Bridging the Gap - Phase One - Commencement

Which system, in Guardian space, would you like the megaship ferry to permanently travel to?

• IC 2391 Sector FL-X b1-7

Votes: 1,076 30.9%
  • Synuefe IL-N C23-19

Votes: 224 6.4%
  • Synuefe EN-H d11-96

Votes: 1,368 39.3%
  • Synuefe GT-H b43-1

Votes: 655 18.8%
  • Synuefe PF-E b45-5

Votes: 154 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to agree that this vote is a bit underwhelming, and it should really take place in-game. I'm all for Frontier taking a more active hand in curating the evolving story of Elite and in giving players more agency, but having a forum vote with five identical (for all intents and purposes) options isn't the best way to kick it off.

Starting the vote now and telling everyone that there will be more information later to actually inform the voting process is definitely backwards, too.

Last edited:
It's not them trying something new that's the problem, it's the consistent disconnect between what they assume to be a good idea and the reality. It really does seem like no one at Fdev actually plays their own game. Seriously, all they need to do is ask someone 'is this a good idea?' before proceeding and they would save themselves so much embarassment.
fair point, but seriously would you come here with an idea if you were 99.9% sure nobody would like it, even if it was really a good idea?

They do at Ipswich Town Football Club.
they don't count due to Ipswich Town being submerged in 3305

I have to agree that this vote is a bit underwhelming, and it should really take place in-game. I'm all for Frontier taking a more active hand in curating the evolving story of Elite and in giving players more agency, but having a forum vote with five identical (for all intends and purposes) options isn't the best way to kick it off.

Starting the vote now and telling everyone that there will be more information later to actually inform the voting process is definitely backwards, too.
I agree. It would have been nice for this poll to have been in game, In the same capacity that we get to make a choice when entering into a CZ (choosing a side to fight for) the ability in game to select and choose an option allowing the game to then change state as a result already exists.

If When we log into the ED we got a message in our inbox telling us about the interstellar initiative with the selections listed and the use of in game tools available to help us make that choice, like linking to the galaxy map, or related Galnet articles etc.

Even a Galnet news page with this all written on it with and ability to make a selection would have been useful.

Last edited:
EN, PF and GT are all in a cluster within a ~30ly radius (one jump). GT gives a module blueprint (the only one) and the other 2 give vessel ones. So GT makes the most sense all in all, there should be enough Guardian structures /ruins in each of the systems. Voted for #4 therefore. EN is the most popular though, any of these three are ok IMHO.

Thinking about it, none of those systems are far out. We could simply fly there and check - and find out which of them are broken this time (or not) ;)

EDIT: Canonn ofc found all of them before. And just to add, the module blueprints are the most useful tbh, the vessel blueprints only unlock the AX fighters. Weapons not in the mix this time.

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

We just wanted to let you know that we’ve been reading your feedback and shared it with the team. We’ll be taking it on board for this current and future Interstellar Initiative(s).

As mentioned in the OP, Bridging the Gap is composed of several phases, the following of which will be focused entirely within the game itself.

While we intended to delve a little deeper in to the candidate systems on this Thursday’s livestream, we’ve collated some information about the options here.
It's beginning to look like frontier are totally disconnected from the player base. The forums and your loveless dead streams are not what the game should be focussed on. CGs were pretty dull but at least were an in-game focal point for player activity. The last 2 months seem almost engineered to kill PvP. We need meaningful events that happen in open mode. Salami was how I first heard about this game

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Hello everyone,

We just wanted to let you know that we’ve been reading your feedback and shared it with the team. We’ll be taking it on board for this current and future Interstellar Initiative(s).

As mentioned in the OP, Bridging the Gap is composed of several phases, the following of which will be focused entirely within the game itself.

While we intended to delve a little deeper in to the candidate systems on this Thursday’s livestream, we’ve collated some information about the options here.
Great to hear that feedback is being taken on board. Looking forward to the next phases and whatever is ahead. Hoping for a good narrative too with some meaningful impact on the galaxy.

Sounds to me like FD are kicking this off with a poll to allow us (the forum community) to get involved early, before everyone can.

(y)

Or because the major bugs have set back development of the in-game stuff for a week or two. Not really sure how development works though... Dunno if you can develop and bug fix at the same time...:unsure:

I love how they are in this thread fawning over it and hearing feedback while people are pouring scorn over the idea from various angles and yet after 4 months of FSS complaints we cant even get any acknowlagement. Just reinforces the idea that peoples complaints over the FSS are being deliberately ignored.

fair point, but seriously would you come here with an idea if you were 99.9% sure nobody would like it, even if it was really a good idea?
I wouldn't but I'm not Fdev. If this was an isolated incident I would agree with you but we see this kind of thing happening regularly.

Hello everyone,

Thanks Will!!! Much appreciated.

Top Bottom