Breaking the game & Cheats!

I think my fondest memory of any rct game was setting my lift-chain speed to 500mph making 50 loops before i rocket launch my guests up in the air (and hopefully have 1 land on a 1x2 block of water).
Seriously, I spent hours doing things like this to my guests after I beat the game and sure its not 'immersive' but its soooooo much fun.

Obviously this is not one of the priorities but along with customization I believe it adds a lot to my replay value of any game.

My most used cheats where unlimited lift-chain & launch speed, unlimited track height, and all ride irresistible to peeps (made them ride my crazy contraptions).
Here is a list of cheats available in RCT3

ResultName
Increase money by $10,000 [Note]John D Rockefeller
Increase park value; on first career mission will
double the value rating of your park [Note]
Andrew Gillett
All rides irresistible to peepsJon Roach
All coasters irresistible to peepsSam Denney
All rides and coasters to never break downFrontier
All guests get sickMake Me Sick
All guests ride every coaster before leavingSam Denney
All peeps laughAtari
Peep jumps for joyChris Sawyer
Peeps danceShifty
Get the buggy to actually ride through the parkJames Hunt
Removes height restrictions for building coastersJohn Wardley
Infinite launch and chain lift speeds [Note]David Braben
Decrease track friction; can help when importing
some RCT 1 or 2 coasters [Note]
Andrew Thomas
New guests not allowed to enter, current guests
may leave if desired [Note]
Ghost Town
Guests stand around looking down at the ground [Note]Mouse
"Flying Camera" routes editor [Note]D Lean
Peep cam; see through eyes of guestJonny Watts
Unlock advanced fireworks editorGuido Fawkes
Everyone moves fast for 20 seconds, but game
speed is normal
ATITech
Big explosionAtomic
Peeps take photos [Note]PhotoStory
Lots of ducks appear [Note]A Hitchcock
Display frame rate [Note]FPS

Read more: http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/rollerct3.html#ixzz3qBSl5AVS
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives

In RCT1 I always enjoyed giving my guests the special/cheat names and then turning the information on for that guest and following them around. I mainly used the name Melanie Warn which filled the guests happiness bar to the top.

But I'd have no problem with cheats such as more money etc. If you don't' like them simply don't use them.

M Brookes is a cheat I use in every park. It allows you to place walls and fences facing into a path, as opposed to only facing away, meaning you can put a hedge on the other side. I couldn't actually play the game the way I wanted without it.

In RCT1 I always enjoyed giving my guests the special/cheat names and then turning the information on for that guest and following them around. I mainly used the name Melanie Warn which filled the guests happiness bar to the top.

But I'd have no problem with cheats such as more money etc. If you don't' like them simply don't use them.

Ah I remember having to use some cheats to place some items where they usually didnt belong. It would be marked red and wouldn't let me place it, until I applied a cheat to do it at my hearts content (even if it didnt fully work :p). I do think having cheats is a valuable asset because sure the game might not function the intended way, but those who use cheats expect that and use it because they want to accomplish something the developers never thought was possible.

So... what about making some possible suggestions for cheats in PC... Let me write down some of them, inspired by real-life people and brands...

Walter Bolliger / Claude Mabillard -- Decreases track friction, allowing for smoother rides
Intamin -- Removes the launch speed limit for coasters
Werner Stengel -- Increases the Excitement rate for coasters
International Monetary Fund -- Gives $100,000
Philip J Fry -- Guests ignore ride prices (a reference to the "Shut up and take my money" phrase)
David Letterman -- Advertising boost for the park, aka more guests

More to be coming!

I remember Mr Bean for the super slow Gocart player and then Michael Schumacher for the fast one! [yesnod]

Also Mornington Crescent I think it has something with fences to do. I thought it was a fancy name, well.. Then after some years I went to London and on the tube I saw a stop named that!

EDIT: this was for RCT1 and/or RCT2.

Last edited:
Creating a Group of Guests with all the different ways to spell, John D Rockefeller, so the moment they entered, WHAM! Money! Then another group of Guest with some names given from O.P. Lists. I could tell every time they entered, as the guests would Speed up for 30 seconds and my Money would double.

I could never get Cheat names to work in 1 & 2 tho. But 8Car Cheat Trainer is Highly used for 2. I did manage to get the one that makes guest happy BUT it only worked on one guest and not all like everyone who posted it said it would.

No, I´m against cheating. Maybe for years after having released the game but please not at the beginning [haha]

Can't tell if you're serious or not.

If you are, again, this is another case of "I don't want this optional feature, so don't put it in the game, regardless of whether or not other people want it."

Please, everyone, stop having this attitude that optional features should only be applied if you like them.

Sorry Angelis and RandyChimp you´re right, if I´m against cheating this shouldn´t necessarly mean that this feature shouldn´t be in the game. It´s to me no using the cheats while playing the scneario mode, I want to beat the developers by succeeding the campaign mode without cheating :)

Have a good day guys [noob]

Sorry Angelis and RandyChimp you´re right, if I´m against cheating this shouldn´t necessarly mean that this feature shouldn´t be in the game. It´s to me no using the cheats while playing the scneario mode, I want to beat the developers by succeeding the campaign mode without cheating :)

Beat them with the Cheats first, then go back and play/clear them without using them. This way you know what to expect and have an Idea of where to place rides. This is the way I do it.

Agree with you Palfro, i don't like cheating but no problem to include this feature but if you want cheat just go to sandbox mode! [cool] [big grin]

I think for the scenarios there should be no cheats.... Go to sandbox if you want to have total free control.

But of course that's me. :) If there are cheats added I will just try to stay away from them. ;D

Top Bottom