Bridging the Gap - Phase One - Commencement

Which system, in Guardian space, would you like the megaship ferry to permanently travel to?

• IC 2391 Sector FL-X b1-7

Votes: 1,076 30.9%
  • Synuefe IL-N C23-19

Votes: 224 6.4%
  • Synuefe EN-H d11-96

Votes: 1,368 39.3%
  • Synuefe GT-H b43-1

Votes: 655 18.8%
  • Synuefe PF-E b45-5

Votes: 154 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think you may find a few others have suggested this ....
Probably but I spoke to Will Flanagan on Discord and he liked the idea and strongly urged me to submit it, so just a bit annoying when now he doesn't even reply to messages nearly a month after I send them. Some mention at the least would have been nice, it's just a bit of a big coincidence that it happens after I gathered loads of support for the idea, show Will that I had all that support and then oh look it happens without any mention of us.

I wonder if the modules were picked based on if we picked module or vehicle blueprint area. Or would it be the same regardless?

I wonder if the modules were picked based on if we picked module or vehicle blueprint area. Or would it be the same regardless?
Seeing as the advanced multi cannon was leaked by developer during live stream before and that it was allready built then you were going to get the multi cannon vs missile rack from the 2 factions no matter what the choice was as they allready coded them...

This weeks CG is actually live now - trade, not war this week - see the thread here for more details
I just logged in aboard The Conduit with Krait MK2, my plan was to dabble around with the Krait and go to Pencil/ New Growth and call over some other ships incl Diamond Back Explorer Taxi. I JUST REALISED I MADE A BOOBOO AND NOT PLAN VERY WELL, might have been under the influence of lavian liquor...i cannot jump to Pencil on my fuel tank and i did not outfit a fuel scoop, and i cannot call over fuel scoops in my module library from other stations!

Huzah for having the required mats for jumponium to get to pencil or else...i would have waited for the Ferry to come back to bubble a week later when i did not want to stay here that long without my Python that i had outfitted for the trade CG. Lesson Learned.

@ FD: Petition to have Ferry ships allow module transfer or atleast a small ship/ taxi backup. If it means another 3 week forum vote and week long CG, make it happen FD plz!

I just logged in aboard The Conduit with Krait MK2, my plan was to dabble around with the Krait and go to Pencil/ New Growth and call over some other ships incl Diamond Back Explorer Taxi. I JUST REALISED I MADE A BOOBOO AND NOT PLAN VERY WELL, might have been under the influence of lavian liquor...i cannot jump to Pencil on my fuel tank and i did not outfit a fuel scoop, and i cannot call over fuel scoops in my module library from other stations!

Huzah for having the required mats for jumponium to get to pencil or else...i would have waited for the Ferry to come back to bubble a week later when i did not want to stay here that long without my Python that i had outfitted for the trade CG. Lesson Learned.

@ FD: Petition to have Ferry ships allow module transfer or atleast a small ship/ taxi backup. If it means another 3 week forum vote and week long CG, make it happen FD plz!
There's an outpost in the same system with outfitting...

Cmdrs, does anyone know how we can obtain the "Bridging the gap" ship decal? I've seen it today on a Cmdr's ship. I've taken part (voted) in phase 1. Will I automatically get the decal or should I do something else for it? Thank you.

Sigh. :( Was trying to avoid getting sucked into this...

Building the background on a scenario, fleshing out any necessary characters, creating the tension/drama and sense of expectation in the reader/player isn't "revealing the plot" - it's an utterly essential part of introducing the story. It's the blurb on the back of a book, the trailer for a movie - all the stuff that makes you go... Hmmm... might read/watch/play that.

I haven't seen the livestream, and I very much doubt Paige intended to be insensitive, but the reaction underscores a lack of understanding of how to define, communicate and present a narrative that you want people to take part in. I've said it before and I'll most likely keep saying it...

For a good narrative the following are not negotiable:

1. The background - Who are these people, what are they like, where did they come from, what are they trying to achieve, are they trustworthy?
2. A reason to care - These people are good, these people are bad, these people are dodgy, I agree with what they're doing, I don't agree with what they're doing...
3. A reason to take part - Do they need my help, do I want to thwart them, can I make some money off them, is there another angle I can play?
4. A stake in the outcome - Life, death, unlocking something of importance, trade route, facility, etc. etc.

If you miss out 1 and 2 and skip straight to 3, then you will not get much engagement. And if 4 isn't seen to be 'worth it', then future events won't get given a chance either.

Fdev did the same with PowerPlay, with Aegis and now with Zende. No background, no lead in. Skipping straight to 3 each time and wondering why everyone asks "Who are these people?". It's a shame because it doesn't take much effort, but it is crucial to the success of these sort of things.

I'd really like to see these initiatives succeed, let's hope they're taking notes. :)

Cheers,

Drew.
What would really be nice would be some kind of short story/novella/webcomic/machinma video that would flesh out the narrative, and provide the first two or three points. There are plenty of resources out there, ranging from paid authors, to fan-fiction to YouTube content creators that could be tapped. The old CG's were good when you were looking to get involved with something, but the background story was always some forgettable minor faction trying to achieve some forgettable goal. These IntInit's could be so much more (lore-wise) than a blurb in the Galnet, with the right teaser...

Top Bottom