Bridging the Gap - Phase One - Commencement

Which system, in Guardian space, would you like the megaship ferry to permanently travel to?

• IC 2391 Sector FL-X b1-7

Votes: 1,076 30.9%
  • Synuefe IL-N C23-19

Votes: 224 6.4%
  • Synuefe EN-H d11-96

Votes: 1,368 39.3%
  • Synuefe GT-H b43-1

Votes: 655 18.8%
  • Synuefe PF-E b45-5

Votes: 154 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We need a DM,a Dedicated StoryTeller to organize and orchestrate the events,planning and execution with a flow...also wouldn't be better the ships to be AI piloted?have them to and fro ferrying instead of waiting a week for the travel?last fun I had was with Salome and yes iwas kinda salty at her demise..by a known magician...
We're here because Frontier is a bad DM.

The whole event also wasn't the same for everyone. Although I was there for the anticipated trip to the Cone sector, I was very well aware of the possibility of a Thargoid attack and even expected it. Not sure if I was just too late, but besides a little drama and alarming, panic inducing sounds all that was actually there when I arrived where a few scouts that I couldn't kill in my underprepared Cobra (I tried) but they also didn't render a serious danger to me. Still all opt in at this stage when I was there. I'm still all for serious, non optional danger from the Thargoids but the Gnosis certainly was it, at least not for me. From what I've gathered, the greatest and true danger was in the early hours of this event when it still was totally bug ridden and I still wonder how many commanders actually lost their ships as a result of these bugs than actually by Thargoids.

That said, a little more honesty from FD and Canonn (if they actually were inducted into the technical impossibility to reach the Cone sector) would have come a long way.

Last edited:
FD tweets teased about real time Thargoid attacks, heavily hinted top end Thargoids, people should have read the signs which were quite clear- the Gnosis was going to see a new sort of trouble. It demonstrated the gulf between mindsets- one was ready for danger and accepted it, while the other hoped it would be locked away because everything is peaceful 'unless I say so' and would never change. Its also did not help there was a conflict between Canonn and FD, with people thinking the former had ascendancy.
I'm afraid you don't listen or simply don't want to understand. It was by far not that black and white as you're portraying it. I was certainly not the only one who very well expected the Thargoid threat but wasn't there exclusively for the pew pew. This event promised so much more - on top of the likely danger.

I voted on Synuefe PF-E b45-5 because it's the middle point of this region and also has a Guardian Settlement.

Now my personal feedback: I haven't played Elite Dangerous since Aug 2017. The latest updates weren't interesting enough to bring me back to the game.
This initiatives though, seem interesting and brought me back to the game.
I'm loving the changes to the game, both graphical and some gameplay systems.
It's good to be back.

The only downside, for me, of this initiative at least, is the voting taking place on the forums and not in game.

Lets see where it goes!

I'm afraid you don't listen or simply don't want to understand. It was by far not that black and white as you're portraying it. I was certainly not the only one who very well expected the Thargoid threat but wasn't there exclusively for the pew pew. This event promised so much more - on top of the likely danger.
I disagree. It was warned before the event that this voyage would venture into closed thargoid territory despite pilots fed warning and that a new threat "Hydra" would await them.
But people used their meta-game knowledge thinking thargoids are opt-in so nothing bad can happen. Seems like they were wrong.
source https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/5b86af3f5efed618853e99c3
By the way, I was there first with an explorer, then when hearing about the thargoids I went back and brought an AX FDS and even later, just before the start
I jumped back and fetched my PvP FdL because I got wind of people wanting to gank the explorers and I was white-knighting (without success :LOL:)
I agree on the bug-ridden start, though. Having hydras in the instance blasting CMDRs before they could lift off was certainly not intended.

I disagree. It was warned before the event that this voyage would venture into closed thargoid territory despite pilots fed warning and that a new threat "Hydra" would await them.
But how did these statements exclude a later continuation of the journey? Was the Gnosis blown up or what.
It's really hard to push PewPew'ers even slightly off the rail. LOL

But how did these statements exclude a later continuation of the journey? Was the Gnosis blown up or what.
It's really hard to push PewPew'ers even slightly off the rail. LOL
What about the words "the Pilots Federation has sealed off the Cone Sector FN-J B9-0 system, which is believed to contain high concentrations of Hydra Interceptors. Despite this, it is understood that the Gnosis, flagship of the Canonn Interstellar Research Group, will attempt to complete its scheduled jump into the now permit-locked system "
made you think the Gnosis would continue? This time I use metagaming too, and say Canonn tried to weasel around the permit lock, and FD called their bluff and raised the game.

And the only one off the rail is you LOL.

What about the words "the Pilots Federation has sealed off the Cone Sector FN-J B9-0 system, which is believed to contain high concentrations of Hydra Interceptors.
This statement is very much date sensitive: If it was published in the middle of the event or even as an explanation afterwards for why the journey was canceled this argument is meaningless.
As a side note, you got my "of the rails" totally wrong. I was implying that PewPew'ers seem to be thinking on rails, not how you apparently thought it was meant. :p

This statement is very much date sensitive: If it was published in the middle of the event or even as an explanation afterwards for why the journey was canceled this argument is meaningless.
As a side note, you got my "of the rails" totally wrong. I was implying that PewPew'ers seem to be thinking on rails, not how you apparently thought it was meant. :p
The statement is from August 30, 7 days before the event. And if I misunderstood, I blame TJ :LOL:

The statement is from August 30, 7 days before the event. And if I misunderstood, I blame TJ :LOL:
Then the context is different. You know, the reason why the cone sector was so attractive was precisely because it was permit locked. Guess I didn't read too much into the wording "sealed off" as I was interpreting it as just another expression of "permit locked". I still would interpret it this way and I'm pretty sure for most explorers it had triggered exactly the same expectations at this time.

Last edited:
On the Gnosis:

If you put on a show and the majority of the audience walk away muttering "Well, that really stank", you can argue all you like that it was the right show and the audience just didn't understand it, but the show is still a failure. Too many shows like that and the theatre will close.

Nobody here wants the theatre to close. But we would appreciate a few more shows that leave us looking forward to our next visit to the theatre.

On the Gnosis:

If you put on a show and the majority of the audience walk away muttering "Well, that really stank", you can argue all you like that it was the right show and the audience just didn't understand it, but the show is still a failure. Too many shows like that and the theatre will close.

Nobody here wants the theatre to close. But we would appreciate a few more shows that leave us looking forward to our next visit to the theatre.
We used to measure how bad a movie was by how long it took to hit the base theater.

You would not believe how fast the first version of "Dune" made it... :)

Greetings Commanders

Today's good deed:

A tip for new commanders, or commanders who have not visited Guardian Structure sites before, is to fit a point defence to one of the utility mounts on top of your ship (it must be on top of the ship). The point defence will automatically attempt to shoot-down any missiles launched by Guardian Sentinels - this can greatly increase your SRV's longevity.

Note that you must land your ship reasonably close to the Guardian site, as the point defence turret has a limited range. It's also handy to remember that the point defence cannot shoot through objects, so landing behind a hill or other object is likely to reduce the defensive benefit the turret provides.

Fly (and drive) safely commanders.

Last edited:
Once a week. Absolutely completely utterly braindead useless rubbish, but pretty typical for a developer who fundamentally doesn't understand what makes enjoyable gameplay. We can only hope they listen and adjust their plans.
Once a day. Possibly useful - jump on the ferry, go to bed, spend a day out there, jump on the ferry, go to bed again, next day you're back in the Bubble. This is the bare minimum that would make this possibly useful.
Every 2 hours. Useful, but if you thought flying to Hutton Orbital was thrilling gameplay do I have a mug to sell you.
Every hour. Useful, but still annoying if you arrive at the wrong time.
Every 5-10 minutes. Actually useful.
Have to agree with this...

FD you’re asking us to feel excited about a feature that (after blatant upcoming grind) is only going to do something useful once every 168 hours...

And once all this is done and done, how visible is this going to be for a new player?

Will it have its own new shining beacon on the galaxy map? Or is it something that a new player is only going to discover after hours mooching the forums or stumbling on a YouTube video?

So, new player in Adder be like...

“Wait, I can go study aliens....!?! This game is so awesome!!!.......hang on.......6 days!!!!! I have to wait a week until this thing moves again??! But I only get to play this weekend!?!” -boots Minecraft-

I’d expect a free ride to Colonia if I’m forced to wait a week. THAT would be something worth building!!

A cheap Hauler can do the guardian run in half an hour.

I know I may get called out with the old “new players just want everything now” complaint, but really...

Last edited:
Hm... so why these particular 5 systems? Whats special about these? Distance from sol, distance from the star and the guardian site type is the only difference? I will go there and check it out, but this sounds already boring :(

We should have really been given short fly over videos to see the bases more correctly. I can't even find info on the bases. Those pictures are artsy but not functional enough. Couldn't they take a camera and make an easy flyover with their software. I would imagine they're not stuck to ship flyovers.

I really don't like making uninformed votes. What is the purpose of the bases and what should we be going for to decide?!

Is there no information on the consequences of how we vote? Anything that hints towards that at least.

Top Bottom