Bridging the Gap - Phase One - Commencement

Which system, in Guardian space, would you like the megaship ferry to permanently travel to?

• IC 2391 Sector FL-X b1-7

Votes: 1,076 30.9%
  • Synuefe IL-N C23-19

Votes: 224 6.4%
  • Synuefe EN-H d11-96

Votes: 1,368 39.3%
  • Synuefe GT-H b43-1

Votes: 655 18.8%
  • Synuefe PF-E b45-5

Votes: 154 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rat: I was at RAF Bentwaters, so I know all about the bus service in Suffolk....
It's a lot better around the base now, or at least the ex-staff quarters :)
These days there is a very nice 10Km cycle ride around the outskirts of the base, a 'ufo' trail and regular concerts in the woods. Sadly the base is still locked down tight outside of the 'public' bits.

Well... Any news here? Should there be the next phase? No infos in galnet, nothing?
As you skipped reading the other posts heres the link again...
results are in topic and discussion continues in this section posted by will...
Nothing happens till thursday the 9th and then thursday the 16th So there not in any rush to update galnet..

So what have we learned from this out-of-game CG?

either:
1) there are just under 3500 ED players
2) there are just under 3500 ED players whose opinion FDev cares about and the rest can go take a flying leap.

Im sure there's a 2.8% reference in there somewhere if I'd have bothered to make it.

So what have we learned from this out-of-game CG?

either:
1) there are just under 3500 ED players
2) there are just under 3500 ED players whose opinion FDev cares about and the rest can go take a flying leap.

Im sure there's a 2.8% reference in there somewhere if I'd have bothered to make it.
... or only just under 3500 players could be bothered to vote?

Perhaps we could have some steam stats next :D

God it's all so maintenance mode. Either put some man hours behind this kind of thing or just let players spin in the wind until the next major update because this is the worst of both worlds. See you in 2020, I suppose.

God it's all so maintenance mode. Either put some man hours behind this kind of thing or just let players spin in the wind until the next major update because this is the worst of both worlds. See you in 2020, I suppose.
On the next episode of Gone With The Wind...

A horde of people demand "At least give us something!"
Another horde of people demand "Don't bother with small stuff, give us the big stuff only!"
A separate horde of people say "I hate the current x, y or z feature!"
And the other horde of people cry "This game is broken!"
The rest "I just like playing the game"

There are large groups of people that are never happy. It wouldn't matter what the size of the team was behind ED as you'd always be inundating them with whinging. Can't say I would have a lot of motivation in providing anything to you lot as I'd be damned if I do, damned if I don't. I find very little helpful feedback, suggestions or constructive ideas floating around these forums that don't end up reflecting a children's schoolyard and then you wonder why the adults don't appear in these parts very often.

Last edited:
On the next episode of Gone With The Wind...

A horde of people demand "At least give us something!"
Another horde of people demand "Don't bother with small stuff, give us the big stuff only!"
A separate horde of people say "I hate the current x, y or z feature!"
And the other horde of people cry "This game is broken!"
The rest "I just like playing the game"

There are large groups of people that are never happy. It wouldn't matter what the size of the team was behind ED as you'd always be inundating them with whinging. Can't say I would have a lot of motivation in providing anything to you lot as I'd be damned if I do, damned if I don't. I find very little helpful feedback, suggestions or constructive ideas floating around these forums that don't end up reflecting a children's schoolyard and then you wonder why the adults don't appear in these parts very often.
I understand that when you're 'in it' it's hard to imagine a world outside of it, but there's another horde, it's the horde who are saying nothing because they fell off the wagon over time, like I did. I don't harbour any ill temperament about that. What I do resent is that I was brought here by an email announcing something of note happening, and found an 'event' that perfectly sums up the banal design decisions that made me drift away in the first place. If, to pick a zeitgeist example, Warframe's events are an exhibition stall, this is a guy outside the main hall with a fold-out table and a flask of tea handing out pieces of folded paper saying 'we're still alive please don't go'.

I looked, I gave an honest opinion on what I saw, I came back because this new forum sadistically sets default options to mail every time someone replies, and now I'm out. Enjoy your deeply confused VR showcase.

What I do resent is that I was brought here by an email announcing something of note happening, and found an 'event' that perfectly sums up the banal design decisions that made me drift away in the first place. If, to pick a zeitgeist example, Warframe's events are an exhibition stall, this is a guy outside the main hall with a fold-out table and a flask of tea handing out pieces of folded paper saying 'we're still alive please don't go'.
That's actually a fair point - if I'd been mailed by a game to say 'come back' and been presented with a forum vote and a long wait soon to be followed with a 'now you can do the salvage that no-one does ... but in Guardian-space!' I wouldn't be impressed either.

* yeah, I know one person will have done a load, others - not so much

Top Bottom