Bridging the Gap - Phase One - Candidate Systems

I wasn't a forum member until I signed up just now having read the News article about this Interstellar Initiative. I clicked on the forum to find out more information, and read about votes being cast, etc.

As many others have stated on the initial thread related to this topic, I think this is very poor stuff from Frontier Developments. Personally, I don't like your forums, and the fact that people on these forums dictate the direction of the game - and it's usually in a very negative way. Having purchased this game and lots of content for it, like many others, I'm disappointed that I'm obliged to have to come out of the game and use this forum to participate in an intergalactic initiative.

I'd encourage Frontier to build mechanisms into the game to effectively communicate initiatives and content - using Galnet in game, as well as the Mission Board/Community Goals (Intergalactic Initiatives button/screen).

I won't be watching the livestream as the hosts make me feel queasy. I'll probably catch up via ObsidianAnt's YouTube channel.

As always, thanks for not listening, and I'll catch you guys and girls next time.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Hello Commanders,

Zende Partners have identified five locations in Guardian space where they will not only set up an outpost, but fund the creation of a Megaship ferry that will take Commanders from the system of Zende to a location voted for by the community. Take a look at the locations and some of their stats listed below, and then cast your vote here.

Candidate System #001 - IC 2391 Sector FL-X B1-7
View attachment 129584

Distance between Sol and IC 2391 Sector FL-X B1-7619ly
Distance between Zende and IC 2391 Sector FL-X B1-7393ly
Supercruise distance from main star53ls
Amount of celestial bodies30
Type of Guardian blueprint availableVessel

Candidate System #002 - Synuefe IL-N C23-19
View attachment 129592

Distance between Sol and Synuefe IL-N C23-19681ly
Distance between Zende and Synuefe IL-N C23-19445ly
Supercruise distance from main star2,037ls
Amount of celestial bodies20

Candidate System #003 - Synuefe EN-H D11-96
View attachment 129598

Distance between Sol and Synuefe EN-H D11-96784ly
Distance between Zende and Synuefe EN-H D11-96541ly
Supercruise distance from main star2,328ls
Amount of celestial bodies34

Candidate System #004 - Synuefe GT-H b43-1
View attachment 129603

Distance between Sol and Synuefe GT-H B43-1777ly
Distance between Zende and Synuefe GT-H B43-1539ly
Supercruise distance from main star27,767ls
Amount of celestial bodies30
Type of Guardian blueprint availableModule

Candidate System #005 - Synuefe PF-E B45-5
View attachment 129604

Distance between Sol and Synuefe PF-E B45-5783ly
Distance between Zende and Synuefe PF-E B45-5543ly
Supercruise distance from main star8,181ls
Amount of celestial bodies19

If you've already been to one of the systems listed above, please do leave a comment and let other Commanders know why you think they should vote for it!
Thanks Paige! This puts some more much needed context behind the systems to vote.

Regardless of the delivery mechanism, I would like to vote but cannot decide or understand what the deciding factor should be for us.

I've seen two possible reasons for casting a vote on this forum: 1. Go for the module, as it's more beneficial. 2. (I think this is what this guy was saying): Go for the central location one and one that won't do us much damage if the Thargoids follow us.

My questions are many regarding what should be my choice in this matter:
1. Do we believe the corporation will accomplish what they say they will? For instance, is it possible that the system that gets selected gets attacked by Thargoids rather than us having a megaship route?
2. Is the decision purely location? I haven't done any of the guardian stuff, but I was planning on it soon. Is this really just a decision about most optimum location?
3. Do the module/vessel things matter most? If it's just a fast jump to a new area, then I see the point of the central location thing, since I could just do the remaining jumps to whichever star system I actually needed at the time.

Basically, I'm just very confused and not sure at all how to proceed or what my criteria should be.

Regardless of the delivery mechanism, I would like to vote but cannot decide or understand what the deciding factor should be for us.

I've seen two possible reasons for casting a vote on this forum: 1. Go for the module, as it's more beneficial. 2. (I think this is what this guy was saying): Go for the central location one and one that won't do us much damage if the Thargoids follow us.

My questions are many regarding what should be my choice in this matter:
1. Do we believe the corporation will accomplish what they say they will? For instance, is it possible that the system that gets selected gets attacked by Thargoids rather than us having a megaship route?
2. Is the decision purely location? I haven't done any of the guardian stuff, but I was planning on it soon. Is this really just a decision about most optimum location?
3. Do the module/vessel things matter most? If it's just a fast jump to a new area, then I see the point of the central location thing, since I could just do the remaining jumps to whichever star system I actually needed at the time.

Basically, I'm just very confused and not sure at all how to proceed or what my criteria should be.
We simply do not know enough about any of this to actually make an informed decision. To use my example I posted in a different thread...

It is sort of like me asking you to pick between a brand new car, or a $100 bill, while later giving you all the values, specs, dimensions. Well, one is certainly a better choice than the other if the end goal is to fit one of them in an envelope.

Will travel on the ferry count toward distance traveled for those unlocking engineers I wonder ? and is this a way of introducing a mechanism for further fast travel to other parts of the galaxy ?

Ok, we have some physical info about the systems. Cool, but... and I mean this in the most constructive way possible: Why should I care about generic Zende Corp attempt to corner the market on alien mats? Why in the world would anyone be compelled to grind the nausea-prone guardian sites? ...again? the most notoriously least-fun gameplay loop in Elite. If this is going to get rid of the grind and turn these into a purchasable commodity, please tell us that at least.

Otherwise, I'll be left with the time tested notion that this is likely for some new series of guardian-based modules or ships that are going to go into the game no matter what I do, so tbh I am finding it difficult to pretend that my "agency" comes from voting on systems that will have the exact same outcome.

I am trying to keep an open mind here and give Frontier a chance to make this worthwhile, but I am thoroughly uninspired by what I have seen so far. Please prove me wrong and make me believe again.

Honestly, with the lack of information on the usefulness of this ferry, as much be pragmatic and say that it is a way to save jumps. So, which of the proposed systems is the most central in the guardian space?

Hi FDev community people!

Thanks for listening to our feedback!

I think an in-game vote should be held at specific locations in the bubble, for Maximum Game Fun. A pilgrimage that some could take in Open, while others do it in secret would make for more of a group activity feel.

For explorers who are a long way away, it's debatable that they don't get a vote, you know, being not involved at all but you could do an in-game email vote if you really want to "treat all your children the same". Perhaps a query on the database to see if they are on their way back or if it's possible that they are going to be able to be involved in this particular II.

I just don't understand why so much of this game happens OUTSIDE of the game. The narrative should be included inside the actual game instead of in lazy forum posts that most people will never see.
pew pew pew (I just shot your ship) "target shields offline"...

FA/off comes about

Now we have forum PvP.

I feel like I missed an entire season of this series for some reason. Just one day this pops up and I have zero idea what it's about. Maybe I play the game too much and don't read enough.

As long as you're bridging gaps (for "new" players that don't know)...

How about some new holo-ads outside all the Yi-Long Rui stations:

-15% OFF!-
SHIPS + MODULES

Off course, nobody would expect to see an EDDB.io link in Outfitting...

Edit: One or two MATERIALS TRADER ads wouldn't go astray either.
Edit, edit: And can you fix the range we can see these from in the filter.

Last edited:
Purely because it is only 53ls from the main star, I am going to vote for candidate 1.
This right here is an example of how communication about how things work in the game is somewhat less than stellar. Not picking on you, just using this as an example because megaships jump from point to point. Distance to a location from the entry point does not apply to them, so distance from arrival is meaningless in this situation. They jump into a system where ever they want, not at the typical arrrival point a normal ship would.

That said, without knowing anything else beyond what we know, any reason is as good as any other reason for picking a system. I am leaning towards IC 2391 because it ends in b1-7, and the b 17 was one hell of an aircraft.

Last edited:
Top Bottom