Ohh my mistake I'm on console so even tho blue is my most wanted skin i can't mod it

I honestly never really cared for blue or her skin but the other raptors in her pack have some bad skins. I wouldnt be surprised if they made a raptor dlc complete with new story missions, maps, skins and involving pack hunting and raptor antics which is why they have not given them any attention. Maybe even lead a group with a ranger vehicle to go fight something like in the movies.

I honestly never really cared for blue or her skin but the other raptors in her pack have some bad skins. I wouldnt be surprised if they made a raptor dlc complete with new story missions, maps, skins and involving pack hunting and raptor antics which is why they have not given them any attention. Maybe even lead a group with a ranger vehicle to go fight something like in the movies.

I hope something like new missions centred on raptors but not a Jurassic world kinda mission

The skin patterns are technically templates. We aren't cloning Blue, we are cloning a raptor with her skin pattern.

Last edited:
Top Bottom