Bridging the Gap - Overview of Phases

Yay, the CG has begun. It looks like it's just commodities, not materials as I guessed.
So much for the original description of the Interstellar Initiative:

Phase 2 (16 May)
  • With Zende Partners’ assets in place, they seek the assistance of the galactic community to help them gather Guardian Commodities and Materials.
I'll turn up to try picking up commodities at a different Guardian Structure from the one I was at last week, but if I'm still afflicted by the relogging bug I'm out.

so....I'm in an Anaconda in Synuefe EN-H d11-96 with a hold full of gathered guardian artefacts.

Can I actually do anything in a large ship?

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
so....I'm in an Anaconda in Synuefe EN-H d11-96 with a hold full of gathered guardian artefacts.

Can I actually do anything in a large ship?
you will NEED A SMALL OR MEDIUM SHIP to participate in the CG.
There is a shipyard at New Growth in Pencil Sector EL-Y d5 (197.7 Ly, 1,131 Ls from main star, Asteroid Base, S/M/L pads) so you could transport a smaller ship there. :)

There is a shipyard at New Growth in Pencil Sector EL-Y d5 (197.7 Ly, 1,131 Ls from main star, Asteroid Base, S/M/L pads) so you could transport a smaller ship there. :)
I have my dBX parked there. I imported my Krait Phantom through that base. The travel distance is about 170 lyr to the Initiative. There are small fuel scoops available in outfitting - I didn't see anything larger than a 3 D at the time.

I'll turn up to try picking up commodities at a different Guardian Structure from the one I was at last week, but if I'm still afflicted by the relogging bug I'm out.
Managed a successful logout at the Guardian Structure local to the CG, so that's a plus.

It's the begining of phase 2, so what ? I have to go to the systems by myself, where are the megaship, why are they static ? Can't they move in fsd ? Can someone explain pls...

So the options are collect commodeties 2 at a time in the SRV and risk the logging bug or do some pirating and risk fines, bounties or being killed costing you in some cases a small fortune. The obvious choice just for time and quantity alone is pirating, despite being trip elite I hate combat yet we always seem to be pushed down that road. I'm done with this II and won't be getting involved, been great for materials tho

So phase one was just looking at what's about to happen and phase two is when we actually can do things now ??? I'm new to elite and I'm curious about helping out ! Just making sure I didn't miss anything !

@Will...

Regarding Phase 3 of the initiative, I implore FD to address some game-breaking issues the CG will encounter if left idle....

Do not run this like conflict-CGs of old, that is, with a series of progress tiers/reward levels and visible progress of each side.

Historically, the outcome of conflict zone CGs have been decided on literally day 1, because people observe which side is winning, even by the smallest of margins (or probably more correctly, who hits Tier 1 rewards first) and then flood to that side. Further, Conflict Zone CGs have been decided based on total bonds handed in. Day-to-day, this does not reset, and the leading side on Day 1 will continue to have that advantage.

You have a perfectly-functioning war mechanic in the BGS already, and must force two sides to go to conflict under BGS conditions anyway, so use that. The advantages are:
  • Results are decided and progress reset day-to-day, giving the opposing side a real chance to recover after a "bad day 1"
  • It's more reflective of real war contributions; that is, clearing conflict zones and resolving scenarios, not just handing in bonds.
Towards that end, do the following:
  • If you have to have tier progression for increasing rewards, hide them from the player.
  • Further to that, the only information available to the player once joining a side should be their position within that CG, e.g "Top 10% of commanders", so they at least have some understanding of their contributions.
  • If you do nothing else, for the love of all that is holy, FIX THIS GAME-BREAKING ISSUE, or at least address it beforehand by giving Segnen Exchange an asset in the designated CG system, or host it from a station held by a neutral third-party, where players supporting Segnen Exchange can submit bonds. If you stick with the old "progress measured by number of bonds submitted" and don't address this, and the CG is hosted from a Zende Partners station,a halfway through the conflict players supporting Segnen Exchange will be locked out of being able to submit bonds and progress in support of Segnen Exchange will be halted.
I cannot emphasise this last point enough; THIS ISSUE WILL RENDER PLAYERS UNABLE TO SUPPORT SEGNEN EXCHANGE IF NOT ADDRESSED.

I have pre-emptively reported the bug here: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/1842
Looks like they heard :) https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/5cdd447a3c2beb423d6ba0b6

So the options are collect commodeties 2 at a time in the SRV and risk the logging bug or do some pirating and risk fines, bounties or being killed costing you in some cases a small fortune. The obvious choice just for time and quantity alone is pirating, despite being trip elite I hate combat yet we always seem to be pushed down that road. I'm done with this II and won't be getting involved, been great for materials tho
Eh ? Just pick up the stuff at an ancient ruin. I don't know of any logging bug.

Another alternative is to go to a beacon and collect loads of keys. You can reactivate beacons without relogging. Collector limpets make it easy.

Eh ? Just pick up the stuff at an ancient ruin. I don't know of any logging bug.

Another alternative is to go to a beacon and collect loads of keys. You can reactivate beacons without relogging. Collector limpets make it easy.
Completely forgot about the keys at the beacons thx, as for the ruins it's still a long slog gathering commodeties 2 at a time in SRV some of us don't have forever to play and that's rather time consuming. I occasionally get a connection error when re logging especially since the last update

Completely forgot about the keys at the beacons thx, as for the ruins it's still a long slog gathering commodeties 2 at a time in SRV some of us don't have forever to play and that's rather time consuming. I occasionally get a connection error when re logging especially since the last update
I'm not doing this CG, but I know the location because I've just returned from there, having driven around and picked up a few items last week.
The trick is to land your ship close by. Then picking up 2 items at a time with the SRV is not a chore less of a grind that it might otherwise be if you landed 1 km away. Scoop and load them in the ship until the ship is full.
There are Guardian sentinels to oppose you, but if you keep your ship close by with point defense (PD) and a couple of ship pips to weapons, the ship will take care of sentinel rockets. If you don't have PDs, get them in outfitting at the Prospect outpost.

I edited my post ... of course it's a chore ! :cautious:

Last edited:
I'm not doing this CG, but I know the location because I've just returned from there, having driven around and picked up a few items last week.
The trick is to land your ship close by. Then picking up 2 items at a time with the SRV is not a chore. Scoop and load them in the ship until the ship is full.
There are Guardian sentinels to oppose you, but if you keep your ship close by with point defense (PD) and a couple of ship pips to weapons, the ship will take care of sentinel rockets. If you don't have PDs, get them in outfitting at the Prospect outpost.
This isn't my first rodeo I'm aware of how to gather the things needed I've done it before on more than a few occasions but when you only have a couple of hrs a night to play filling 150t+ ship 2t at a time is a chore and time consuming

Top Bottom