bots in conflict zones?

Yesterday something very strange happened to me in a conflict zone, I found a cutter in one of them that didn't seem to be piloted by anyone, it was just shooting at random enemies.

I was able to shoot at it without any problems until the shield went down to a line. At that point it tried to jump by moving in a straight line and not doing anything else.

Can someone from frontier take a look at my game data from yesterday.

Best regards

I tried to use the in-game reporting system but it took me to my list of commanders but I couldn't report the commander I was looking at in the cz.

The issue tracker is created in a very strange way and I'm having a hard time finding how to put a ticket.

So it was a hollow triangle? Did you get any screenshots?

Having seen the way some people fly, "I just sat there in a turretboat set to fire at will then flew away in a straight line when my shields got low" doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a pilot behind the controls.

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
If you are sure it was an account rather than an NPC, there really should be a contact in your history tab (the one in the contacts panel with a clock on). I've rarely seen NPCs show as a hollow symbol before

AFK Turretboats are supposed to be quite common, but are not necessarily automated accounts. If you do have a contact from the correct time frame you can report it.

I'm not going to report in game, frontier has made the process too tedious to make them ingame. So there will be no names here. I know what I saw, it wasn't an npc, it was a player, and the impression it gave was of a bot.

If frontier is interested in seeing if bot use is happening, they have it easy just check my game from that day and see what I saw.

I'm not entirely sure how effective a bot would be in a new CZ from what you describe.

The ships weapons would be too weak to kill ships randomly alone, and would need to 'tag' kills (and rely on NPC help).

New CZs have an 'end' and can go against you (so there is a chance of a 'fail' state).

New CZs have difficulties- a bot would have to be in a low to survive with no other support, med and high objectives being impossible for them (and more failed objectives).

Only relogging over and over into a live CZ for bonds would be achievable and practical- but even then see point #1 above. Relogging also resets the win / lose objective.

You also need to pick sides manually.

AFK turrets work because of several overlapping problems in Powrplay- old school infinite spawns, weak enemies, engineering (heal beams, ship shields) and PG.

Top Bottom