Bridging the Gap - Overview of Phases

Fixed hard points only, meh don't think I will bother with can conflict event. I will help with the trading event to unlock Guardian modules and tech broker.

The cost of synthesized ammo needs to be lowered for this to matter, especially to new players. At least give us the option to resupply with either in Advanced Maintenance. At this point you need six total mats, and two of a G2 just for AX Small Calibre Munitions! With the grind that engineering entails only an endgame player would go for this.

A noob question, but how can I participate in all events (trade, then CZ) with the use of the megaships? I mean I have an Asp built for collecting materials with SRV hangar. She will wait on the megaship on May 16th. Ferry out, I will do the job, then after one week I can travel back with the megaship. But I have a combat Crusader also for CZ events, that parks in Vuia Survey (Zende). If I travel back on May 23 with my Asp, the next date when I can ferry there with my Crusader is May 30. But the event will end on that day.

Or I misunderstood something?

A good number of guardian tech broker items require the following human commodities to unlock:

HN Shock Mount
Magnetic Emitter Coil
Reinforced Mounting Plate
Micro-weave Cooling Hoses
Articulation Motors
Heatsink Interlink
Energy Grid Assembly
Micro Controllers
Power Transfer Bus
Hardware Diagnostic Sensor

Assuming a successful phase 2, a guardian tech broker will appear at The Prospect. What I haven't seen yet is any confirmation that the new outposts or station will carry any of these, nor have I seen whether or not the convoys will carry these commodities as well.

Assuming that they won't carry these, you'll need to either haul these items out to guardian space before you leave the bubble (and make sure you have that cargo space) or you'll have to fly back to the bubble to obtain these to unlock the guardian items.

It seems a bit silly to me to have the guardian tech broker unlock at the prospect if we need to go all the way back to the bubble to get the non-guardian commodities.

A noob question, but how can I participate in all events (trade, then CZ) with the use of the megaships? I mean I have an Asp built for collecting materials with SRV hangar. She will wait on the megaship on May 16th. Ferry out, I will do the job, then after one week I can travel back with the megaship. But I have a combat Crusader also for CZ events, that parks in Vuia Survey (Zende). If I travel back on May 23 with my Asp, the next date when I can ferry there with my Crusader is May 30. But the event will end on that day.

Or I misunderstood something?
you can't do that... to change ships will require a manual return trip... you are correct...
Mega ships jump Before the CG will be active... You must park before the jump time, you must park the ship at zende mega ship so that it can jump with the mega ship at server tick on 16th..
Do the CG event with trade asp.. But you can not take two mega ships in the same day... only 1 mega ship on the thursday. one way only, as they both jump at the same time...
If you go back to zende on thursday 23th server tick there is no other mega ship going from zende till the 30th as you say, so youll miss the second CG...
If you doing the II and the CGs you need a multi roll ship that can jump on the 16th or do a manual fly back... before the 23rd and get the other ship...
Then you park the other ship on the mega ship at zende on the 23rd and then the mega ship jumps on the server tick... and that ship then does the combat CG...
The other choice is to dump both ships and just use a pyton or krait mrk 2... and balance it for combat and cargo...

Why is Frontier so dead set on not letting players enjoy AX content? Only fixed, only small or medium, God forbid people feel like they get their money's worth out of big ships. Not even large landing pads in the area and mandatory synthesis. I really don't get why they keep doing this.

Finally we can kind of circumvent the unnecessary 4 AX weapon limit, but... There's always a 'but'.

Last edited:
+1 @vidslo
There's no mention of the commodities needed for blueprints being added to the systems in question. If they don't have them, then there's zero point in having a broker way out there.

I also have an issue with the ship size regulation. We'll all be flying our Pythons...?

Last edited:
  • The new modules will not require Guardian Weapon Blueprints.
  • They come in small and medium variants.
  • To craft the ammo, you need the following:
    • Multi-cannon
      • Basic - 2 Iron, 1 Nickel, 2 Sulphur
      • Standard/AX - 2 Tin, 3 Zinc, 2 Phosphorous, 1 Guardian Power Cell, 1 Guardian Power Conduit, 1 Guardian Tech Component
    • Missile Rack
      • Basic - 3 Iron, 3 Nickel, 4 Carbon, 4 Sulphur
      • Standard/AX - 6 Phosphorous, 2 Arsenic, 2 Mercury, 1 Guardian Power Cell, 1 Guardian Power Conduit, 1 Guardian Tech Component
Really good stream today. I enjoyed hearing from you and Adam. I play Elite Dangerous quite a bit and enjoy every minute. Thanks to the Team at Frontier for any and all updates.😁

+1 @vidslo
There's no mention of the commodities needed for blueprints being added to the systems in question. If they don't have them, then there's zero point in having a broker way out there.
Exactly. You're either hauling cargo all the way out there, and carrying it with you while you gather guardian mats, or you're going back to the bubble anyways.

IMO, they should remove the human commodities from the unlock requirements. That'd be the most straightforward way to deal with this. Heck, if they really wanted to keep some commodities, add some guardian relics/etc to the requirement, but make it feasible to unlock guardian tech without needing items from the bubble.

you can't do that... to change ships will require a manual return trip... you are correct...
Mega ships jump Before the CG will be active... You must park before the jump time, you must park the ship at zende mega ship so that it can jump with the mega ship at server tick on 16th..
Do the CG event with trade asp.. But you can not take two mega ships in the same day... only 1 mega ship on the thursday. one way only, as they both jump at the same time...
If you go back to zende on thursday 23th server tick there is no other mega ship going from zende till the 30th as you say, so youll miss the second CG...
If you doing the II and the CGs you need a multi roll ship that can jump on the 16th or do a manual fly back... before the 23rd and get the other ship...
Then you park the other ship on the mega ship at zende on the 23rd and then the mega ship jumps on the server tick... and that ship then does the combat CG...
The other choice is to dump both ships and just use a pyton or krait mrk 2... and balance it for combat and cargo...
Thanks for your answer!

So because I have not enough credits to buy a Python or a Krait, I must miss the half of the Community Event.

Or I must jump 700 ly back with my Asp, then forth again with my 14ly capable Crusader...

This is sad.

Im currently working on a Krait MK11 for Thargoid combat. I'm willing to put that on hold if someone needs me to haul cargo to the Gaurdian sector we can talk in game about the details.

Top Bottom