Bridging the Gap - Conclusion

Phase 1
Given that the nominated systems included 4 with a fighter module I voted for the last one. In hindsight it is good that this site didn't win as the ruin is on top of a mountain with not landable place nearby (at least for a Dolphin). Given that you need a maximum of 3 fighter modules and you need to visit another site first I would have hoped for a easily landable weapon or module site.

Phase 2
How they researched the weapon from Guardian items and not technology I am not sure, I guess there is more encrypted on these things than I can see.
Unlocking a tech broker was OK. There are some things you can unlock without doing a shopping tour and for those who try to reduce the use of information outside of the game they can instantly check what they need to unlock the other technology.

Phase 3
These were heavily loaded against Segnen Exchange, their station was farther away (though not that far), they were Imperial against Independent and they came as thieves. The debate of fixed MC against dumb rocket was unimportant for me.

Phase 4
What I am missing each time after a combat CG is transport and passenger missions for the coming and leaving parties. Especially in this case where Segnen Exchange withdraws 100% of their presense.

What I hope to see in the future in Synuefe EN-H d11-96
  • The system gets a proper name.
  • Zende Partners improves their technology, leading to bigger guns (size 3 and 4) and gimbaled and turreted versions.
  • Zende Partners scales up their presense in the system, building a research settlement near the Guardian site (with a large landing pad) and/or a large station (with a large landing pad).
  • A Guardian Tech Trader (thank you, zipline)

Last edited:
No you don't have to do 800Ly you only have to do <280Ly for guardian grind now. you can forget the 800ly figure... those who need to get guardian mats to solo with gauss cannon reload and syn for bigger thargoids also only need <280Ly not <800Ly... when there gauss cannons and guardian mats are also empty...
The II changed the requirement down to only <280ly... not 800ly... The II did reduce this number greatly for those who solo bigger thargoids...
It now takes you 7 days to get out there, not 20 minutes. You can forget the 20 minutes figure. If you need to restock your AMC ammo it takes you 7 days, not 20 minutes. The II did increase this number greatly.

Scnr, but you're trying too hard to sell how convenient the ferry is.

zende built more than just the ferry ships and installation they built the half way system....
Wregoe xq-l c2-c29... this is were the materials were farmed before the mega ferrys even jumped... thats were people farmed guardian mats with cutters/T9 because it was way nearer with collectors... thats were "seekers rest" still is...
If the USS have been turned off ... that is not as fdev stated...
Commanders in the area will also continue to encounter various USSs, allowing them to gather Guardian Materials and Commodities by salvaging or pirating, as opposed to gathering goods from the ground.

Last edited:
What I am missing each time after a combat CG is transport and passenger missions for the coming and leaving parties. Especially in this case where Segnen Exchange withdraws 100% of their presense.
This is actually a pretty good idea, and I'm sure it's not difficult to implement.

Certainly better than waiting until next month having no CG at all.

It now takes you 7 days to get out there, not 20 minutes. You can forget the 20 minutes figure. If you need to restock your AMC ammo it takes you 7 days, not 20 minutes. The II did increase this number greatly.

Scnr, but you're trying too hard to sell how convenient the ferry is.
7 days is the extreme outside limit, because the ships jump every week. Equally, if you time it right, you can log off overnight and be there the next day.

zende built more than just the ferry ships and installation they built the half way system....
Wregoe xq-l c2-c29... this is were the materials were farmed before the mega ferrys even jumped... thats were people farmed guardian mats with cutters/T9 because it was way nearer... thats were seekers rest still is...
How were people made aware of its existence? First time I heard about it although I don't really bother with GalNet these days, so if it was mentioned there then fair enough.

Even if that's the alternative, the grind is still required, all that's addressing is reducing the time to travel to the system in question.

7 days is the extreme outside limit, because the ships jump every week. Equally, if you time it right, you can log off overnight and be there the next day.
Yeah, but it's really not that great. It can be useful sometimes, but most of the time it won't. At the very least you still have to travel to Zende, which is I think about 300Lys out, might as well jump the remaining couple hundred Lys.

No, week is the minimum if you were to rely on the ferry only. Remember, you want to return back to bubble after the grind ...

I could understand such ferry to Colonia ... that would make much more sense.

EDIT: And you have to jump to the Thargoid infested system if you want to use it ... or Pleiades ... IIRC Pleiades <> Synuefe EN-H d11-96 is under 1000ly.

How were people made aware of its existence? First time I heard about it although I don't really bother with GalNet these days, so if it was mentioned there then fair enough.

Even if that's the alternative, the grind is still required, all that's addressing is reducing the time to travel to the system in question.
The email fdev spammed my junk mail box told me that this system was built up as part of the II...

The email fdev spammed my junk mail box told me that this system was built up as part of the II...
I must have those switched off. It's anyone's guess why they don't make use of GalNet for these sorts of things, or even better, reserve a section in the Codex for this type of information.

Who'd have thought that email and a web browser are still the best tools to find stuff out for the Commander in the year 3305...

What I hope to see in the future in Synuefe EN-H d11-96
  • The system gets a proper name.
  • Zende Partners improves their technology, leading to bigger guns (size 3 and 4) and gimbaled and turreted versions.
  • Zende Partners scales up their presense in the system, building a research settlement near the Guardian site (with a large landing pad) and/or a large station (with a large landing pad).
Agree with all of the above and would like to add a Guardian material trader to that wish list.

Wregoe xq-l c2-c29... this is were the materials were farmed before the mega ferrys even jumped... thats were people farmed guardian mats with cutters/T9 because it was way nearer with collectors... thats were "seekers rest" still is...
If the USS have been turned off ... that is not as fdev stated...
From the mail (same as this thread original message) I'd expect that USSs are only in Synuefe EN-H d11-96 ... with a little doubt about Zende system itself.
No mentions about Wregoe something system, you'd have to know about it from elsewhere.

Anyway, USSs in Synuefe EN-H d11-96 no longer drops guardian materials - at least the 'scavenge' method, I didn't tried attacking convoys.

I may have misunderstood but...
The guardian system system is >800Ly from the bubble, to gather mats from the USS's one doesn't need to take one's own 'Battlestar Galactica' as a small ship can gather as many mats as the biggest. It makes sense to go out in something like a DBX (mine jumps 65Ly with a SRV etc.) do a few hours of gathering before doing a dozen or so jumps back.
It is just a bit sad that the synthesis requirements are a bit harsh for AX and that only fixed peashooters were on offer.

The USS were enabled in the half way system... I got the video which I posted plenty of times...
Will duplicated the announcement of the half way system on forum as well... in the phases post not just the II email..
An Outpost at Wregoe XQ-L C21-29 (mid-way point between Zende and Synuefe EN-H d11-96)
This system allowed me easy collection of mats with cutter after confirming it the first time with smaller ship in the video..
but as you stated it seams they disabled USS now... (likely as it was to easy)
In the Wregoe XQ-L C21-29 system...

Last edited:
The USS were enabled in the half way system... I got the video which I posted plenty of times...
Will duplicated the announcement of the half way system on forum as well... in the phases post not just the II email..

This system allowed me easy collection of mats with cutter after confirming it the first time with smaller ship in the video..
but as you stated it seams they disabled USS now... (likely as it was to easy)
I tried it in Synuefe EN-H d11-96 system at Saturday, there were no Degraded Emissions [Threat 0] with Zende Partners faction. And any USS I dropped into had only human materials or (a lot of) cargo.
It might be a BGS thing as Zende Partners went into Expansion ...

I tried it in Synuefe EN-H d11-96 system at Saturday, there were no Degraded Emissions [Threat 0] with Zende Partners faction. And any USS I dropped into had only human materials or (a lot of) cargo.
It might be a BGS thing as Zende Partners went into Expansion ...
There are Degraded USS for Zende, but as you say they don't seem to have Guardian mats any more, which is annoying - that was one of the few outcomes of the II I thought might be useful to people.

If the lack of mats is BGS related then that is still bad news - as Zende is the only faction, and there is no-where they can expand to, they're likely to be in Boom quite a lot I think.

I guess I will wait until they make the recipe less silly (pretty confident they will considering how they handled the original module blueprints - though they never changed the silly obelisk data....)

Then I will have to hope that disabling the USS's is a bug, and the midway point one will also permanently contain them...

This is a lot of ifs, for just having two class 1 advanced multicannons on my AX gunship though.

Top Bottom