Bridging the Gap - Phase One - Commencement

Which system, in Guardian space, would you like the megaship ferry to permanently travel to?

• IC 2391 Sector FL-X b1-7

Votes: 1,076 30.9%
  • Synuefe IL-N C23-19

Votes: 224 6.4%
  • Synuefe EN-H d11-96

Votes: 1,368 39.3%
  • Synuefe GT-H b43-1

Votes: 655 18.8%
  • Synuefe PF-E b45-5

Votes: 154 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
…Keep an eye out for a post from us later today here on the forums, where we'll provide some information about each of the systems, local amenities and more.
Next time please give us the information before setting up a vote.
Or better, next time don't make an out of the game vote, stream and forum post about something that was announced as in-game gameplay. Forums and YouTube aren't gameplay.

why are are there more " ship " sites ? and then wouldn't you need to scan a beacon for a key in a completely different system BEFORE going to the ship blueprint generator site. If the intent is to in someway introduce some sort of new hybrid full size ship that would be great but you would have to put a new beacon in the same system as the blueprint generator. If this is an attempt to further the new player experience then i would have to vote for the one module site because of the FSD booster is by far the most usefull tech for new players because being able to use it on every single ship in game.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Here are some of my initial thoughts for Bridging the Gap, based on the initial post and the information we have so far:

1) VOTING / COMMUNITY IMPACT

We have a voting system in Powerplay... It's really puzzling to see the voting take place outside of the game. Why not use some in game system? Why limit the galactic community impact to only the people that visit the forums? I suspect it must a small fraction of all the game community.

2) NARRATIVE

While I love the narrative driven events and this is something I always wanted in game... Well the last 2 words of my previous sentence are the key. It kind of ties up with my first point above. The narrative is presented on the forums and on YouTube, rather than in game. Not really what I was expecting. Will the inevitable Galnet article in game mention "Please visit the forums to vote"? If so... I don't even want to comment on that.

3) PURPOSE

Most of the locations are for Guardian SLF's blueprints. G-SLF's are for fighting Thargoids, by design at least. The Thargoids are end-game content. End-game type of players have ships that can get to those locations within 30 minutes. I presume the megaship will be going once a day or something like that. What's the point? Unless it'll be constantly cruising back and forth, every hour - then it KIND OF makes sense, but still...

All in all - I can't say it's not disappointing - it is.

I am still looking forward to it however, as at this point we have very little information about the context of this event. I also want to see what actual impact on the game world this will have, because if the "impact" is the destination location for the ferry service... it's not really meaningful at all to be fair and it will be even more disappointing.

I'm not giving up hope just yet though.

Hey Will / FD,
Firstly really appreciate that you're trying to do something new and different, thank you.

Some feedback:
  • There is no context for the choices. I know you're doing a live stream but something on the thread announcement would be good too?
    • Also, we don't all have time to watch the stream but might still want to be involved.
  • Echo others in saying that there should be a way of making the choice in game, not out on forums/reddit etc. This is really important IMHO.
  • Is the destination system actually a meaningful choice? I'll try and watch the stream to see how you present that.
Cheers o7

I still haven't cast my vote. Somebody start a new thread in DD demanding that shadows get fixed on PS4, and I'll vote for whatever you tell me to!

Buy me, I'm for sale 🤑

Here are some of my initial thoughts for Bridging the Gap, based on the initial post and the information we have so far:

1) VOTING / COMMUNITY IMPACT

We have a voting system in Powerplay... It's really puzzling to see the voting take place outside of the game. Why not use some in game system? Why limit the galactic community impact to only the people that visit the forums? I suspect it must a small fraction of all the game community.

2) NARRATIVE

While I love the narrative driven events and this is something I always wanted in game... Well the last 2 words of my previous sentence are the key. It kind of ties up with my first point above. The narrative is presented on the forums and on YouTube, rather than in game. Not really what I was expecting. Will the inevitable Galnet article in game mention "Please visit the forums to vote"? If so... I don't even want to comment on that.

3) PURPOSE

Most of the locations are for Guardian SLF's blueprints. G-SLF's are for fighting Thargoids, by design at least. The Thargoids are end-game content. End-game type of players have ships that can get to those locations within 30 minutes. I presume the megaship will be going once a day or something like that. What's the point? Unless it'll be constantly cruising back and forth, every hour - then it KIND OF makes sense, but still...

All in all - I can't say it's not disappointing - it is.

I am still looking forward to it however, as at this point we have very little information about the context of this event. I also want to see what actual impact on the game world this will have, because if the "impact" is the destination location for the ferry service... it's not really meaningful at all to be fair and it will be even more disappointing.

I'm not giving up hope just yet though.
I totally agree with these remarks and have the same questions.
Rep +1

As I am currently in Colonia, I won't visit the sites, so I will sell my vote for the highest bid in stuffz. So, who offers me which stuffz to vote for which site?

(or convince me by convincing arguments which convince me)

I'm near Beagle Point and will decline to vote on this partly out of game event that I will not be able to participate in and to not affect the outcome of the other commanders choices, that are able to participate.

Top Bottom