Bridging the Gap - Phase One - Commencement

Which system, in Guardian space, would you like the megaship ferry to permanently travel to?

• IC 2391 Sector FL-X b1-7

Votes: 1,076 30.9%
  • Synuefe IL-N C23-19

Votes: 224 6.4%
  • Synuefe EN-H d11-96

Votes: 1,368 39.3%
  • Synuefe GT-H b43-1

Votes: 655 18.8%
  • Synuefe PF-E b45-5

Votes: 154 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Considering they just revamped the "new player experience" inside the game it seems relatively critical they do something about actually getting the new players into the game at all, with minimal risk of refund!
Yeah, that does seem to be one of the more epic fails. Not even an official thread about it, so nothing to direct people to.

I disagree about not having the tools needed, FD have everything they need to build a really compelling event that beings together the game, here and social media. Its down to a matter of planning, execution, enthusiasm and talent. FD simply don't learn about interconnected events; Galnet stories out of order, uninspiring CGs, its just breaks my heart. After a few seconds thought someone who plays the game would see why do you need a bus to go to a site thats not that far away? What makes that special?

I have doubts FD like putting in time supporting parts of ED; for example its obvious that they loved the idea of Powerplay only to choke when they realised it required a decent level of support from them, and that it might give players agency. They then dropped it and the communities that play it- I see the same pattern starting again. ED is unique in FDs portfolio as it is a two way community where the game is supposedly driven by us and FD react to it. Sadly FD don't get or understand that drive and give us worthwhile things to do harnessing that enthusiasm. In short FD need to devote much, much more time to things like Interstellar Initiatives, and really come up with a robust unfolding story that really makes engaging with it worthwhile.

I don't know- maybe this is just a test run for greater things...but ED needs a shot in the arm quickly because its run out of steam lore and direction wise. We have disjointed Galnet stories and mentions of Raxxla, half baked non invasions of Thargoids, Guardian AIs that could / might want to harm us someday, underused Powerplay and Powerplay Tier 1 NPCs- its like being given a giant box of Lego only to use a few bricks over and over.
What you're talking about is spending money, by the company, on the game. :)

Poor Will and Paige. You can only do the best with the tools your given I guess. I mean that sincerely, and we all like you both!
I was just wondering, is the ferry service the final result of the new initiative ? I was wondering as there are due to be series of stages which can apparently affect the outcome, as I understand. And if the outcome is the ferry to one of the locations anyway...

Flimley

Last edited:
I was just wondering, is the ferry service the final result of the new initiative ? I was wondering as there are due to be series of stages which can apparently affect the outcome, as I understand. And if the outcome is the ferry to one of the locations anyway...

Flimley
In which case, purely hypothetically, there would also be a way to oppose the construction of this "ferry service" in order to maintain the sanctity of the Guardian region? :whistle:

@Stealthie ..I suppose. But, I don’t mind where the service goes, or, if not at all. I’m happy either way. \o/
I would say at this stage of the announcement I feel supremely indifferent with the information supplied for the whole deal. Maybe it’s my age showing.

Flimley

Last edited:
Need to bear in mind that fdev view ED as an evolving galaxy - they won't reveal the future as that breaks the immersion. That's how things happen IRL too - decisions made on minimal information.

Pretty sure (myself) that this is just an opening stage, unless everyone boycotts it then it will succeed, and then we see what happens - hopefully later stages will allow us a bit more affect on the outcome (I don't really thing a few LY difference in system will matter). the SC distance on the current 3rd choice is a bit of a puzzle (why people - why?).

But anyway - Hooray for Flimley \o/

Need to bear in mind that fdev view ED as an evolving galaxy - they won't reveal the future as that breaks the immersion. That's how things happen IRL too - decisions made on minimal information.

Pretty sure (myself) that this is just an opening stage, unless everyone boycotts it then it will succeed, and then we see what happens - hopefully later stages will allow us a bit more affect on the outcome (I don't really thing a few LY difference in system will matter). the SC distance on the current 3rd choice is a bit of a puzzle (why people - why?).

But anyway - Hooray for Flimley \o/
The other underused story is the Guardian AI- what going to happen with them? I bet they are loving the fleshbags nicking their clobber.

I guessed that question was a nonstarter really Fac, but In this case the absence of information or overall story structure to this initiative isn’t stirring any emotion, thoughts, speculation, or anything else in me. Maybe I was hoping for some kind of three pronged opposing storyline of where the main protagonists offered each of us some kind of.... uugghhh. anyway I’m sure Thursdays livestream will reveal all.

I’m not complaining. Maybe I am being impatient. Anyway Well done everyone. \o/

Flimley

Last edited:

Will Flanagan

Community Manager
Frontier

Flimley
Hi Flimley!

Nope, the ferry service is not the final result; it's just the beginning!

There will be an additional phase where Commanders can affect the outcome, of which will be in the game itself. :)

- Not Flimley

I guessed that question was a nonstarter really Fac, but In this case the absence of information or overall story structure to this initiative isn’t stirring any emotion, thoughts, speculation, or anything else in me.
Yeah, I guess I'm pretty burned out on the story - after 18 months of the Thargoids attacking the bubble and Galnet basically ignoring it. Isn't it supposed to be a news network, telling us where is in peril, what's been won, what lost, how the war is going ...... nope - nothing. Ah well.

In some ways it's hopeful that the Zende crew aren't saying what they are after - maybe that means we get to choose .... hope springs eternal.

Edit: Ninjad by Will, always good!

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Hi Flimley!

There will be an additional phase where Commanders can affect the outcome, of which will be in the game itself. :)

- Not Flimley
Thank you! This gives a bit more context and sounds much more optimistic :)

[Edit: LOL!!!] Never seen a belief that wasn't 50% LIE ;)
Or much much more if you include eligion
In which case, purely hypothetically, there would also be a way to oppose the construction of this "ferry service" in order to maintain the sanctity of the Guardian region? :whistle:
While it could be a good gameplay addition there would gather groups opposed to the construction simply to oppose something... look at the past, Livestream in Open = Gankers
DW2 = Gankers, this would follow the same path were it to build something to shoot at, and that could be good with the exception of the C&P system being so lenient if complex.. if the Death meant Death and a restart then I'd understand that someone is willing to lay down their lives to protect the sanctity of the elder races.

Unless I completely misunderstood your meaning... (I do that sometimes)

So are we going to get daily Galnet stories that give us background on this new megacorp, saying what they stand for and who hates them/ do a bit of lore building? Each day you could also highlight each choice in game via Galnet....you could send us secret messages via server broadcast making us doubt what Galnet and Zende are saying.

Please also don't forget that we have the AI that wiped out the Guardians 'somewhere' and we are picking over the bones of the race they murdered, and Thargoids that hate everyone.

I only managed to read 6 pages of bitchin'. And people * with passion, like is anyone reading it...
Still wading through,bro.Way i read it as jailbreak weekend with a side order of tomb raiding/open fest. Gankes'n'Pirats hanging roun the hatchling sites waiting for some swanky b-hatch with legs who gon solo anyway.
But may be wrong.So far zende got my vote.

Hi Flimley!

- Not Flimley
That's what I needed to know.
Just wanted to know that there is a plot, not which plot and that that plot is not "bring materials to build big ship that everyone thinks will jump once a week in an area pretty near to the bubble", because there has been hype, and if it's a longer CG and nothing more... that'll be sad. (Thats why my plan B is roleplaying since I like the Elite Universe).

Top Bottom