Bridging the Gap - Phase One - Results

In addition, two outposts and an installation have been set up to store, research and sell any findings that Commanders, or Zende's own convoys, discover.
Wait, what? Material and blueprint trading confirmed? The outposts store and sell our findings? Do I get that right?

Hm, the 1x per week MegaShips seem indeed entirely useless. Such a schedule becomes useful if Sites are 30000LY away.

For now, looks like a Python will be king of the hill for local Ops via those Outposts.

PS.
IMHO about time such mobile Assets don't require "Server Maintenance" to move anymore but instead become truly fluid assets that can move 1x per hour if need be.

Yeah it's pretty much useless. These ships are taking a week to travel 541ly, making a round trip take two whole weeks. Some numbers on the performance of these ships.

541ly in 7 days
77.28 ly's per day
3.22 ly's per hour

For comparison an unengineered sidewinder fully laden with armor and guns gets 15.56 ly range, giving it an approximate max distance that can be covered in one hour of 933ly. Meaning you can make the trip from Zende to the chosen guardian site in about 40 minutes.
What if Thargoids begin to destroy them? Got to protect them somhow.

Last edited:
If I understand correctly we will have the new outposts and ships already this Thursday but they start jumping one week later. It sounds like the outposts of the Company will pay a premium for the relics. Maybe some sort of Event based gold rush?

Sounds very exciting. I will travel there with my gunship :)

The vote was pants (but hey, I picked the winning system at least!).

This has piqued my interest though... first time I've been anticipating something in a while. Really hoping for unique missions (from these outposts).

Sacra Oculus the controllers of the Zende star system welcome Pilgrims and travellers to the Megaships, even if they are for a rival minor faction. :)

Literature on our religion shall be available in all starports and outposts in the Zende system.

Our minor faction there is in Boom and the populace are reportedly Elated and enjoying a period of Civil Liberty.

Hello
Thank you Will for the information. I'm not sure I understand. Do you need to bring materials somewhere or recover data for the construction of outpost and megaships? I don't fully understand how these new community goals work for the player :(
What will we have to do on Thursday?

Hello
Thank you Will for the information. I'm not sure I understand. Do you need to bring materials somewhere or recover data for the construction of outpost and megaships? I don't fully understand how these new community goals work for the player :(
What will we have to do on Thursday?
On Thursday, the new outposts and stuff should pop up, and there should be just generally new activities to do around the area.

AFAIK this isn't meant to be anything like the old CG; no grinding out millions of materials over a week to get something to happen.

So it's not a "dock at station A and be transported instantly to B" thing? Waste of ingame assets and manpower to put them in the game if its not.

I thought we'd be able to dock and be given a mission wrapper that treated us to a megaship friendship drive charging cutscene or the like.

No one will dock if its a weeks waiting time. In my exploration Krait i can be there in 9 jumps, less in my jumpaconda.

Top Bottom