Bridging the Gap - Phase One - Candidate Systems

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Frontier
Hello Commanders,

Zende Partners have identified five locations in Guardian space where they will not only set up an outpost, but fund the creation of a Megaship ferry that will take Commanders from the system of Zende to a location voted for by the community. Take a look at the locations and some of their stats listed below, and then cast your vote here.

Candidate System #001 - IC 2391 Sector FL-X B1-7
Distance between Sol and IC 2391 Sector FL-X B1-7619ly
Distance between Zende and IC 2391 Sector FL-X B1-7393ly
Supercruise distance from main star53ls
Amount of celestial bodies 30
Type of Guardian blueprint available Vessel

Candidate System #002 - Synuefe IL-N C23-19
Distance between Sol and Synuefe IL-N C23-19681ly
Distance between Zende and Synuefe IL-N C23-19445ly
Supercruise distance from main star2,037ls
Amount of celestial bodies 20

Candidate System #003 - Synuefe EN-H D11-96
Distance between Sol and Synuefe EN-H D11-96 784ly
Distance between Zende and Synuefe EN-H D11-96 541ly
Supercruise distance from main star2,328ls
Amount of celestial bodies 34

Candidate System #004 - Synuefe GT-H b43-1
Distance between Sol and Synuefe GT-H B43-1777ly
Distance between Zende and Synuefe GT-H B43-1539ly
Supercruise distance from main star27,767ls
Amount of celestial bodies 30
Type of Guardian blueprint available Module

Candidate System #005 - Synuefe PF-E B45-5
Distance between Sol and Synuefe PF-E B45-5783ly
Distance between Zende and Synuefe PF-E B45-5543ly
Supercruise distance from main star8,181ls
Amount of celestial bodies 19

If you've already been to one of the systems listed above, please do leave a comment and let other Commanders know why you think they should vote for it!

I've been to several of them, and a return trip to any isn't off the cards. I've been hankering for a couple more ship blueprints but been too involved in other tasks (including the Explorer's Anchorage CG) to put my rear in gear and go, new II could just be the incentive I need :)

I hope FD have learnt from today:

1: A compelling reason to be achieved. Is it worthwhile enough? Is it unique?

2: A compelling narrative. Who are these people / what are these places involved? I want some story or lore to make me care. So far I don't have any of that.

3: Timing: todays lesson was about giving us a dossier of info, this should have been before we could choose. Also, the vote should be done on one day after its promoted on your media feeds for a week- people don't have to wait about for the outcome. Short and snappy.

4: Using what you have- why did you not send a commander wide (like the server downtime) message encouraging people to vote? Message could be a mini statement from the megacorp.

What would really make this useful, Will, Paige, and team, would be the number of Obelisks that allow scan for data. The hardest thing to get is Pattern Epsilon Obelisk Data and it's therefore the most time consuming.

Might I suggest asking the community what information we want on potential sites in order to make our choice and then using your database to make a list of competing sites that make our vote interesting? That would give you time to make the vote happen in game. And it would be an interesting job for someone.

Last edited:
Ummmm... I feel stupid asking, but when you say "Vessel" or "Module", what does that actually mean?
Guardian sites have 2 varieties - primary 'data' sites, per Ram Tah original mission, and Guardian sites that have blueprints for Modules (FSD Booster, Guardian PP etc.) and Ships (Guardian SLF) and Weapons (Guardian Gauss Cannon etc.) The Blueprint sites are of more use in everyday flying where the data sites provided data for credits as well as a 'stock' when the other sites were 'discovered'

Guardian sites have 2 varieties - primary 'data' sites, per Ram Tah original mission, and Guardian sites that have blueprints for Modules (FSD Booster, Guardian PP etc.) and Ships (Guardian SLF) and Weapons (Guardian Gauss Cannon etc.) The Blueprint sites are of more use in everyday flying where the data sites provided data for credits as well as a 'stock' when the other sites were 'discovered'
So in the list above, the "Vessel" sites only offer SLF blueprints whereas the "Module" sites offer all the various modules (power plant, FSD booster, etc), correct? If this is the case (I kinda thought it was but wasn't sure), then the vote is a no-brainer for me.

So in the list above, the "Vessel" sites only offer SLF blueprints whereas the "Module" sites offer all the various modules (power plant, FSD booster, etc), correct? If this is the case (I kinda thought it was but wasn't sure), then the vote is a no-brainer for me.
You appear to have grasped the knowlege, Duck :)

The sites suggested are close enough to 'farm' quite nicely, the downer is that SLF sites need a 'key' obtained from a Guardian Structure in space some distance away, the module/weapon sites only need a relic that can be collected 'on site'.

Frontier Guest 0195570

F
#004 (module site) please.

Personally I couldn’t care less about the location. I won’t wait for the ship to jump if I need something anyway. For new players it makes the most sense to give them access to modules first (cough FSD booster cough), then they can still get the rest with lots more range.

Gentlemen, let's calm down a bit and put our hands to the table.
In my opinion Synuefe IL-N C23-19 is undoubtedly the best candidate.

It is not declared on the map of the galaxy as a guardian, in case we were tracked by the Targoids they would track us there and we could save ourselves from discovering the ruins or rather we would gain time to secure material and collect useful information from the guardians.

"We already know how hostile the thargoids are with the guardians, let's make sure they do not knock it down"

As regards its coordinates, it is in a position advanced to what is intermediate in the 2 possible directions to reach such planets.

This is my opinion and so I share with you, we devastate for the good of the community

If you want massive role-playing games In which the whole community participates, you need a tool that gives voice to the community, in this case, the FD forum is the best tool we have, hopefully tomorrow will be implemented in the game console a functionality that connects us with the live forum.

FD- some extra meat to what I said about the why aspect:

Faceless corporations are fine as far as they go, but what motivation do they have to do this for us? Its a cop out if the sole motivation is money because its been done to death hundreds of times. If you want a guide simply look at the real world for inspiration- we have a situation where a corp wants to move into recovering artifacts on an industrial scale. I expect you will have another corp wanting in as well....but is that compelling enough? Having two sides essentially the same does not create drama. Why not make the opposition similar to protestors? They oppose you from digging up what is basically one giant grave, and since the corp does not see reason they sabotage the effort. Also, there is a bloody good reason why not to touch anything Guardian- they were wiped out by their own creations (AI), maybe someone does not see the benefit of using the same tech since AI is banned by humans as well. Could it all go wrong and people on the surface of this site trigger a massive drone attack driven by an awakened AI? Then it would turn a slightly routine recovery mission into a fight for survival as you wait for extraction. Make the mundane interesting by wrongfooting our expectations.

There is so much more that could be done its painful- there are so many loose ends (Thargoids- what is driving them these days? Guardian AI, are they coming back?). Please please please use these events to give ED an overarching story again to give some purpose to what we do.

Top Bottom