Bridging the Gap - Conclusion

Will Flanagan

Community Manager
Frontier

Bridging the Gap has concluded, with conflicts in the region now subsiding as the victor, Zende Partners, takes back control of the system and the Guardian commodities within. As part of Zende Partner's pledge to develop a new weapons module, they have finished developing the Advanced Multi-cannon, which is now available in outfitting at The Prospect.

Zende Partners Claim Victory

The conflict in the Synuefe EN-H d11-96 system has ended with Zende Partners resisting an expansion attempt from Segnen Exchange.
Zende Partners CEO Freya Taine made the following declaration:
“With the support of the galactic community, my company has withstood the violent raids instigated by our rivals. Zende Partners will manage both outposts in the system, and the megaship transport service will continue operating on a weekly basis from Zende.”
“I am also proud to announce that we have begun manufacture of our new Advanced Multi-cannon at The Prospect, using recently acquired Guardian materials.”
In a subdued response, Cedrik Stone stated the following:
“Segnen Exchange has decided to withdraw from Synuefe EN-H d11-96 and focus our resources on previously established operations. While this setback has interfered with our research and development schedule, we will learn from this experience and continue to grow as a company.”
Pilots who participated in the conflict can now collect rewards from the Synuefe EN-H d11-96 system. Supporters of Zende Partners must journey to The Prospect, while supporters of Segnen Exchange should visit Indigo Dock.

The Advanced Multi-cannon
  • This new version of the standard Multi-Cannon allows Commanders can use synthesised ammo, allowing one to focus damage against Xeno targets.
    • To craft this ammo, you need the following:
      • Basic - 2 Iron, 1 Nickel, 2 Sulphur
      • Standard/AX - 2 Tin, 3 Zinc, 2 Phosphorous, 1 Guardian Power Cell, 1 Guardian Power Conduit, 1 Guardian Tech Component
  • The Advanced Multi-cannon does not take up an experimental weapon slot, allowing it to be used alongside AX weaponry.
  • The Advanced Multi-cannon comes in small and medium variants.
  • The Advanced Multi-cannon is a fixed weapon.
  • It can be engineered.
  • It can be purchased directly from station Outfitting, no Guardian Weapons Blueprint required!
    • You can only purchase it from stations that offer all modules, or from stations controlled by Zende Partners.
What's next for Zende?

Zende Partners will continue their operations in the system of Synuefe EN-H d11-96, with their megaship ferries (The Conduit and Sadler's Song) jumping between the system and Zende every weekly server tick (Thursdays at 06:00 UTC).

Commanders in the area will also continue to encounter various USSs, allowing them to gather Guardian Materials and Commodities by salvaging or pirating, as opposed to gathering goods from the ground.

We would like to extend a big thank you to all those who took part in our first Interstellar Initiative! We appreciate that there were elements of this first Interstellar Initiative that you felt could have been improved upon, so we've taken on your feedback and incorporated it, where we can, for future events and activities!

The next Interstellar Initiative, The Enclave, will commence in July and we'll reveal more details of what Commanders can expect from it in the next few weeks. We'll also be running several Player-submitted Community Goals for independent Commanders to get involved with!

See you in the black, Commanders.

Last edited:
Question!
The Adv. Multi can be engineered, yes?
Great!
But!
If I put corrosive shell on my Adv. Multi and then synthesis the AX ammo, will I then be able to hit corrosive on the thargoids?

I am starting to getting used to this fourm game format.

Congrualtions to the Zende supporters. I hope Sengen will develop theire missile in the near future. Maybe at this point of time when Zende manages to build bigger MC's and/or gimballs. :D

Last edited:
Will the player CGs be run weekly, or what is the new schedule going to be?

All in all, my feedback that this was all a good idea that was let down by consistently disappointing execution. I hope lessons were learned from all the issues, and the next one will incorporate what was learned and be better.
If we'll be getting regular player CGs though, at the old pace, then that should be something to look forward to, and worth ditching the earlier weekly CGs for.

Also, it's good that the ADV multi-cannons don't need to be unlocked. I don't think I'll ever use them, but at least I could pick them up without needing to grind more stuff. It's really too bad though that I'd need to grind to use them for their intended purpose. I hope that someday, we'll have an AX damage experimental effect instead.

However, it appears they use the exact same model as regular MCs do, which says "minimal effort" to me. Oh well, at least no dev work was lost on the missiles we'll now never be getting.

The next Interstellar Initiative, The Enclave, will commence in July and we'll reveal more details of what Commanders can expect from it in the next few weeks. We'll also be running several Player-submitted Community Goals for independent Commanders to get involved with!
See you in the black, Commanders.
I'm sorry to say so but THIS interstellar initiative has been a joke and very upsetting.
It took 1 month to have a typical collect commodities CG and a typical Defend/Attack Traders CG.
No new game mechanics, no new plot, no new activity to perform with other players and a big waste of time because we only had 2 CG in 1 month.
And now we have to wait 1 month to get another one?

Will I hope this one was so bad because it's just the first one and FDEV still needs to tune/fix their systems because if they're all like this, sorry but there's nothing to see here...

Top Bottom