Blurry Textures ... still since launch

Hi yes, I went to go make an issue post in the tracker, there already is one so I've added my 2sense.

At launch I had a texture bug where everything was blurry. Despite my graphics settings.. They updated and fixed it... kind of. The animals were fine but scenery and foliage was still a problem. It was off and on, not consistent at all. Placing items in certain spots would cause the textures to appear again or disappear. But leading up to the DLC/big update release, it felt like the textures got worse. As in it was happening on more and more items. (It wasnt previously happening on every single item)...

I was really hoping the update would've fixed it but nope... still blurry. Zooming all the way out and back in again will SOMETIMES fix it, and even if it does, only temporarily.

I update everything every day, hoping it will fix it but no luck..

1576637793803.png
1576637812193.png

Yes... she wrote everything is up to date 😊 and I don't see this blurry thing the first time in threads here, so there are more people with it... this forum makes me sad, I really wanted the game to be good. I still love it, but there are so many things wrong that I didn't play since around 3 weeks (after Updates crashed 4 zoo's I made, my motivation to start over is very low). So I use this forum to see if things got improved - but as far as I can see it, things got even worse. So I'm still waiting... hopefully not forever.

Same issue. Graphics drivers up to date for me personally. I actually just posted the issue yesterday on there because it hasn’t been fixed or even addressed. I saw a few comments yesterday so thank you for adding one and hopefully that will help it get seen.
My issue isn’t severe but it got worse a few weeks ago for me as well. Mine fixed initially when the blurry animals fixed and I no longer had texture issues at all. I never had blurry animals but my signs and certain items always were no matter what I did. It was totally fine even with a large zoo after whatever update addressed the animals.
Now I can place a blurry item and zoom in and out which adjusts it to normal but having to do that every time I build or place anything it feels like is tedious and things will still go out of focus occasionally and I’ll have to do it again. Also certain foliage is a problem but not all. It’s extremely inconsistent on which items it wants to work on when I’m playing and which it doesn’t. Graphics settings don’t matter at all I’ve adjusted constantly trying to figure out what’s wrong and nothing works. Seems to me like an error of some sort because no setting fixes it and the rest of my game looks beautiful on high settings. My FPS isn’t even awful majority of the time. I just hope a fix arrives soon for this it’s a very odd issue.

Yes... she wrote everything is up to date 😊 and I don't see this blurry thing the first time in threads here, so there are more people with it... this forum makes me sad, I really wanted the game to be good. I still love it, but there are so many things wrong that I didn't play since around 3 weeks (after Updates crashed 4 zoo's I made, my motivation to start over is very low). So I use this forum to see if things got improved - but as far as I can see it, things got even worse. So I'm still waiting... hopefully not forever.

Oops, missed that part. (y)

I have a Nvidia 1060 3GB if that helps anyone I don’t know what the OP has but seems to be an issue usually with cards lower than mine. I haven’t heard a lot of 1060 people reporting it but lots of 1050 and below have been. May be a setting issue I don’t know I’ve tried messing with them in every way I know how though.

It’s just so inconsistent it has to be some form of a glitch as it doesn’t always happen and certain inconsistent areas in my park it doesn’t happen at all even in fuller areas. I can’t figure out the cause it’s very annoying is all I know. Zoom in zoom out is the only fix for me and even that’s not consistent.

It's depending on the amount of GPU memory. The textures gets loaded in there. When your using a grapics card with a low amount of memory (< 4GB) it can easly happen the memory is already full. If this happens, PZ can not load the texture(s) and stays blurry. You can check this your task manager (click on more details) at the 2nd tab and then all below. While running the game, switch to the task manager to verify this.

If your memory is indeed > 90% used. You'll never be able to run all the textures without blur. Unless you buy a new grapics card of course.

Btw, the reason for the inconsistency, is based on whats in your view at that specifiq moment. When you have a lot of textures in screen (even when you don't think so) it can try to load too many textures. While if you have just a few textures loaded, if will load the proper hd texture and show it.

Hi, goodmorning, thanks for all the feedback. Yes I check my drivers daily. And also, I have a Geforce GTX 1050. As above was mentioned, seems to be a lot of people with this issue have the same or similar graphics card. I understand the memory thing but that wouldn't explain why this is the ONLY game that has that issue... Also why they confirmed and "fixed" it in an earlier update.

It was previously confirmed a bug, and supposedly fixed. (mostly) And now it's returned. I think it's an issue where our computer is thinking the object is further away than it really is, resulting in the low textures. Because it's meant to make further away objects render lower quality to help performance. Seems like it's getting mixed up because when we zoom out, it "resets" it. Sorry, I'm by no means a tech expert and someone else explained this much better than I am...

The thing that really throws me off is the inconsistency of the issue. The object that I notice it the most frequently with would be the reeds... and the caribou moss. As seen below... one actually has texture and the other is blurry. xD Along with the walls and rocks in the background.
1576693743019.png

I know my GPU has low memory but I’ve seen someone with a 6GB of the 1060 have the same issue and it’s all around very similar cards. And yes it uses a lot of my GPU memory but here’s the issue that doesn’t explain. It doesn’t explain why zooming out and back in completely fixes it almost consistently with me at least. So my computer isn’t having issues loading textures it’s initial loading of certain items as I am placing them. It’s not every item and occasionally things go out and I have to zoom out again but that’s fairly rare for me maybe a handful of times per a few hours of play time. Changing the settings even down to low does nothing and the textures don’t look bad on low settings in all reality they still focus just aren’t as smooth. This is like what an object looks like zoomed out of focus.
And also they were able to fix the blurry animals and this isn’t different than that really. Frontier confirmed it as a bug a while ago for the animals I’m just not sure they are aware it’s still happening on objects.

I do have this same issue (GTX1050 here as well) and checked it out my self as well.
Of course it could be a bug of the game to not empty/release the memory when the texture is no longer needed. But simple but hard:Memory <90% used is working 100% without blur. and above 90% is getting blured textures.
Why some are and some aren't is just depending of the loading order created by PZ. I do agree they could improve the order of loading.
The reason why zooming out and in helps, is due to the fact that zooming triggers the game to recalculate which models should be done, and which shouldn't.

I do have this same issue (GTX1050 here as well) and checked it out my self as well.
Of course it could be a bug of the game to not empty/release the memory when the texture is no longer needed. But simple but hard:Memory <90% used is working 100% without blur. and above 90% is getting blured textures.
Why some are and some aren't is just depending of the loading order created by PZ. I do agree they could improve the order of loading.
The reason why zooming out and in helps, is due to the fact that zooming triggers the game to recalculate which models should be done, and which shouldn't.
Here’s my biggest question still. Why does changing the settings not help the computer use less VRAM (it doesn’t I’ve checked when I lower them and it’s still saying at 2.8 out of 3.0)? Shouldn’t lowering the textures or even the settings in general help if it is a GPU problem? I’m not a tech expert by any means so I don’t have any clue and am just curious about the why behind this if it isn’t a bug. I’m also confused as to why it ever fixed for me completely and came back a few weeks later. Have I messed up a hardware setting somewhere?

Here’s my biggest question still. Why does changing the settings not help the computer use less VRAM (it doesn’t I’ve checked when I lower them and it’s still saying at 2.8 out of 3.0)? Shouldn’t lowering the textures or even the settings in general help if it is a GPU problem? I’m not a tech expert by any means so I don’t have any clue and am just curious about the why behind this if it isn’t a bug. I’m also confused as to why it ever fixed for me completely and came back a few weeks later. Have I messed up a hardware setting somewhere?

Of course could this be a bug. Same if PZ wouldn't release the memory proper. That would also be considered as a bug. But even with lowering all settings, it doesn't necessarily needs to fix the blur. Because most settings are GPU related (the processor unit instead of memory). And therefore will only free some processor power instead of memory.

i have a GTX2080 and still have this issue. sometimes going into carrer mode, then loading it there, then going back to your saved game can work but this isnt a long term fix, it takes time and it doesnt even last. i also wanted this game to be good but it seems they cant fix this texture issue...... i have ZooTycoon2 and even those waaaaaaaay outdates textures are better =/
Frontier, please tell us if this is an issue you plan on doing something about

i have a GTX2080 and still have this issue. sometimes going into carrer mode, then loading it there, then going back to your saved game can work but this isnt a long term fix, it takes time and it doesnt even last. i also wanted this game to be good but it seems they cant fix this texture issue...... i have ZooTycoon2 and even those waaaaaaaay outdates textures are better =/
Frontier, please tell us if this is an issue you plan on doing something about
I fully agree with you. In comparason with Zoo Tycoon 2, the amount of improvements since 2004 are a bit of a disappointment.
PZ can't handle more then 20 habitats (ZT2 started lagging after 50 or so). Also the zoo keepers of ZT2 worked way better! Also animals where way less picky.
And mostly the lack of an option of user-made content is the biggest misser. I do know money bla bla bla (see DLC after 1 month), but this option made ZT2 a legend.
The only real improvement I see is the option of the climbing materials and so.

Hello all if anyone is having this issue post your contribution to the report I made. Hopefully frontier can confirm if this is something they are looking into.

i have contributed, thanks! hopefully they see it, if you post screenshots that would also be helpful, or upload the photos in this thread to your report

Top Bottom