Bridging the Gap - Phase One - Candidate Systems

Synuefe EU-Q C21-10 System, is an obvious choice. But to scan a Guardian Beacon, Synefe EU-Q C21-15 should be a destination. But "Bridging the Gap" should lead to a new expansion that centers on something other than the ships. I don't believe Guardian Technology was used to modify or create vessels to traverse space. Probably something more important like aiding and assisting in evolving, with the help of genetic engineering.

I did unlock most of the Guardian stuff and my key systems are detailed in the spoiler.

SPOILER ALERT for those who still want to find those different Guardian Ruins all by themselve only with the help of Ram Tha.

Big Guardian Ruins closest to SOLSYNUEFE XR-H D11-102
Guardian Module BlueprintSYNUEFE NL-N C23-4
Guardian Weapon BlueprintCOL 173 SECTOR OD-J B25-2
Guardian BeaconSYNUEFE KU-F B44-4
Guardian SLF BlueprintSYNUEFE EU-Q C21-15

Relating to those systems that were in my personal interest my map looks like this, with the proposed Zende Partner Systems in red:

My choice clearly is for Synuefe GT-H b43-1
first, because it has a Guardian Ruin with a Module Blueprint available
second, it has acces to Guardian Beacon and SLF Blueprint in nearby systems
third, it's closest to the one system for weapon-blueprints I know
fourth, it's one of the three system that have the longest distance from Sol.

I don't see good reason why to take a shorter jump, when I can take the long jump for start of exploration outside of the bubble.

I don't see much reasoning to vote for any other of the proposed Zende systems.

Last edited:
IC 2391 Sector FL-X B1-7 gets my vote as it's closest to Zende and for those who don't know, we control that. :p Ask yourself why it's more remote than others? There are possibly Lore reasons behind it.

I don't believe in "Lore Reasons" anymore. Also if humans already control IC 2391 I'd rather say to spread human influence in the Guardian Sphere then to concentrate it. But that's just me. Also I really don't want to waste any jumprange from the Mega Ship. I want to go as far as possible.

If you've already been to one of the systems listed above, please do leave a comment and let other Commanders know why you think they should vote for it!
Wouldn't it have been nice to know why Zende Partners have chosen those systems and what they think are the pros and cons for each of the systems?
The only real difference is ship or module blueprint. Since a CMDR will require more than one of these for the various blueprints available it just doesn't matter where to start collecting them. Unless re-logging is something that is now official gameplay (might be since forum votes is apparently now gameplay too).

So my advice for other CMDRs - just don't vote and boycott this "interstellar initiative" - the organizers don't care about it, so why should we care?

I did unlock most of the Guardian stuff and my key systems are detailed in the spoiler.

SPOILER ALERT for those who still want to find those different Guardian Ruins all by themselve only with the help of Ram Tha.

Big Guardian Ruins closest to SOLSYNUEFE XR-H D11-102
Guardian Module BlueprintSYNUEFE NL-N C23-4
Guardian Weapon BlueprintCOL 173 SECTOR OD-J B25-2
Guardian BeaconSYNUEFE KU-F B44-4
Guardian SLF BlueprintSYNUEFE EU-Q C21-15

Relating to those systems that were in my personal interest my map looks like this, with the proposed Zende Partner Systems in red:

My choice clearly is for Synuefe GT-H b43-1
first, because it has a Guardian Ruin with a Module Blueprint available
second, it has acces to Guardian Beacon and SLF Blueprint in nearby systems
third, it's closest to the one system for weapon-blueprints I know
fourth, it's one of the three system that have the longest distance from Sol.

I don't see good reason why to take a shorter jump, when I can take the long jump for start of exploration outside of the bubble.

I don't see much reasoning to vote for any other of the proposed Zende systems.
Best analysis and reasoning here, imho.

So in your first Interstellar Initiative - and after years of trolling and justified criticism about the anonymous, disconnecting nature of community goals - you present us with a no-name corp that has absolutely no background or anchor in the in-game universe that for some reasons wants to go grind Guardian sites.

You then direct the playerbase out of the game to vote on a favorite system, because apparently Zede Partners have a bunch of brainless morons as management who cannot reach a decision how to pursue their goals.

We have to do this out of the game in FD gaming forums? Really?

Then we are allowed to travel to systems we can travel to already in, say, an hour or so. Wow!

Next, to gather more information - which should have been in the game already for advance preps - we have to visit you yet again in an out-of-game thing called Livestream. I mean it's not like you guys are developing an in-game Codex and a handbook, right?

No, we have to go outside of the game again. All this nonsense in a vain hope to make this "initiative" meaningful and impacting on the playerbase.

Did you have no one at FDev who may have cautioned you that this could lead to a negative reaction you now see unfolding in, well your forums.
And does this guy now wear his "I told you so" T-shirt in the office?

After all these years of criticism, this was the best you could come up with?

I am deeply disappointed, and I generally have been quietly in favour of your game.

I am deeply disappointed, and I generally have been quietly in favor of your game.
now now.....that's quite a strong reaction.
:D
unfortunately I agree.
I visit the forums regularly but missed this completely until i stumbled on a thread complaining abt this not being ingame.
Funny thing is that this thread had not caught my eye at all and someone had to point it out to me.

I may be a bit slow or something but someone new is just gonna miss that..... i suppose there will be a galnet article telling people
to visit these recently upgraded forums?

Well, that's new to me. I thought the only way to get fighter Blueprints was to visit the Guardian Beacons, didn't realise that you can get them from planet installations as well. When did that go in?

now now.....that's quite a strong reaction.
:D
unfortunately I agree.
I visit the forums regularly but missed this completely until i stumbled on a thread complaining abt this not being ingame.
Funny thing is that this thread had not caught my eye at all and someone had to point it out to me.

I may be a bit slow or something but someone new is just gonna miss that..... i suppose there will be a galnet article telling people
to visit these recently upgraded forums?
Its on the galnet news feed at the games main menu, first item IIRC. So active players will know if they follow galnet.

Wouldn't it have been nice to know why Zende Partners have chosen those systems and what they think are the pros and cons for each of the systems?
The only real difference is ship or module blueprint. Since a CMDR will require more than one of these for the various blueprints available it just doesn't matter where to start collecting them.
well, other than presence of Guardian Ruins, Supercruise distance, distance from bubble, distance from other bases in the area. Things like that we could be discussing. I know if the megaship is a 27k Ls SC out then I'd be less likely to visit it, and if it is close to an existing base then it is probably less useful for restocking. etc etc.

So my advice for other CMDRs - just don't vote and boycott this "interstellar initiative" - the organizers don't care about it, so why should we care?
Sigh. People complain that everything is on rails, fdev decide everything - so fdev give us some small amount of agency and people complain about that too.

Guest193293

G
Even with the announcement being in Galnet News, if you are not aware of this at all you could simply think it's a simple announcement among many. A vote in-game could imply to players who do not follow the forum/youtube channel that this announcement right there is different, that there is something going on.

But as I said in the other thread and what Andrew Gaspurr said; there is no lore about Zender Partners and no background whatsoever around this.
Why do commanders need to vote anyways ? isn't supposed to be the role of investors or whatever at Zender ?
Who's gonna pay for everything and why ? who's involved ?

I do not understand why they just wrote an announcement like this without any lore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope FD have learnt from today:

1: A compelling reason to be achieved. Is it worthwhile enough? Is it unique?

2: A compelling narrative. Who are these people / what are these places involved? I want some story or lore to make me care. So far I don't have any of that.

3: Timing: todays lesson was about giving us a dossier of info, this should have been before we could choose. Also, the vote should be done on one day after its promoted on your media feeds for a week- people don't have to wait about for the outcome. Short and snappy.

4: Using what you have- why did you not send a commander wide (like the server downtime) message encouraging people to vote? Message could be a mini statement from the megacorp.
Now take these points and apply them to the following situations:

- The Gnosis
- The discount weekend
- Powerplay
- CQC
- Emporers dawn
- Wearable tech
- Suitcase nukes

Pretty much any narrative Fdev have done without Michael Brookes (for the early unknown probe stuff) / Drew Wagar.

The Salome event got some stick but I think mostly because of the technical implementation of it the narrative that drives it spanned a number of years and characters had mystery and a conclusion.

Suitcase nukes bobbed a station into lockdown for a few days......

A lot of people are asking Fdev to learn but they havent managed to learn from any of the mistakes made before

Now take these points and apply them to the following situations:

• The Gnosis
  • The discount weekend
  • Powerplay
  • CQC
  • Emporers dawn
  • Wearable tech
  • Suitcase nukes
Pretty much any narrative Fdev have done without Michael Brookes (for the early unknown probe stuff) / Drew Wagar.

The Salome event got some stick but I think mostly because of the technical implementation of it the narrative that drives it spanned a number of years and characters had mystery and a conclusion.

Suitcase nukes bobbed a station into lockdown for a few days......

A lot of people are asking Fdev to learn but they havent managed to learn from any of the mistakes made before
Although I hold firm that FD have lost the plot (excuse the pun) some of those things don't really qualify: Powerplay is / was supposed to be player driven, CQC is not lore driven at all (its an arena shooter).

The Gnosis suffered from mixed up timing, but otherwise shocked people into teaching players the Thargoids are dangerous. It was a unique event in that it was real time and forced people to run- it was physical storytelling.

The discount weekend (along with the Titan X) were fun events that were half in/ half out which annoyed some. That was a shame as they were fun.

• Emporers dawn
  • Wearable tech
  • Suitcase nukes
Now these are annoyances. FD don't seem to get that you really have to offer something to change peoples minds or tempt them. No-one supported the NuDuval. No real attempt was made to make his case compelling enough for staunch Imp lovers to get on his side. The suitcase nukes was another wasted opportunity, mainly as it would provide a sense of anarchic terror if the bubble gets slowly consumed by this cult. Who drives them? Human? Thargoid? We have so many loose lore cues that could really go somewhere its uncanny but were cut off.

Although I hold firm that FD have lost the plot (excuse the pun) some of those things don't really qualify: Powerplay is / was supposed to be player driven, CQC is not lore driven at all (its an arena shooter).

The Gnosis suffered from mixed up timing, but otherwise shocked people into teaching players the Thargoids are dangerous. It was a unique event in that it was real time and forced people to run- it was physical storytelling.

The discount weekend (along with the Titan X) were fun events that were half in/ half out which annoyed some. That was a shame as they were fun.

• Emporers dawn
  • Wearable tech
  • Suitcase nukes
Now these are annoyances. FD don't seem to get that you really have to offer something to change peoples minds or tempt them. No-one supported the NuDuval. No real attempt was made to make his case compelling enough for staunch Imp lovers to get on his side. The suitcase nukes was another wasted opportunity, mainly as it would provide a sense of anarchic terror if the bubble gets slowly consumed by this cult. Who drives them? Human? Thargoid? We have so many loose lore cues that could really go somewhere its uncanny but were cut off.
Very fair points and if I'm honest I did question some of these as I wrote them (hey you gotta do what you gotta do for internet points right? :p)

That said if I drop point 2 from your list I think the others still hold true:

1: A compelling reason to be achieved. Is it worthwhile enough? Is it unique?

Powerplay - it is player driven but is there an incentive? You can easily spend the weekly salary just taking part and as for the modules they give a reason to briefly interact with powerplay but not to actively and meaningfully take part. And quite quickly the powerplay map hit a stalemate. Sure the odd expansion attempt happens but they are few and far between so even the player driven narrative is now "work hard to stay still"

CQC - they added the forth rank but the rewards are minimal and have little to no impact on the main game it only really appeals to the hardcore completionist (or those who find it fun and I do think it is fun). Outside this there is no real reason to play cqc

Discount weekend - The theory was right but mixing up the mat requirements meant that you could spend the whole weekend just re acquiring mats

2: A compelling narrative. Who are these people / what are these places involved? I want some story or lore to make me care. So far I don't have any of that.

On thinking it through I do have a couple of points although you are mostly right

Powerplay - whilst player driven did introduce characters into the game then failed to really flesh them out if there are no reasons in the reward part of it they could very much gain some traction through story telling - More a missed opportunity than a failure

CQC - For what the mode is it doesn't really need narrative so yeah not relevant here

Discount Weekend - this was actually more a case where the narrative was just off - the super duper secret wink wink engineers put out a galactic discount advert??? This would actually have been better handled out of game entirely imho (basically fdev saying yeah we've got a discount weekend, it's a game accept it) but I appreciate this would've caused as much if not more of a stir than the approach they took.

3: Timing: todays lesson was about giving us a dossier of info, this should have been before we could choose. Also, the vote should be done on one day after its promoted on your media feeds for a week- people don't have to wait about for the outcome. Short and snappy.

Powerplay - Back when powerplay was released it was one of the 2 features that no one really asked for. I think this got lost a little in the fact that:

A. the game was new so there was a lot of community goodwill
B. it wasn't a million miles away from planetary landings being announced at which point nearly all was forgiven (and quite rightly imo)

CQC - would be the second of those features!

Discount weekend - probably doesn't apply here they tried it it was nice to see them try things I would encourage more of these types of things.

So yes these don't quite fit the bill in terms of it's more timing in general than the timing of releasing information but it again highlights how little fdev seem to understand the community

4: Using what you have- why did you not send a commander wide (like the server downtime) message encouraging people to vote? Message could be a mini statement from the megacorp.

Definately this!!!

Powerplay - Tied to the bgs and actual missions to support powerplay. It's so obscure and removed from the actual game that could be solved by just tying in a couple of the existing game systems.

CQC - At the time I totally get why it had to be separate we didn't have fighters or CQC assets in game so it makes sense but as time's progressed it has remained so far away from using what we have.

Discount weekend - outside the complaints about screwy mat requirements this was just using what we have so gets a free pass
So actually on review I think I would only really remove the discount weekend from my list and it all really points to fdev just not being connected to the community.

I've become somewhat of a campaigner against the approach the community / marketing team takes to the game but every time something new happens it seems to just support my endless salty whinges.

Top Bottom