Bridging the Gap - Overview of Phases

Still, it all just feels like the same old CGs strung together... The "rescue escape pods from Thargoids" CG we had last year felt way more fresh and inspired than this does.

In the last bigger update they added functionality for scenario USSs and then they tell us about story-driven, developer-lead events.

I guess it's the community's fault for not being able to manage expectations. Obviously it's just a new name for CGs.

Even you aren’t ignoring it or you wouldn’t be posting here, however I am sure that there are several players that are ignoring it and not participating.
I'm passively ignoring it (this thread popped up in my "New posts" feed, hence my post) not actively boycotting it. In other words, I'm not angry, just indifferent.

Just disappointing.
More grind.
wouldnt be as bad if the game didnt hang every time you had to relog to get more mats at a guardian site(emergent gameplay right there,and yes its already ben filed and not even apporoved yet)

But eh, im hopeful , somehow, that theres better things to come

I've been ignoring this whole event so far, but want to participate once the next phase starts. What is the best way to get one of my jump-range-of-a-boulder combat-ready ships out there? I know I could use the ferry, but then getting back is a problem....I don't think I want to spend a whole week at it.

I've been ignoring this whole event so far, but want to participate once the next phase starts. What is the best way to get one of my jump-range-of-a-boulder combat-ready ships out there? I know I could use the ferry, but then getting back is a problem....I don't think I want to spend a whole week at it.
What makes you think your'e getting back?

There is an asteroid station with a shipyard in Pencil Sector EL-Y d5 only about 20 jumps away in economical mode for my Krait II around 197Ly. So if you dump all the excess mass in outfitting at The Prospect your 'jump-range-of-a-boulder' could then plod over there where you could call in a taxi or buy one then when you get back home you could transfer you ship and its modules and rebuild it.

There is an asteroid station with a shipyard in Pencil Sector EL-Y d5 only about 20 jumps away in economical mode for my Krait II around 197Ly. So if you dump all the excess mass in outfitting at The Prospect your 'jump-range-of-a-boulder' could then plod over there where you could call in a taxi or buy one then when you get back home you could transfer you ship and its modules and rebuild it.
Yah, I think that's what I'll end up doing.

I'm thinking of buying a Guardian FSD jump booster and Fuel scoop for one of my combat ships and just "transferring" it to the prospect when I get in system via the ferry, then I can not only unload mass before heading to that shipyard, but fit a scoop and booster and not have to go economical. I think my Krait has a not-totally-horrible jump range with a booster and the HRP's and MRP's dropped...if I recall from when I was engineering it.

That's a possible approach, but why not build a ship suitable for the whole task, not just one bit of it. I'm out there now in my combat-capable Phantom which has 50ly jump range. "Force protection" is the military term.

Missiles can be an interesting alternative to existing AX weapons but definitely not if we have to synth each reload.
Im gonna plug my post about the non-choice given us here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/bpe2x4 Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/bpe2x4/choosing_the_better_advanced_weapon_for_ax/
You did a good job with that! I don't think I congratulated you on this AXI Discord on this, probably the third time I have seen this list now in a different source. hopefully it carries enough attention to get missiles ;)

Pretty disappointed about the non-gimbal synth-only design choice on the MC and ML (dumbfire only). I though we might finally get some kind of viable gun that does not force us to completely switch guns everytime we go out hunting. As it doesn't count against the max of AX gear I'd even accept if it would be somehow worse than the AX-only guns and the same in PvE, but like this there will be probably no one using the new weapons. A cumbersome design decision, I expected a bit more here.
Yeah me too, and probably every other person who does AX combat. I was hoping for a more universal type weapon that busts human and Thargoid vessels equally. The likelihood of me using synth ever with this is a flat 0%, and unless the weapon is a vast upgrade from other versions, I likely won't even be using it either.

Ideally I would of expected the AX ability to be default, to make the weapon actually viable, as well as making it a bit different to what we have already, like a Cannon that goes 'Brrrrrrt' (think A-10 warthog) rather than 'ratta-tat-tat' like a WW2 era machine gun. ( always puzzled me in this game how humanity went backwards with rate of fire of weapons in Elite, size 4 MC excluded) or for the missile launcher I was hoping for seeking Anti-Thargoid...

Thankyou, and welcome back, Commander Jaylem :)
Cheers! o7
Am I the only one completely ignoring this "Interstellar Initiative"?
I am not ignoring it as such, just give very few 'fudges' about it, do i want the grindy plinky-plinky weapon or the grindy missile launcher? cos we don't already have enough of those weapons already.....

I think the incentive for this initiative is non existent. due to the fact the weapons are;
- already common in game, about as enthusing to obtain as the retributor laser from Mahon in PP.....
-Grind locked, for the extra slap in the face for all AX pilots
- VEEEEEEERY basic, nothing new or cool, my bet is that they will even have the same skin as other weapons of the same type.

Now, if we were given non synth locked weapons, then i already would be happy, if these weapons were actually unique then i would be immeasurably more happy! but since they are neither i care about as much as you do.

Sad thing too, since they have already declared 'these are stackable with the AX limit' It means we will likely never see the limit expanded, just more of this ****

Apparently a State of War already exists between Segnen Exchange and Zende Partners.

Is this part of the I.I. or is it a BGS thing?
Its artifical, Fdev triggered it for CG...
BGS Wars happen when % rating in system gets with in the correct levels...
The ratings were way too far a part for BGS war... 82% vs 17%
on the 16th they forced changed Segnen Exchange rating in 1 day to 58% from 17% to trigger a war in system a week later...

I've actually got my combat Krait Mk II parked on the ferry at the moment. But I won't be out there for the whole week; I'll give it a couple of days then head home. It'll be twenty-two jumps, but you know what? I've been to Colonia and back. I reckon I'll cope.

Mind you, I've currently got a fuel scoop and FSD booster fitted. Tomorrow I'll ship out MRPs to replace them, swap back before I return to the Bubble.

I've actually got my combat Krait Mk II parked on the ferry at the moment. But I won't be out there for the whole week; I'll give it a couple of days then head home. It'll be twenty-two jumps, but you know what? I've been to Colonia and back. I reckon I'll cope.
I'm bringing my FDL, its the only combat ship I have which I haven't used recently so I feel like flying it. I don't even want to know how many jumps it would be in that thing....
I'm currently in my DBX flying out to the shipyard that is only 200 Ly away to transfer my AspX there so that once I am done with the the event I only have to fly the 200 Ly in the FDL. It will still be like 13 jumps...

Mind you, I've currently got a fuel scoop and FSD booster fitted. Tomorrow I'll ship out MRPs to replace them, swap back before I return to the Bubble.
I have done this the other way, I have stripped the fuel scoop from the chosen combat ship and fitted reinforcements in its place as well as in the new slot, I will call for the scoop when I get to The Prospect.

I have done this the other way, I have stripped the fuel scoop from the chosen combat ship and fitted reinforcements in its place as well as in the new slot, I will call for the scoop when I get to The Prospect.
I wanted to be in traveling configuration to get from Shinrarta to Zende. Also I'm in a position to log in tomorrow morning for a few minutes to cross to the outpost and summon my modules, so they'll be available for the late afternoon which is when I usually play. But if getting to Zende isn't a problem for a player, your method makes more sense.

That's what I did....I actually flew out to the Prospect today in my DBX and called the scoop and a jump booster in already so that it will be there waiting. In retrospect, I'm thinking the booster might have been uncessary seeing as the current CG unlocks a tech broker there (so it should sell boosters). It is only a 9 jump trip in my DBX so wasn't a big deal.

I stopped at the nearby shipyard as well to transfer my AspX so that my combat ship will be able to leave any time I want, with a fuel scoop, and only need to fly 200 Ly to that shipyard.

I'm ready! Now....if only I felt confident that I could support the Segnen Exchange without getting locked out of the Prospect once I become hostile with Zende Partners. Has their been any official word on a potential solution for this?

That's what I did....I actually flew out to the Prospect today in my DBX and called the scoop and a jump booster in already so that it will be there waiting. In retrospect, I'm thinking the booster might have been uncessary seeing as the current CG unlocks a tech broker there (so it should sell boosters). It is only a 9 jump trip in my DBX so wasn't a big deal.

I stopped at the nearby shipyard as well to transfer my AspX so that my combat ship will be able to leave any time I want, with a fuel scoop, and only need to fly 200 Ly to that shipyard.

I'm ready! Now....if only I felt confident that I could support the Segnen Exchange without getting locked out of the Prospect once I become hostile with Zende Partners. Has their been any official word on a potential solution for this?
The solution to this was presented in a galnet news artical but needs to be confirmed after server reset today...

Segnen Exchange Announces Outpost

16 MAY 3305

Segnen Exchange has revealed plans to build an outpost in the Synuefe EN-H d11-96 system.

CEO Cedrik Stone gave the following statement:

“As Zende Partners has graciously provided a transport service to Guardian space, it makes sense for my company to support the increased pilot activity in that area. Segnen Exchange can offer a variety of services to those travelling to the area.”

“Segnen Exchange thrives at the forefront of innovation, and the wealth of artefacts soon to flow through Synuefe EN-H d11-96 offers fantastic opportunities in the field of advanced Guardian-human technology.”

The announcement, coming so soon after Zende Partners established The Prospect in the same system, has received a mixed response from business analysts. Some view the move as likely to trigger direct conflict between the two corporations, while others believe the presence of both companies can only benefit the research initiative.

Once the server tick confirms this there will be TWO outposts in the same area... this allow a CG to be run from each... as is needed..

Last edited:
Once the server tick confirms this there will be TWO outposts in the same area... this allow a CG to be run from each...
Ahh, brilliant! I guess I need to pay more attention to Galnet news. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

Now I just gotta cross my fingers that this second outpost shows up. I decided I wanted to support Segnen Exchange, because they are Empire.

Top Bottom