Bridging the Gap - Phase One - Commencement

Which system, in Guardian space, would you like the megaship ferry to permanently travel to?

• IC 2391 Sector FL-X b1-7

Votes: 1,076 30.9%
  • Synuefe IL-N C23-19

Votes: 224 6.4%
  • Synuefe EN-H d11-96

Votes: 1,368 39.3%
  • Synuefe GT-H b43-1

Votes: 655 18.8%
  • Synuefe PF-E b45-5

Votes: 154 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Will Flanagan

Community Manager
Staff member

In October of 3302, the first set of Guardian Ruins was discovered by CMDR XDeath in the Synuefe XR-H D11-102 system, and inspired thousands of Commanders to head out into the black, searching for more information about the ancient alien race.

Three years later, we’ve discovered Guardian Structures and Beacons, we’ve worked alongside the Engineer, Ram Tah, to create weapons and modules, and we’ve even rediscovered the blueprints for ancient Guardian ships and pieced them together with our own ships to once again take them to the skies.

Today, we’re proud to begin the all-new, first ever Interstellar Initiative... Bridging the Gap. We invite you to make your mark on the Elite Dangerous universe and to help shape its future and its story.

What are Interstellar Initiatives?

Interstellar Initiatives are a series of in-game events and narratives that play out over the course of approximately a month. Each one features several phases that will alter as the story progresses and may end with lasting effects on the galaxy!

Zende Partners Announces Transport Service

Zende Partners has revealed plans to establish a ferry service between the core systems and Guardian space.

Freya Taine, the company’s CEO, made this statement:

“In response to increasing demand for Guardian commodities, my company aims to facilitate access to the area once occupied by the Guardians. This will involve the construction of a megaship to transport pilots to and from this comparatively inaccessible region.”

“Five systems have been highlighted as potential destinations, and we’d like to invite the galactic community to decide which of these should serve as the termination point for the megaship. We will then build an outpost in the chosen system, and the megaship will enter service.”

“We hope that this initiative will stimulate new innovations in the field of Guardian-human technology.”

How do you get involved?

Zende Partners have identified five locations in Guardian space where they will not only set up an outpost, but fund the creation of a Megaship ferry that will take Commanders from the system of Zende to a location voted for by the community
  • Candidate System #001 - IC 2391 Sector FL-X b1-7
  • Candidate System #002 - Synuefe IL-N C23-19
  • Candidate System #003 - Synuefe EN-H d11-96
  • Candidate System #004 - Synuefe GT-H b43-1
  • Candidate System #005 - Synuefe PF-E b45-5
It's an ambitious plan. With easier access to Guardian technology, Zende Partners hope to build and develop new technology to benefit the human race... and, perhaps, their economic standings.

To get involved with this first phase of Bridging the Gap, all you need to do is cast your vote above!

You have from now until 6 May 2019 at 11:00 AM (UTC) to vote for your choice of destination. Choose wisely!

Join us aboard the Stargazer!

To assist you in making an informed decision, the flight team of the “Stargazer” will take you on a visit to one of the Guardian Sites and talk about what your options are during the next episode of the livestream series: “Stargazing Tours”. Tune in at 18:00 (UTC) on 2 May on either YouTube, Twitch or Mixer.

Good luck, Commanders.

I think this is a cool idea! But, here in this thread, there is no context to these systems.... so nobody would know what to vote unless they go and investigate each system.

Anyway, i checked out all of these on EDSM, and they all appear virtually identical, planet-wise, so honestly this vote is not one that matters at all. Yes, you can argue that the actual contents of the guardian ruins themselves matter, but they are all within walking distance pretty much.
I voted for IC because it is the only odd one out.

Still, votes are nice, even if unrealistically democratic :)

Last edited:

In October of 3302, the first set of Guardian Ruins was discovered by CMDR XDeath in the Synuefe XR-H D11-102 system, and inspired thousands of Commanders to head out into the black, searching for more information about the ancient alien race.

Three years later, we’ve discovered Guardian Structures and Beacons, we’ve worked alongside the Engineer, Ram Tah, to create weapons and modules, and we’ve even rediscovered the blueprints for ancient Guardian ships and pieced them together with our own ships to once again take them to the skies.

Today, we’re proud to begin the all-new, first ever Interstellar Initiative... Bridging the Gap. We invite you to make your mark on the Elite Dangerous universe and to help shape its future and its story.

What are Interstellar Initiatives?

Interstellar Initiatives are a series of in-game events and narratives that play out over the course of approximately a month. Each one features several phases that will alter as the story progresses and may end with lasting effects on the galaxy!

Zende Partners Announces Transport Service

Zende Partners has revealed plans to establish a ferry service between the core systems and Guardian space.

Freya Taine, the company’s CEO, made this statement:

“In response to increasing demand for Guardian commodities, my company aims to facilitate access to the area once occupied by the Guardians. This will involve the construction of a megaship to transport pilots to and from this comparatively inaccessible region.”

“Five systems have been highlighted as potential destinations, and we’d like to invite the galactic community to decide which of these should serve as the termination point for the megaship. We will then build an outpost in the chosen system, and the megaship will enter service.”

“We hope that this initiative will stimulate new innovations in the field of Guardian-human technology.”

How do you get involved?

Zende Partners have identified five locations in Guardian space where they will not only set up an outpost, but fund the creation of a Megaship ferry that will take Commanders from the system of Zende to a location voted for by the community
  • Candidate System #001 - IC 2391 Sector FL-X b1-7
  • Candidate System #002 - Synuefe IL-N C23-19
  • Candidate System #003 - Synuefe EN-H d11-96
  • Candidate System #004 - Synuefe GT-H b43-1
  • Candidate System #005 - Synuefe PF-E b45-5
It's an ambitious plan. With easier access to Guardian technology, Zende Partners hope to build and develop new technology to benefit the human race... and, perhaps, their economic standings.

To get involved with this first phase of Bridging the Gap, all you need to do is cast your vote above!

You have from now until 6 May 2019 at 11:00 AM (UTC) to vote for your choice of destination. Choose wisely!

Join us aboard the Stargazer!

To assist you in making an informed decision, the flight team of the “Stargazer” will take you on a visit to one of the Guardian Sites and talk about what your options are during the next episode of the livestream series: “Stargazing Tours”. Tune in at 18:00 (UTC) on 2 May on either YouTube, Twitch or Mixer.

Good luck, Commanders.
Great ! A small video made by Zende Partners to higlight the difference between each systems would have been nice :)

Kind of system, distance from Sol, Guardian site is easy (or not) to land with medium / large ships, etc.

Will Flanagan

Community Manager
Staff member
Great ! A small video made by Zende Partners to higlight the difference between each systems would have been nice :)

Kind of system, distance from Sol, Guardian site is easy (or not) to land with medium / large ships, etc.
Hey CMDR Wendake,

We'll be going through the details about the Guardian sites (and the systems) on the livestream this Thursday!

I vote for the system connected to the guardian beacon I discovered first, even though both the ingame codex and fd does not give me credit for scouring all these systems around (it took a lot of patience and time), probably assigning the discovery to someone else.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/yet-another-guardian-beacon.444629/

Thatchinho found proof that I was not the first: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-guardian-research-division.413129/post-6960423
Kudos to Cleonymus

Last edited:
NameSupercruise distanceBlueprintGuardian Ruin as well?Distance from Sol
Synuefe PF-E b45-759 759 lsVesselNo782.75 ly
Synuefe GT-H b43-127,767 lsModuleNo777.17 ly
Synuefe EN-H d11-962,328 lsVesselNo783.98 ly
Synuefe IL-N C23-192,037 lsVesselNo680.75 ly
IC 2391 Sector FL-X b1-753lsVesselYes618.51 ly

Synuefe EN-H d11-96 is looking best candidate IMHO

Last edited:

Nicou

Volunteer Moderator
Don't get me wrong I'm really happy about Interstellar Initiatives, stories supported by features!! <3

But... it's only for the English speaking community + those who read the forums + no hauling to build megaship or outpost + no description about these systems so players will randomly vote one system.
And we have to wait one week? The first step is to vote for a system we have no details on? Hmm, I don't know what to think about it.

Top Bottom