Bookmarks being lumped into the systems category?

This one is like a crotch-mounted steering wheel: driving me nuts.

Bookmarking a settlement, station, or planet in Odyssey, most of the time the bookmark is just assigned to the “systems” category. Which is annoying in and of itself, but what’s REALLY ticking me off is that using those bookmarks only directs me to the system, and not to the actual place I’ve bookmarked.

Tried the “edit bookmarks” function, but all I can seemingly do in there is rename them and not recategorize them, or am I missing something?

For example... here's my systems bookmarks. Absolutely none of these are actually systems but a mix of my Fleet Carrier, various engineer bases (both Odyssey and Horizons) and stations.
bookmarks_upload.jpg

Interesting. That does not seem to be the behavior for me. If I bookmark a settlement, it goes in the settlement bookmarks. Same with all of the other categories. They behave as expected.

Yes, I found that out too a while ago (can't remember which update, probably 7 or 8). Long story short, if I create a bookmark any other way than in the system map itself (with the confirmation dialog and all), it'll get lumped into Systems. For instance, bookmarking something through the Target Panel will not work properly anymore.

Bookmarking a settlement, station, or planet in Odyssey, most of the time the bookmark is just assigned to the “systems” category. Which is annoying in and of itself, but what’s REALLY ticking me off is that using those bookmarks only directs me to the system, and not to the actual place I’ve bookmarked.

Tried the “edit bookmarks” function, but all I can seemingly do in there is rename them and not recategorize them, or am I missing something?

Yea, one of those bugs that were fixed in one of the earlier Updates then it came back in... U6 or U7?

Yes, I found that out too a while ago (can't remember which update, probably 7 or 8). Long story short, if I create a bookmark any other way than in the system map itself (with the confirmation dialog and all), it'll get lumped into Systems. For instance, bookmarking something through the Target Panel will not work properly anymore.
See, I've done that too - go into the system map, find the planet the settlement is on, zoom into the planet, find the settlement itself, add bookmark. Nope, gets lumped into systems. OCCASIONALLY it does work though, which is what's baffling me.

(Also, in case CMs are paying attention - be nice if we could actually add our OWN categories for bookmarks, like ones for specific engineers, material sites, etc.)

See, I've done that too - go into the system map, find the planet the settlement is on, zoom into the planet, find the settlement itself, add bookmark. Nope, gets lumped into systems. OCCASIONALLY it does work though, which is what's baffling me.

(Also, in case CMs are paying attention - be nice if we could actually add our OWN categories for bookmarks, like ones for specific engineers, material sites, etc.)
For best results I just do it from the cockpit of my own ship. I'm not sure if it's on-foot, Apex or both, but it feels like the inconsistency lies there.

And for a CM response of two hours or less, you should put "fast money bug" in the title.

It's a long-standing / recurring bug that has persisted through a number of odyssey patches, with the usual collection of expired issues in the tracker. This is the latest / most active, if anybody wants to add their confirmation.

I've had all sorts of issues with the Bookmarks, like the one you mentioned, such that I gave up on them a while back, hoping that they'd get fixed. All the Bookmarks that got imported from Horizons worked fine but any I created in Odyssey just got categorised incorrectly when I created them. It was so blatantly broken that I just figured they'd fix it and I didn't report it, like I normally do. I see I was wrong. I'll have to check it out again and add to the issue. Thanks for the reminder.

The trick I figured out to bookmark a settlement and get it proper into the settlements bookmark area is:

1) Click in system map the planet view. Mark settlement with a click.
2) Now click the FOCUS button at the right side. May be click twice or more.
You should notice, that the planet move a bit and the settlement is exactly in the center of the screen.
3) Now click the bookmark button.
4) Click the bookmark button at left above for the local bookmarks and check if the settlement show up at settlements.
If not, click on bookmark sign to the right and delete the bookmark.
Then repeat steps 1 to 4 above until step 4 is OK.

Top Bottom