Notice Bonus Federation Rank! (5 - 16 December)

I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack, but when you state "STOCK UP ON" do you mean purchase? And if so, I'm to what, donate them at the various stations".
I've read a few post of cmdrs helping damaged station's and would join in, but I'm just not getting the go here, stock up, bring to thing.

Yes stock up on means purchase.

For example,
1. Purchase Ceramic Composites from Gernback Refinery in Nebthet
2. Travel to damaged station Baird Dock in HIP 24046
3. Look in mission board for Federation faction mission that says “Source 10 Ceramic Composites”.
4. Accept mission.
5. Select Complete Mission in the mission board and they will take 10 Ceramic Composites and offer you a choice of rewards.
6. Take Reward with most REP+++

Edit: Worth noting that selling the item in the commodity market will help repair the station, but won’t give you superpower rank as far as I know. If you want superpower rank it must be a completing a mission.

Last edited:
It was nice to log-in after 3 months, grab a new 'Vette for 101 mil. and sell the old one.
But... after transferring all modules, rebuy dropped for only cca 3 million, from 22 to 19 (rounded) :cautious:

Guess the in-game math is fine, just don't expect financial miracles. (As someone said on twitter, "huge savings in rebuy". Not quite.)

It was nice to log-in after 3 months, grab a new 'Vette for 101 mil. and sell the old one.
But... after transferring all modules, rebuy dropped for only cca 3 million, from 22 to 19 (rounded) :cautious:

Guess the in-game math is fine, just don't expect financial miracles. (As someone said on twitter, "huge savings in rebuy". Not quite.)
Had you outfitted it in LYR space the buy/rebuy should have dropped also, as it stands you are putting 'full price' modules back into a 'cheaper' hull, still, 3mill is 3 mill :)

Had you outfitted it in LYR space the buy/rebuy should have dropped also, as it stands you are putting 'full price' modules back into a 'cheaper' hull, still, 3mill is 3 mill :)

Most expensive things already were bought at discounts earlier (or this 22 would be even higher, lol), so just tried to point out the obvious, that much cheaper, discounted hull gives slightly cheaper overall rebuy.
Again, for those who are hoping for "huge" drops.

"still, 3mill is 3 mill" <== THIS ;) (y)

Most expensive things already were bought at discounts earlier (or this 22 would be even higher, lol), so just tried to point out the obvious, that much cheaper, discounted hull gives slightly cheaper overall rebuy.
Again, for those who are hoping for "huge" drops.

"still, 3mill is 3 mill" <== THIS ;) (y)
My BH/CZ Corvette has a 40 mill+ rebuy, most being fitted out from SD though. (It's the Reactive Surface Composites & Prismatics o_O ) It could be over 50 mill if bought at 'cost', scary!

My BH/CZ Corvette has a 40 mill+ rebuy, most being fitted out from SD though. (It's the Reactive Surface Composites & Prismatics o_O ) It could be over 50 mill if bought at 'cost', scary!
Every grind reducing step in this game is commendable and should be taken advantage of :) I think I will buy two of these babies just to have it differently specc'd... :cool:

I also remember the time when 5mil/h was considered a really good payout... And we will be back there soon with the VOpal nerf. Better stack up on credits... And since I will be doing grinding anyway ;-)

Last edited:
Every grind reducing step in this game is commendable and should be taken advantage of :) I think I will buy two of these babies just to have it differently specc'd... :cool:

I also remember the time when 5mil/h was considered a really good payout... And we will be back there soon with the VOpal nerf. Better stock up on credits... And since I will be doing grinding anyway ;-)
I did buy a second ;)... I now have the 'fighting' one and an armed trader... Had to take the second out core mining as I'd spent so much I only had a couple of rebuys left!

Don't grind too hard, Canopus has a 'good' Fed Rank 'grind' status as everything goes to the next system, likewise return trips, easy to stack data (and with a big cargo ship) and cargo missions - only drawback is the 47KLs distance to Canopus' starport, But you do get to be interdicted by lots of Anacondas :)

Hope you do get there!

Well I'm must be an old fart .... Thanks Frontier all that time I spent on ranking up triple elite etc .
I'm actually disappointed .
Trade elite is a nothing not the year of playing ( a few hours mining )
Exploration elite is a nothing as it took me a year ( you don't even have to leave the bubble )
Combat is the only one that you have to work at.
Now Fed rank what next imperial ??
There was a time when you worked at these things ( no grind) and getting it was an achievment .
When we had the thargoids we got a discount on fed ships which is ok
Now two minutes in and you can have elite and corvette ??
Is it just me ???

Last edited:
Thx :) If I don't do this while they offer 2x XP I might as well not do it, as I still have sweaty nightmares from the Cutter grind... Boy did a lot of imperial clerks' palm greasing to get to the Duke rank :D

Spent the whole morning in Canopus.... no missions. Allied of course.... Strange. Running data, and goodies back and forth... still no missions.

Spent the whole morning in Canopus.... no missions. Allied of course.... Strange. Running data, and goodies back and forth... still no missions.
That is odd! I spent a few days there a couple of weeks ago and was normally leaving Canopus with a full hold and 'spares' stacked for my return. The 2 other stations were variable but not normally useless. I didn't take note of the 'state' but with the amount of Fed work done there I'd hope it was fairly stable.
Are you not being offered cargo missions - which generate some very nice 'chained' ones?

IDK, I was operating in Ochosi and running missions within ~30Ly, no problems. I couldn't be picky though, and needed to pick up everything available (that means including running missions to two stations not far from the star in one system). Not taking planetary and >10kLs destinations, and I am nearly done over a couple of hours of the weekend. Thank FDgod for the x2 XP.

Probably what you're seeing (or rather not seeing) is a BGS thing, check system state... Or haul your boat over here.

Sothis -> Ceos...Rinse and repeat, you can do 14 - 15 missions at a time, Federal mission at the end of each rank. Simple, oh and take something with at least 250 cargo. I actually did it all in a Type 7. Two days.

I get a kick out of everyone who is working like a dog to get to Rear Admiral, even if they don't want to purchase the Corvette, stating perhaps they will at a latter date. And upon finishing the trip, coming to a complete stop.

One should ask themselves, WHY; Why after all these years, why now did Fdev deliberately come up with this process of getting everyone and anyone whom wishs. A considerably faster grind to Admiralty. Though most will take this deliberate process of unknowing reasoning and stop at Rear Admiral. Perhaps, stopping at Rear Admiral isn't such a good idea. Perhaps after all these years of Admiralty not have any credence, thus making the arduous journey from Rear Admiral to Admiral a pretty much waste of time except to those that dared to go the additional distance and managed to finish it. Perhaps I'm correct, and one of the steps of obtaining a carrier is one must be an Admiral.

I get a kick out of everyone who is working like a dog to get to Rear Admiral, even if they don't want to purchase the Corvette, stating perhaps they will at a latter date. And upon finishing the trip, coming to a complete stop.

One should ask themselves, WHY; Why after all these years, why now did Fdev deliberately come up with this process of getting everyone and anyone whom wishs. A considerably faster grind to Admiralty. Though most will take this deliberate process of unknowing reasoning and stop at Rear Admiral. Perhaps, stopping at Rear Admiral isn't such a good idea. Perhaps after all these years of Admiralty not have any credence, thus making the arduous journey from Rear Admiral to Admiral a pretty much waste of time except to those that dared to go the additional distance and managed to finish it. Perhaps I'm correct, and one of the steps of obtaining a carrier is one must be an Admiral.
It does beggar the question "Why?"...

Perhaps more permits are going to be issued 'soon' to the more 'interesting' locked systems - it would be even more curious should Imp rank receive the same 'double inf+' incentive...

I guess we have to sit on our hands and wait with bated breath :)

Top Bottom