Bridging the Gap - Phase One - Commencement

Which system, in Guardian space, would you like the megaship ferry to permanently travel to?

• IC 2391 Sector FL-X b1-7

Votes: 1,076 30.9%
  • Synuefe IL-N C23-19

Votes: 224 6.4%
  • Synuefe EN-H d11-96

Votes: 1,368 39.3%
  • Synuefe GT-H b43-1

Votes: 655 18.8%
  • Synuefe PF-E b45-5

Votes: 154 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow - you've done some kinda lame things in the past FD but launching your big new Interstellar Initiatives with this, a forum vote on 5 practically identical sequences of number and letters? What the hell are you guys smoking over there that you thought this was even remotely a good idea or interesting thing to do?
Thinking on it some more, I believe this wasn't what was originally planned, but with the latest update having launched as poorly as it had, they're probably buying time until they can get fixes in this week. "Sorry Commanders, we have to postpone the first Interstellar Initiative until we fix the current mess" wouldn't exactly have gone over well either.
To be fair, some good events marred by major bugs would be a bad start to the whole thing as well. Hopefully, this was a lesson learned for Frontier: next time, do an open beta.

I don't understand why one would have or use a megaship that will probably only move once a week to shortcut literally a ten minute trip WITHOUT the FSD booster which turns into about an 8 minute trip if you need to go back. Of course there's nothing stopping somebody from just getting all the mats they need for weapons then never going back...except for synth which is the devil and should be purged.

Coming from Powerplay which has voting & a result that can be rigged by creating multiple free accounts on the console version of the game, I'm not a fan of using voting on a forum that suffers the same flaw. Couldn't you have had a competition, had people send in images of the planet surfaces & have the best one at your discretion be the winning system; giving a special decal for the top submissions or something?

CMDR Justinian Octavius

i am now more interested in these "free accounts" . i am on pc and just had to pay real money for a second commander

"In response to increasing demand for Guardian commodities, my company aims to facilitate access to the area once occupied by the Guardians. This will involve the construction of a megaship to transport pilots to and from this comparatively inaccessible region. "

Erm why transport pilots? It's no more than 10 minutes travel time? Surly it's quicker just to fly their yourself? some 700ly's ?
Or am I missing something?

Help? Am I being stupid?

couldn't agree more on the voting issue Justinian..... it appears each time you change page on this thread, you can vote again...

not that it matters.... it makes no difference which system. And even in an unengineered AspE it only takes 30 mins to fly to these systems anyway.

Console you can create multiple profiles. You don't need to buy a new account to have a different commander.
well that's a totally bad way of screwing with the powerplay and the overall bgs like what is going on atm. and not to mention why can't i do this to even the playing field and not to mention save on the game title fee apparently multiple times ? going to issue tracker right now

Honestly, this should have been an ingame vote... actually not just a vote ingame but an ingame video - have Will or some other member of FDev dress up in an authentic looking uniform and give us a rundown of what is going on and what to do "in character". In the comms panel we could "receive video transmission" and watch. Then we do some research and cast our vote in an informed fashion.

I'll cast my vote here, when I have time to weigh the options.

And yes, I really think there needs to be a ferry that goes from the bubble and Colonia. Every two weeks it jumps back and forth. I think of it as the boat from Everquest/Everquest 2.

All I know is that Zende will be yet another no-go-in-Open area for faint-hearts like me ;)

But the idea itself is nice. Still undecided what to vote for, requiring further input here. HIP 22460 would be my top candidate, I'm sure there's some Guardian stuff there too!

Oh, and consider that the starting location obviously is not Sol, but Zende. Which is already 260ly away. Zende - Synuefe EN-H d11-96 is only 540 ly, for example (according to the Spansh Router).

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
NameSupercruise distanceBlueprintGuardian Ruin as well?Distance from Sol
Synuefe PF-E b45-58,181 lsVesselNo782.75 ly
Synuefe GT-H b43-127,767 lsModuleNo777.17 ly
Synuefe EN-H d11-962,328 lsVesselNo783.98 ly
Synuefe IL-N C23-192,037 lsVesselNo680.75 ly
IC 2391 Sector FL-X b1-753lsVesselYes618.51 ly

Synuefe EN-H d11-96 is looking best candidate IMHO
...again, why didn't FDev include this useful info? (Thanks Factabulous)

Well, the debate about the method of delivery not withstanding, it's nice to see some more options being opened up to help pilots in the direction of the Regor sector. It's a long old trek for younger, less well travelled pilots, and it'll be good to see the area made more accessible.

Also, because its yet to be said...

"This megaship is better than 99% of the ships out there"

Stop complaining and do some research to vote guys! Since the idea is to gather Guardian material, EN-H system suits me well, since it has two planets with guardian sites. Maybe it’s the reason it’s winning...

Why all of the salt? We were told that the start of the new Interstellar Initiative would be a vote, it isn't like they just sprang it on us today!
Give the Dev's a break and, just for once, let them tell us all about it before stating an opinion on what we are doing...

I'll look forward to being fully appraised of the Initiative in due course :)

Top Bottom