Bridging the Gap - Phase One - Commencement

Which system, in Guardian space, would you like the megaship ferry to permanently travel to?

• IC 2391 Sector FL-X b1-7

Votes: 1,076 30.9%
  • Synuefe IL-N C23-19

Votes: 224 6.4%
  • Synuefe EN-H d11-96

Votes: 1,368 39.3%
  • Synuefe GT-H b43-1

Votes: 655 18.8%
  • Synuefe PF-E b45-5

Votes: 154 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So... we had to wait more than a month for what, a forum poll? And next week what is gonna be, maybe the same old commodity grind to actually move the megaship?

This is extremly disappointing, especially considering the expectations you built upon this new type of event. So we're voting now for what seems to be a "fast travel" thing to the Guardian bubble because people are bored (or unable?) to travel that far away.

Really, how could you even think that people wouldn't criticize you all for this? I can understand bugs, sloppy design choices and everything else, Elite Dangerous is a vast and complicated game and it can't be perfect of course, but this is far beyond any human comprehension, how could you lack the basic empathy to not be worried about how a negative impact this would have on the community?

We could have voted during the LAST MONTH waiting for this "new" thing to be ready, come on.

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Frontier
Hello Commanders,

There's been some great feedback in this thread, and we hear what you're saying about context for the five selectable locations! Keep an eye out for a post from us later today here on the forums, where we'll provide some information about each of the systems, local amenities and more.

Hello Commanders,

There's been some great feedback in this thread, and we hear what you're saying about context for the five selectable locations! Keep an eye out for a post from us later today here on the forums, where we'll provide some information about each of the systems, local amenities and more.
We got all the local amenities off EDSM, don't strain yourself getting the info too we already done the leg work, you go have a sit down.

Last edited:
It’s a nice idea, but at the moment I think the vote is lacking a bit of context. It may as well just have said vote a, b, c, d, e with nothing extra as it stands.

I’d suggest the optimum option here would be whichever of those systems is in the most densely populated (in term of sites) area as this would provide the most ready access to the most sites.

Just had a quick look, and in terms of that, can knock the first two off the list.

The last 3 are right next to each other, so no real difference between them in terms of general location.

Need more to go off! Edit - Ninja'd by @besieger and @Factabulous ! Nice one, both!

Based on info so far, agreed with Factabulous's recommendation of Synuefe EN-H d11-96.

Last edited:
Well this is a tad awkward.

The voting would have to take place in-game (i.e. GALnet article and Mission Board [where CG signups used to be, that's where people likely look 1st anyway], linking to a simple voting screen in the HUD.

That'd allow all participants (non-english speakers, non-Forum users) to not only get the news and read up about the upcoming all-new Interstellar Initiatives - but also cast their vote now from anywhere, in-game and from inside their Ships.

A livestream about the vote might be neat, but by then the vote will have sit there active since 4 days already - with only EDSM/EDDB and other Users coming to the rescue as why to vote for any specific of these Systems.
I'd reckon 90% of all Players or more would be absolutely clueless about these Systems, with no basis to make a decision onto.

So currently, we have a brand new event type people are looking forward to, that is
  • beginning outside of the game
  • being streamed about (with explanations) outside of the game
  • in a Game that's said to suffer like no other from "almost everything takes place outside of the Game" ;)
Hey I'll cast my vote and see how things start rolling nonetheless. Let's see how this plays out, should be interesting to watch.

Last edited:
Hello Commanders,

Maybe this is starting off slow. But challenge us.

It seems like a tiny step in the right direction, engaging the player.... However:
  1. Why is the vote not present or even mentioned on the games Launcher
  2. Why is there no further information on these systems (i know others have posted details, but that is besides the point)
  3. This should be in game. Kinda reminds me about the "clever" way Thargoids were introduced. ie lets put a smart sound file on a UA and folks have to decipher it outside of the game. Everything that is in the game, should be found/solved in the game. Without EDB, Inara, EDshipyard, Discord etc etc, you loose half the game.
Sounds a bit like Brexit TBH, nobody knows what they are voting for.

Clearly they want to increase usage of their official forums, with this stunt. I mean it's a way of doing it.

And these are just "plans" to get a megaship + outpost there. I'm sure the Thargoids will respond and invade, and the community will have to get involved with defending the place, because why not. So, IMO, one module location and the rest ship locations, let's ruin a ship location with a Thargoid invasion.

I wonder how is (or even if) this appears Galnet. The vast majority of gamers never sign up for forums, especially on console. An in-game solution would be better. Zende Partners could offer a single data delivery mission, and they could have scout ships in each of these systems. Whichever system you deliver the data to is the one you support with your "vote". That's how I would have done it, then everyone could have participated who wanted to, not just an elect few in the forums.

Don't worry, I'm not upset. If anything, this falls under the "I don't really care" category. I just find the "you have to use the forum to participate in the game" mechanic to be..... Odd.
There's no reason they couldn't add a voting option to the game UI if they really wanted to.

Is all of this going to involve driving around forever in that stupid SRV? I can't stand the SRV! Please let me know now if this is the case, so I can just skip this endeavor all together. Unless you're planning on fixing the damn thing, or introducing a "skimmer like" version, or anything that doesn't drive like crap. That's how much I hate the SRV.
Thanks.

One other thing. Unless this megaship is going to be unlike any other megaship out there, it’s only going to jump during the Thursday maintenance period right? So a week to get out there, and a week to get back? It takes no more than an hour round trip, even in a sub-optimal ship.

Top Bottom