Hi,
in these days I'm playing as a bounty hunter. It happened, 3 or 4 times, to hit "not wanted" ships by mistake and to gain a bounty. A clearly low bounty of 200 cr. At this point I became wanted and I had to fly to the nearest Interstellar Factor to have my bounty cleared. But to do that I had to break my bounty session.
I agree on receiving a bounty, but I find excessive to become wanted and immediately being hunted for a such ridiculous amount.
For these reasons, I propose to introduce a "bounty threshold", as example 1000 cr, in order to better manage "accidental bounties". Below this threshold the player is not hunted by npcs and he will be able to calmly erase his bouinties once ended the bounty hunting session in the usual way.

Hi,
in these days I'm playing as a bounty hunter. It happened, 3 or 4 times, to hit "not wanted" ships by mistake and to gain a bounty. A clearly low bounty of 200 cr. At this point I became wanted and I had to fly to the nearest Interstellar Factor to have my bounty cleared. But to do that I had to break my bounty session.
I agree on receiving a bounty, but I find excessive to become wanted and immediately being hunted for a such ridiculous amount.
For these reasons, I propose to introduce a "bounty threshold", as example 1000 cr, in order to better manage "accidental bounties". Below this threshold the player is not hunted by npcs and he will be able to calmly erase his bouinties once ended the bounty hunting session in the usual way.

You need to think about how this would affect the not-so-lawful player. Under your proposal, I could pilfer my weaselly black guts out with no consequence...

Interdiction: 200cr fine
Hatchbreaker / Assault: 300-400cr bounty
Total: 500-600cr bounty

Yes, it is true, but only for the first time. If you are a not-so-lawful player probably your criminal story won't end with the first theft.
Where the purpose of the bounty is to punish criminals, introducing a threshold allows to distinguish between a true criminal and a simple mistake.
This is inline with reality, where it is not so common to shoot someone for having stolen an apple

Yes, it is true, but only for the first time. If you are a not-so-lawful player probably your criminal story won't end with the first theft.
Where the purpose of the bounty is to punish criminals, introducing a threshold allows to distinguish between a true criminal and a simple mistake.
This is inline with reality, where it is not so common to shoot someone for having stolen an apple

Ah but try winging a policeman but accident and see what happens :D

Once I've made a heist, I will usually return to base to sell the booty and stock up on limpets. Under you proposal, once docked I would be able to pay off the 500cr and continue robbing, repeating the process, for as long as I want \o/

And reality as we know it, as far as crime and punishment is concerned, has no bearing on a dystopian galaxy 1200 years into the future :D

From what I've read, the threshold for friendly fire is going to be increased, so don't worry too much about it.

What do you do now? You make and heist, then you get away in order to sell the loot. Probably you pay your bounty, since for such a guild you will have a notoriety to zero.
The only difference is that in the case of a threshold you will not be fired for a 600 cr bounty. But you would where you make a second heist.

There is a difference for a bounty hunter, since for a 200 bounty he needs to break away from the hunt and to join an Interstellar Factor.

Ah but try winging a policeman but accident and see what happens :D

I winged a System Security Anaconda in a Resource Site once, only got a verbal warning :D

You need to think about how this would affect the not-so-lawful player. Under your proposal, I could pilfer my weaselly black guts out with no consequence...

Interdiction: 200cr fine
Hatchbreaker / Assault: 300-400cr bounty
Total: 500-600cr bounty

Once I've made a heist, I will usually return to base to sell the booty and stock up on limpets. Under you proposal, once docked I would be able to pay off the 500cr and continue robbing, repeating the process, for as long as I want \o/

And reality as we know it, as far as crime and punishment is concerned, has no bearing on a dystopian galaxy 1200 years into the future :D

From what I've read, the threshold for friendly fire is going to be increased, so don't worry too much about it.

Well the simple solution there is to add a few zeros to the fines:

Interdiction: 200,000cr fine
Hatchbreaker / Assault: 3,000,000-4,000,000cr bounty
Total: 3,200,000-4,200,000cr bounty

Sounds fair to me :p

I winged a System Security Anaconda in a Resource Site once, only got a verbal warning :D

Well the simple solution there is to add a few zeros to the fines:

Interdiction: 200,000cr fine
Hatchbreaker / Assault: 3,000,000-4,000,000cr bounty
Total: 3,200,000-4,200,000cr bounty

Sounds fair to me :p

Sure!

Let's make explorers randomly explode while we're at it!

Top Bottom