Bridging the Gap - Phase One - Results

closed case. I just don't like jumping. Going to wait for the ferry to set up shop.

Last edited:
So far I've only made it out to Seeker's Rest, where I've been collecting Guardian mats from Degraded Emissions USSs. Not every DE contains Guardian mats, but:

Most of them do.
There are a lot of them.
Most that contain Guardian mats contain a lot of those.

Provided that this abundance isn't just an 'introductory offer' but is sustained, coming out here to restock on mats for synthesis is something I'd be happy to do - especially if the synthesis recipes don't also include stuff like Guardian blueprints or Pattern Epsilon Obelisk data.

With this kind of payout ? sorry FDev, but you ought to be kidding me.....
View attachment 130956
Are you belly rubbing collecting or SRV collecting... or Piracy
Piracy is meant to be quicker for more profit...
yep SRV collecting is still rubbish...
Guardian relics or totems don't waste time collecting with the rest via SRV... This is on par with Escape pod collecting... from mega ships for salvage CG...
They have not announced what the Bonus pay ranks are yet per tier...

The outpost has no shipyard that we can call another ship. The closest is 200ly away. what is the point of it?
It has an outfitter with little stuff. We cant call ships. You really put your foot in your mouth with this one..

Last edited:
Are you belly rubbing collecting or SRV collecting... or Piracy
Piracy is meant to be quicker for more profit...
yep SRV collecting is still rubbish...
Guardian relics or totems don't waste time collecting with the rest via SRV... This is on par with Escape pod collecting... from mega ships for salvage CG...
They have not announced what the Bonus pay ranks are yet per tier...
I got all the mentioned materials with the SRV, but that is not my point.... this is not engaging, this is boring, and pay very little for the time invested... also, we all know how the event will pan out, FDev put it on the original post. So it does not matter, this is not better than any of the CG's in the past, FDev may be bridging the gap in terms of story... which is taking a LOT of time to happen...
EDIT: typo. :p

I've been taking a peek at the degraded USS's, very nice for mat collecting, the Threat 3 appear to spawn either a wing of 3 Eagles or 1 FDL, police arrive very quickly too!
Even in my alt, mostly no engineering, Phantom the NPC's were of a level I could retire quickly.

Surface of 7a has loads of good mats to be picked up from Bio & Geo, the Guardian site appears to have many more artifacts than I remember from previous sites.

The rest sounds like a traditional CG so I'm pretty relaxed about it, let's hope it gets good support from the player base.

In hindsight the chosen system is good.
The Guardian ruins are on a plain and you can even land a large ship closeby (or in the middle).
Good for beginners.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Ok im out in the new research system and have not spotted one Salvage USS !! are these just the Degraded USS ?
Yep - they are not the "fixed" salvage USS from previous CGs but RNG generated Degraded USS - they may or may not spawn Guardian stuff but it sounds like they are more likely to than not in this system.

In hindsight the chosen system is good.
The Guardian ruins are on a plain and you can even land a large ship closeby (or in the middle).
Good for beginners.
Shame you can't trade in your goods at either of the outposts (that offer the higher prices for Guardian tech) in a large ship though eh. Heh ho.

Shame you can't trade in your goods at either of the outposts (that offer the higher prices for Guardian tech) in a large ship though eh. Heh ho.
Not a problem if your arent going for the profit but to get the materials only needed to unlock stuff... :)

But since we are on topic, how good or better is the payout?
Is it worth it to go there and get stuff to sell afterwards? The profit is decent, or just a waste of time compared to other stuff u can do?

Not a problem if your arent going for the profit but to get the materials only needed to unlock stuff... :)

But since we are on topic, how good or better is the payout?
Is it worth it to go there and get stuff to sell afterwards? The profit is decent, or just a waste of time compared to other stuff u can do?
Double the amount from the screenshots I've seen. :)

By the time this new... ehm... content? has been dropped on live I made it to the Synuefe systems twice on my AspX and I had some intensive mining in between the two guardian sessions. xD
I'm a little skeptic, but I promised to myself to have no prejudices in my life. So I'll give it a try. See you 'round the big ship. o7

The way I understand everything now and after all Livestreams, the new Interstellar Initiative basically is

• a CG disguised as an all-new "Initiative", consisting of 3 weeks idle time where next to nothing happens
  • followed by 1 week competitive CG Grind (literally, oldschool Trade CG except folks apparently can choose between different entities to support)
  • which will unlock some new Guardian Weapon (as by their Livestream spoilers) which I have absolutely no interest in and that'll be available for anyone to unlock anyway, regardless of participation

So when Interstellar Initiatives were 1st announced, with "Dev support" and "Narrative" I expected something at least vaguely interesting.
But all I'm seeing is.... waiting.... waiting.... and then same old stuff.
And this is what they were "excited" about? A good run of Solitaire holds more excitement than this.

Feels like they cut down on the multiple CGs per week to 1 CG per month just to cut down their workload and overhead/investment to an absolute minimum.
Now I don't even bother to fly down there at all. Nothing of interest there anyway, except for those who still have to unlock some Guardian items.
More newbie friendly, so that's okay and in line with the current Patch.

So nah, nothing for me, steering well clear of this. It's neither new, not exciting nor interesting. Just the same-old, repackaged in false advertising IMHO. Not a big fan of that.

Cmdrs, so what shall we do in the Interstellar Initiative Phase 2? I know we can now salvage more Guardian materials but what is the aim? I don't see anything about this in GalNet. Should we collect and sell as many materials as possible, or what shall we do? I don't understand the concept. The Community Goals section on the Mission Board is empty. Do we have to sign up somewhere? If so, what's the procedure to this Initiative? Thanks.

Cmdrs, so what shall we do in the Interstellar Initiative Phase 2? I know we can now salvage more Guardian materials but what is the aim? I don't see anything about this in GalNet. Should we collect and sell as many materials as possible, or what shall we do? I don't understand the concept. The Community Goals section on the Mission Board is empty. Do we have to sign up somewhere? If so, what's the procedure to this Initiative? Thanks.
It starts on the 16th well get information by then on how to proceed

Top Bottom