Bridging the Gap - Overview of Phases

Completely forgot about the keys at the beacons thx, as for the ruins it's still a long slog gathering commodeties 2 at a time in SRV some of us don't have forever to play and that's rather time consuming. I occasionally get a connection error when re logging especially since the last update
if you're in a small ship you can actually cargo scoop the ancient urns/caskets/orbs etc with a low pass, basically a belly rub over the ground without even landing. Think there's about 6-8 at the CG ruin. Relics require you to SRV to get the pillar to rise though.

if you're in a small ship you can actually cargo scoop the ancient urns/caskets/orbs etc with a low pass, basically a belly rub over the ground without even landing. Think there's about 6-8 at the CG ruin. Relics require you to SRV to get the pillar to rise though.
Relics and Keys look the same, count the same, pay the same and since FDev haven't bothered to separate out the bazillions required, why are we investing any more care than they obviously didn't?

Discovered a whole new level of monotony. Might hack my eyes out with a spoon...

[Edit: Correction, Relics sell for 138 CR more than the Keys on checking the prices.]
[Key collecting from beacons seems to be limited to a yield rate of about 10 an hour.]
[This new default to sell the full quantity in hold was a great idea, good thinking FDev.]

Last edited:
Relics and Keys look the same, count the same, pay the same and since FDev haven't bothered to separate out the bazillions required, why are we investing any more care than they obviously didn't?

Discovered a whole new level of monotony. Might hack my eyes out with a spoon...

[Edit: Correction, Relics sell for 138 CR more than the Keys on checking the prices.]
[Key collecting from beacons seems to be limited to a yield rate of about 10 an hour.]
[This new default to sell the full quantity in hold was a great idea, good thinking FDev.]
Keep going, Commander, the future of the galaxy hangs in the balance on this II :rolleyes:

Wonder how many of them are going to completely skip phase 2 and just kill pirates in haz res site. then do phase 3 CZ in large combat ships then doing a ~400Ly round trip to change to a small ship to hand in combat bonds with a small ship... on wed 29th instead...

This first interstellar initiative is now being ruined by a ridiculously high target for the CG. Its being going 24 hours and so far the progress bar hasn't moved despite nearly 20,000t being handed in. I've seen it mentioned that the tier 8 target is 30m t, if that's the case with the current average delivery per commander being 30t (which is quite a lot of work to get 30t of Guardian commodities) it would need 1 million to participate !

Giving up now having delivered 288t and going back to exploring with my alt account as the current CG target makes it pointless taking part unless the targets are adjusted

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Note that, for success, the CG only has to reach tier 1. That said, the community concern about the high level of the tier target has been raised to FD so we'll have to wait and see what, if anything, happens.

Will Flanagan

Community Manager
Frontier
Note that, for success, the CG only has to reach tier 1. That said, the community concern about the high level of the tier target has been raised to FD so we'll have to wait and see what, if anything, happens.
Yep, we'll be keeping an eye on it.

I won't confirm any changes right now, but if we feel the target is a little too high, it's possible we'll adjust it.

Yep, we'll be keeping an eye on it.

I won't confirm any changes right now, but if we feel the target is a little too high, it's possible we'll adjust it.
Is there any chance of an adjustment happening in a timely manner so that people have a realistic goal to work towards?

I can see any last-minute adjustment being interpreted as "Oops, we set it too high and we don't want it to fail so here is the lower goal that you all just happened to have met already."

As it stands, I was planning on participating in the materials gathering portion and don't feel any push to go for commodities at the current, seemingly impossible level.

Is Viper mk3 a good ship to bring there? Or a Federal Assault Ship? Do they have a shipyard there? I've missed some posts and being just a little bit confused what needs to be done there. Is there going to be a new video if the community goal is completed? I'm not sure if I trust this Zende corporation but I'll pick up some ancient relics if Will wants me to.

Why would you actually reveal the entire story !? And there is still no lore whatsoever..
You did watch the livestream and the announcements where they stated they'd be revealing the stages of the first Interstellar Initiative so people could more easily find out what was going on, right?

The next ones will not be revealed ahead of time.

Is Viper mk3 a good ship to bring there? Or a Federal Assault Ship? Do they have a shipyard there? I've missed some posts and being just a little bit confused what needs to be done there. Is there going to be a new video if the community goal is completed? I'm not sure if I trust this Zende corporation but I'll pick up some ancient relics if Will wants me to.
There is no shipyard. What small or medium ship you bring depends on what you want do do with it.
In the current phase 2 you need to get Guardian Commodities. To get these you either enter Guardian ruins or pirate them from cargo ships in the systen. To plunder ruins you need SRV, cargo space and possibly point defense in your upper utility mounts.
Phase 3 is a combat phase, if you want to join you need a combat ship (logical).
Personally I will use the same ship (Krait II) but exchange nearly all interior modules.

These modules still stack up to 4 units for any ship, right?
NOPE the new item released in phase 3 will be unlimited in units per ship if you wanted to fill every Hardpoint with the new units you can but they are fixed aim weapons...
If you wanted 2 guardian and 7 new units you could do so...
so if you had a cutter you could fit 4 Ax gimbled milti cannons on out side then under it you could fit 3 new of this making a total of 7 ax units

Hello folks,

We've been looking at the numbers and we're going to adjust the targets of each tier so that they are more achievable.

Thank you for all of your feedback and patience on this one.
Will, can you confirm if this was deliberate or if it’s a bug?
The event was decent but got nerfed into the ground yesterday. I got there a few days early and tootled around salvaging and familiarizing myself with the system. Had no problems filling up on guardian cargo from USS, and then yesterday they flipped a switch, and I went through 256 limpets without finding a single piece of cargo, only materials.

Now bear in mind, this is any cargo whatsoever, not just guardian cargo items. Didn't find one black box, no escape pods, none of the regular junk I usually find. Went back for more limpets with literally nothing in my cargo racks.

Top Bottom