Bridging the Gap - Phase One - Commencement

Which system, in Guardian space, would you like the megaship ferry to permanently travel to?

• IC 2391 Sector FL-X b1-7

Votes: 1,076 30.9%
  • Synuefe IL-N C23-19

Votes: 224 6.4%
  • Synuefe EN-H d11-96

Votes: 1,368 39.3%
  • Synuefe GT-H b43-1

Votes: 655 18.8%
  • Synuefe PF-E b45-5

Votes: 154 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
I'm near Beagle Point and will decline to vote on this partly out of game event that I will not be able to participate in and to not affect the outcome of the other commanders choices, that are able to participate.
How would you hope to affect other player's voting intentions?

Well outside of the game carefully reasoned and informed voting has served us so well in the past few years, therefore I have dug out an appropriately sized gaming die and will let that decide.

Having not logged in to the game today I take it on faith that there isn’t a way to participate for non forum users which is disappointing.

You know, there was a brief moment, when this was first announced, when I thought to myself:

A ferry! Yay! And we get to vote for where it goes! I wonder if people will vote for Colonia or Sag A*! 'Cos either of those would be kinda useful!

But then I realised it would be a ferry to somewhere I could reach in my Phantom in about fifteen minutes, and I was disappointed but in no way surprised.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
I would also like to point out that two years ago today was an event that had hundreds upon hundreds of participants and thousands of man hours invested in planning and work. Fitting that Frontier is still trying to get that level of community engagement but failing. Thanks Drew!
Only hundreds of participants? Many CGs far exceeded that level of participation....

.... and CGs, in some cases, had in-game impact as well, unlike the example given.

Well Fdev wants in this sector near the bubble!! But if it is a mega ship. Why not use it to its fullest effect and set course to guardian sites like:
Skaudai AM-B d14-138
Pru Aescs HW-S b31-2
Blaa Hypai LZ-F b27-0
This is just b-poopoo keeping the options so close together. It ruins all that a mega ship is built for. They want us South East of the bubble and that's that. Utter crap.

I will vote for this system in honor of your discovery. We will let the truth be know to all, just who discovered the beacon.
o7 Commander.

CMDR MATT METOKUR
Errantry Alliance of Narvert
AspX- "EAS UNINTERDICTABLE"
I’m down with this. I’m a try hard at times in elite but I always fail to find anything special. I understand how hard this must have been. Congrats, you got my vote o7

Ferry to the site that gives FSD booster would be the most logical choice, as that's the only journey that you are forced to undergo with an inhibited ability to jump long distances.

It would shorten the leg of the Guardian journey to the module that improves your ability to go the rest of the way... If that makes sense.

I encourage others to pick that site as well.

Ferry to the site that gives FSD booster would be the most logical choice, as that's the only journey that you are forced to undergo with an inhibited ability to jump long distances.

It would shorten the leg of the Guardian journey to the module that improves your ability to go the rest of the way... If that makes sense.

That's the most logic I've seen in this thread so far.

So I've been informed since making this post that I still don't know rubbish about how getting Guardian modules works despite having an FSD booster.

I was under the impression particular ruins gave you access to a particular module.

I was under the impression particular ruins gave you access to a particular module.
Nope. From the ruins you get materials, data and blueprint fragments (also data, but w/e). You head back to a Guardian tech broker in the bubble and trade those materials, data, and probably a few commodities from (places) and that unlocks the relevant module.

This actually has a reasonable list of what you need: https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Technology_Broker

Only hundreds of participants? Many CGs far exceeded that level of participation....

.... and CGs, in some cases, had in-game impact as well, unlike the example given.
In the world of twitch, close to 15,000 were watching that day across different channels. This is not counting you-tubers, and there was far more participation than that. There was so many fleets out there.

When I say it was blockaded from 46 erendani to Sol. There was a person and large group of people not 1 or 2 jumps away. It was the one time the whole community worked together/against each other. And it ran like a well oiled machine.

Come on now, ya cant sell it short for the sake of it. Because thats far from the truth.

If anything that event should have had an impact on future content. So, maybe you are right. Huh...

I really think that this vote should have been placed in the game somehow. The forums are just so disconnected from the gaming experience. Not to mention there is ZERO info on these systems in this post, which just doesn't seem like the best way to handle this vote. I get that a lot of the Elite experience is outside the game, but I don't feel like this is getting me more interested in playing than the old CGs did. So far I am less than impressed.

So I've been informed since making this post that I still don't know nothing about how getting Guardian modules works despite having an FSD booster.

I've been counter-informed that they do?! I don't gently caressn know how Guardian sites work. All I'm saying is that shortening the journey to the FSD booster is the most logical choice because you can then put a booster on the ship you take to the other sites.

Top Bottom