Bridging the Gap Phase 3: A CZ-CG without massacre missions?

Just checked both Indigo Dock and the Prospect for massacre missions, because we are obviously in a Combat zone CG, only to find the mission boards completely empty. Is this just an oversight or is Fdev for real?

I mean I get it, we're essentially fighting for one of two unlocks, a higher cause, but do we really have to make CZ combat even less well paid by not offering any missions?

Yes Its a fake war...
There is no BGS to run them... so theres no missions of any kind... none, board is empty. BGS does not even have mining missions..
This is Fev enabling a fake conflict for the CG...

I see it more as whether we do these things for the community goal or for personal profit, with no missions to act as bribes those who stay are doing it for the goal not to merely get more credits.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Don't forget, massacre missions do not automatically spawn for all conflicts. We have been involved in many were, for some reason (apparently BGS states/buckets related) massacre missions do not spawn for our faction but do in abundance for the opposing side. In addition, as I recall the mission boards at The Prospect have been empty since day 1 so it could just be that this facility, whilst present, has not yet been activated at the stations in the system.

Mission boards are often a bit odd in isolated systems - even missions which don't apparently need a nearby system can be affected. Or it could be as Kietrax says that the mission boards aren't an active service (but they need to exist so people can sign up to the CGs, and hand in any missions they get to this system from elsewhere) - I know of a couple of stations elsewhere which have mission boards enabled for inbound but not outbound.

On the other hand, there were complaints before this CG started that it would inevitably be biased towards Zende, as people would already be allied with them from the previous phases, and therefore would be getting better massacre missions from Zende than Segnen on day 1. So maybe this is deliberate by Frontier to try to make the situation fairer between the two sides.

Don't forget, massacre missions do not automatically spawn for all conflicts. We have been involved in many were, for some reason (apparently BGS states/buckets related) massacre missions do not spawn for our faction but do in abundance for the opposing side. In addition, as I recall the mission boards at The Prospect have been empty since day 1 so it could just be that this facility, whilst present, has not yet been activated at the stations in the system.

I didn't know that there have been CGs without supporting missions, I participated in some but I must have missed those.

Mission boards are often a bit odd in isolated systems - even missions which don't apparently need a nearby system can be affected. Or it could be as Kietrax says that the mission boards aren't an active service (but they need to exist so people can sign up to the CGs, and hand in any missions they get to this system from elsewhere) - I know of a couple of stations elsewhere which have mission boards enabled for inbound but not outbound.

On the other hand, there were complaints before this CG started that it would inevitably be biased towards Zende, as people would already be allied with them from the previous phases, and therefore would be getting better massacre missions from Zende than Segnen on day 1. So maybe this is deliberate by Frontier to try to make the situation fairer between the two sides.

While I undestand the bias problem and Kietrax's explanation, I think that not adding supporting missions to combat CGs is adding insult to injury, as Combat, especially CZs are the most risky PvE, non-Thargoid combat activity and at the same time the least paid at that. I solo-cleared a CZ and hat to fight off spec-ops with engineered ships and phasing sequence lasers, protect a captain and went out with 2 mil after an hour. We are mercenaries and not adding a real incentive to participate in a CG other than unlocking a very niche and mostly useless AX weapon doesn't make much sense to me.

In the end, this might not be a problem related specifically to this Event but to combat pay and combat zones in general.

That was a bug that (eventually, mostly delayed due to a lot of misreporting) got resolved.

Short version; mission generation wasn't detecting the current faction state.

Top Bottom