Bridging the Gap - Phase One - Commencement

Which system, in Guardian space, would you like the megaship ferry to permanently travel to?

• IC 2391 Sector FL-X b1-7

Votes: 1,076 30.9%
  • Synuefe IL-N C23-19

Votes: 224 6.4%
  • Synuefe EN-H d11-96

Votes: 1,368 39.3%
  • Synuefe GT-H b43-1

Votes: 655 18.8%
  • Synuefe PF-E b45-5

Votes: 154 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Amazing so you shot down CG to let us vote at the forum and than mabe doing 3 chained together CG like the old one. How poor is this. If you do stuff like this Salt is yours. Would be worth if the megaship travels to colonia but 700 ly thats a lol. Thought about playing and flying back from colonia but no i wont play and won´t buy stuff. Watch your steam charts thats the graph how well you do.

We are sailing
We are sailing
Cross the void
To be plundering
Ancient tech and thingmabobs

We are voting
For where it ends
It'd take 12 jumps
In a DBX
But we'll have a ferry cross the murky
And home again

While it seems weird to be having a vote outside the game I'll just pick whatever.
The video of the merits of the systems could/should have been up today.
The power play voting system could have been retconned to work for this.
I was looking forward to participating on something in game today.
Oh well guess I'll just click a button on a website.
This just feels very cobbled together at the last minute. I hope, going forward, to see less of this and more in game events.
This would have been a perfect time to have information on Galnet be relevent to the game.

I was initially sickened by the quality of people's responses. And ashamed.

What must FDev think of their player base that so many are so quick to shoot their mouths off in such a negative, uncooperative, and uncommunity (yeah, I said it) way! But when you strip away that childish bile, that entitled petulance. Yes, I mean you! Don't think it was someone else: unless you put your opinion in a respectful, positive, and collaborative, constructive manner, then I was talking about you. You think that running roughshod over someone on the internet is okay because you don't have to see their face while you do it?

For the purposes of this complaint, I don't care about how much you have "had to put up with". Become part of the solution and show some respect.

When you strip away all that, some people made good points. But I'm still sickened with disrespect etc.

WHY DID I HAVE TO STRIP AWAY ALL THAT? Why do lots of us avoid the forums? It's because of your actions! The actions of the same people who I described just now. Your actions.

Last edited:
I was hopeing this was going to be the thing to get me back into ED, but have to join the echos bouncing about why wasn't or why isn't this in game. Has it even made it to Galnet in any shape or form?

This whole voting on forums thing seems rather disjointed and out of context with what I thought the Interstellar Initiatives were going to be about, and tbh the thought of a ferry to one the Guardian sites smells a bit like more hand holding, where is the sense of adventure in catching a ride to a place that is meant to be out of the way not too far but you have to think right Im going.

Ok It takes some of the mind numbing honk and jump out of it, but whats next ferry to Colonia, with a option to Sag A.

What must FDev think of their player base that so many are so quick to shoot their mouths off in such a negative, uncooperative, and uncommunity (yeah, I said it) way! But when you strip away that childish bile, that entitled petulance.
Im finding it hilarious tbh.

whats next ferry to Colonia, with a option to Sag A.
I hope not but i wouldnt be surprised. People dont want to actually fly their ships after all.

What must FDev think of their player base that so many are so quick to shoot their mouths off in such a negative, uncooperative, and uncommunity (yeah, I said it) way! But when you strip away that childish bile, that entitled petulance. Yes, I mean you! Don't think it was someone else: unless you put your opinion in a respectful, positive, and collaborative, constructive manner, then I was talking about you. You think that running roughshod over someone on the internet is okay because you don't have to see their face while you do it?

For the purposes of this complaint, I don't care about how much you have "had to put up with". Become part of the solution and show some respect.

When you strip away all that, some people made good points. But I'm still sickened with disrespect etc.

WHY DID I HAVE TO STRIP AWAY ALL THAT? Why do lots of us avoid the forums? It's because of your actions! The actions of the same people who I described just now. Your actions.
Cool story.... However...

Its telling that some of the mods (some present, some past) share the majority of the thoughts in the comments in this thread !

Hello everyone,

We just wanted to let you know that we’ve been reading your feedback and shared it with the team. We’ll be taking it on board for this current and future Interstellar Initiative(s).

As mentioned in the OP, Bridging the Gap is composed of several phases, the following of which will be focused entirely within the game itself.

While we intended to delve a little deeper in to the candidate systems on this Thursday’s livestream, we’ve collated some information about the options here.
You must have anticipated this lukewarm reception though?
What made the team think that this is what players wanted?
Why implement things this way?
What specifically will you be looking to change in future?

don't know why people keep bringing up the travel distance from the main star though. The mega ship gets parked right next to a burning station and takes all of 6 sec to go from point A to point B. So I would imagine this would be the same case here. And on a side note for Cannon's Indy-kroft experiment we gathered and delivered over 4,000 relics that was a huge time sink to fill a cutter 2 or 3 at a time that in the end had zero effect on fending off thargoid attacks and surely hope
that this does not turn into something like that.

I wouldn't but I'm not Fdev. If this was an isolated incident I would agree with you but we see this kind of thing happening regularly.
look I know a lot of people here have been pc players since day one, and probably know this game better than anyone else, but since I joined just before the ps4 release I have seen mistakes from both sides of this debate over disconnect. so please understand that I am not defending any side, but as I see it everyone is either complaining or giving FDev constructive feedback about the start of this first II. and yes FDev's track record this year and a half has been more miss than hit, what I have been trying to say is I understand that FDev might have made the equivalent of Brexit with how they handled this. but I would prefer to withhold judgement until it has finished, sort of like the tortoise and the hare.

Let's face it they could of done everything we have said to begin with then ruined everything afterwards and turned it in to CG's 2.0, so I prefer to wait and see if they actually improve II's so the future is brighter. and before anyone says it I know this might never actually happen, but I prefer glass half full than glass half empty.

As I am currently in Colonia, I won't visit the sites, so I will sell my vote for the highest bid in stuffz. So, who offers me which stuffz to vote for which site?

(or convince me by convincing arguments which convince me)
Scoundrel! My vote is not for sale!

Though pledges to purchase a fine Federal or Alliance vessel from the Carcosa Shipyard will certainly not go unnoticed.

The Dangerous Games were epic.

You didn't apply in game to be in the Dangerous Games, you applied via a website outside of the game. All the updates were outside of the game. The only thing in the game that changed was CGs and then the new powerplay Yuri Grom appeared. All explanation was done via forums and fdev streams. It worked well, it was epic...

So yeah lets not get all too uppity that you have to use the forums, lets just hope these initiatives can match the drama of the Dangerous Games.

Lets Make Interstellar Initiatives Great Again!

If you avoid the forums, you won't even get the chance to can't vote.

Last edited:
Shame, I was really looking forward to this. I was expecting something in game to happen and give us a choice in galnet screens. I was positively thinking the recent update had features allowing the galnet screens to do this.

We shoukdnt be voting on here or checking out YouTube

But the need for a ferry, wow I'm speechless.
When I heard this I was thinking of the guardian site jus over half way to colonia, but the ones picked st only 734ly away at worst.

I've been to many guadian site much further by flying my ship repeated times.

Sack the ferry, pointless. Flying or jumping isn't a problem.

Maybe once this starts there is something going to happen at the chosen site, who knows.
I hope this turns good in the end, and this is just poor start.

I'm just disappointed, I was so looking forward to it

Top Bottom