Notice Bridging the Gap - Community Goal Feedback

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Two things to touch on here ;-

As far as the Bridging the gap thing in concerned, personally, I would have preferred it if ;-
  1. There had been missions available for the factions in game which could have contributed the outcome of both of the CGs.
  2. When the war was declared, a scenario in around the installation where you had to defend/ attack the science facility where the combat bonds would contribute towards the conflict CG.
  3. In the conflict CG, you could only sign up for one of the factions. It's always bothered me that you could play for both sides against each other.
  4. Something a bit more hand's on like a live event run by FDev staff.
I like the fact there that there has been a mini-narrative behind the Interstellar Initiative and, as a first one, it's been OK. I've know learning how to run these events is going to be a learning process, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

As far as Open is concerned, I've found that the vast majority of the time, and I mean about 98% of the time, the people I've met in open have been helpful, polite and want to either wing or crew up but you normally don't hear about that on the forums or reddit. You'll hear about the 2% of the time where people are seal-clubed or ganked, which gives the impression that Open mode is normally a virtual blood bath. So people run to pvt or solo to avoid it, which is a shame because winging up and to a lesser extent multi-crewing is one of the more fun parts of the game.

Yes, you have to be aware that there is a chance of ganking in open and you should build your ship to take account of it. That Min/Max Cargo trader or that unarmed explorer vessel is not going to do you much good. I've always felt that the PVE game is too easy for players to Min/Max their ships, thus when they take that ship around open and some 'Ner Do Well' player decides that you look like an easy target, it might as well be re-buy time.

Overall I quite liked the first II as it adds a base in the Guardian locale, I do think some area's could be improved

1. If we need to vote on a location that shouldn't take a week, start the vote on a Monday implement the chosen location on the Thursday

2. If there's going to be new stations involved use a CG (trade/mining/combat) to determine the station size and level of facilities available

3. The first II could have included an exploration CG to find new Guardian structures/ruins in the area

4. The class and type (fixed/gimballed etc) of weapon(s) offered could be determined by the tiers achieved in one or all of the CGs in the II

Overall I quite liked the first II as it adds a base in the Guardian locale, I do think some area's could be improved

4. The class and type (fixed/gimballed etc) of weapon(s) offered could be determined by the tiers achieved in one or all of the CGs in the II
Very much 4!!

1. If we need to vote on a location that shouldn't take a week, start the vote on a Monday implement the chosen location on the Thursday

2. If there's going to be new stations involved use a CG (trade/mining/combat) to determine the station size and level of facilities available

3. The first II could have included an exploration CG to find new Guardian structures/ruins in the area

1. Yes until they get in game voting sorted, then a rethink.
  2. Agreed.
  3. Disagree because the existing exploration CG mechanic is too amorphous and having people actually discover new stuff would mean Canonn et al complete the CG within minutes assuming no issues with Galnet.
  4. This could work as long as it isn’t over used like it was for the Ax weapons locations, if the good stuff is only available after a high tier it might encourage more participants.

Question: Why is there an Interstellar Initiatives forum channel...but no threads in it?

Also...is that it? Two CGs with a couple of GalNet articles? I mean...yay, I guess, for new weapons that I probably won't use. I won't complain about new modules - I just figured the point of the initiative concept was to liven up the game a little and do something other than community goals.

This was just the usual community goal structure - two in one week, one combat and one trade - spread across two weeks and now separated.

We added a ferry system that few will use. Ok, I like this I suppose. I can think of a lot of places a ferry would be handy for my very low-range combat ships. We also added a way to pillage guardian artifacts as opposed to driving the SRV around. Not my cup of tea, but options for playstyle are rarely a bad choice. Not very many folks rely on these artifacts anymore...a little late in coming, but I guess the wave of new players in 2020 will appreciate this.

I'm not going to say it was pointless - but gosh darn if it doesn't seem very lazy in design and completely lacking in creativity.

Question: Why is there an Interstellar Initiatives forum channel...but no threads in it?

Also...is that it? Two CGs with a couple of GalNet articles? I mean...yay, I guess, for new weapons that I probably won't use. I won't complain about new modules - I just figured the point of the initiative concept was to liven up the game a little and do something other than community goals.

This was just the usual community goal structure - two in one week, one combat and one trade - spread across two weeks and now separated.

We added a ferry system that few will use. Ok, I like this I suppose. I can think of a lot of places a ferry would be handy for my very low-range combat ships. We also added a way to pillage guardian artifacts as opposed to driving the SRV around. Not my cup of tea, but options for playstyle are rarely a bad choice. Not very many folks rely on these artifacts anymore...a little late in coming, but I guess the wave of new players in 2020 will appreciate this.

I'm not going to say it was pointless - but gosh darn if it doesn't seem very lazy in design and completely lacking in creativity.
There are no general threads in that forum all the activity was in the Bridging the Gap sub forum that is in there.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom