Bridging the Gap - Phase One - Results

I'm still waiting for people to realise that nothing at all interesting is happening until at least the 16th .... 🍿
No, Will stated that the outposts and new Guardian stuff will be in-game from the 9th. The megaships don't actually start running till the 16th, but who cares about that?

So it's not a "dock at station A and be transported instantly to B" thing? Waste of ingame assets and manpower to put them in the game if its not.

I thought we'd be able to dock and be given a mission wrapper that treated us to a megaship friendship drive charging cutscene or the like.

No one will dock if its a weeks waiting time. In my exploration Krait i can be there in 9 jumps, less in my jumpaconda.
Depending on what's in store for the Guardian trade... I'd throw a T9 into the Megaship before bed on the night of the jump, and crack on with it being in the middle of guardian turf the next day.

No, Will stated that the outposts and new Guardian stuff will be in-game from the 9th. The megaships don't actually start running till the 16th, but who cares about that?
Actually, I've just read Will's post again and strictly speaking what he says is:

Starting from Thursday 9 May
which isn't on the face of it a commitment to put everything in this Thursday. I'll be disappointed if they don't, but it wouldn't be the first time Frontier have managed to disappoint me.

Last edited:

Will Flanagan

Community Manager
Frontier
Hello
Thank you Will for the information. I'm not sure I understand. Do you need to bring materials somewhere or recover data for the construction of outpost and megaships? I don't fully understand how these new community goals work for the player :(
What will we have to do on Thursday?
Nope! Zende Partners will handle the construction of the megaships, outposts and installation.

The next phase of the Bridging the Gap begins on the 16 May.

Will Flanagan

Community Manager
Frontier
Actually, I've just read Will's post again and strictly speaking what he says is:

which isn't on the face of it a commitment to put everything in this Thursday. I'll be disappointed if they don't, but it wouldn't be the first time Frontier have managed to disappoint me.
All of Zende Partners' assets will be in the game this Thursday, so that's the megaships, outposts and the installation.

No one will dock if its a weeks waiting time. In my exploration Krait i can be there in 9 jumps, less in my jumpaconda.
Well you don't need to wait a week. If it happens to be Wednesday and you want to go there anyway you can just park your ship and be there in the next morning. You can do your stuff for one week or return earlier using your own FSD.
Sure, it's a bit pointless but it doesn't harm either.

All of Zende Partners' assets will be in the game this Thursday, so that's the megaships, outposts and the installation.
Thanks for that. IRL commitments permitting, I'll be headed out on Thursday to see what's what.

Edit: you didn't actually say that the new Guardian stuff would be there too!:unsure:

OK, I've been as salty as anyone about the way this Interstellar Initiative has unfolded, but this sounds interesting. Whether it will let us gather Guardian mats at a rate which would make their use for ammo synthesis tolerable remains to be seen, but it'll certainly be worth a look.
I haven't been salty. I have been indifferent. Just sayin'.

I confess to being slightly annoyed by the fact that two outposts, an installation and two megaships are deployed at any moment without any event having occurred, where in the past there have been enormous mobilizations for a simple megaship.
Perhaps it would have been more sensible for an old-style CG to collect resources, giving alternatives to the emergence of outpost-> coriolis-> ocellus-> orbis according to the objectives achieved.
Once again, I believe it is appropriate for you to develop or get someone who can handle these initiatives better. They are beautiful, but they must be managed with a more engaging and interactive experience with users.

So if I understand no CG before Thursday, May 16? This is the rework of the CGs? Seriously ?!

Week 1 => No CG and a useless vote on the forum
Week 2 => Absolutely nothing
Week 3 => Nothing before Thursday.

And after that, what's going to happen ? One CG per year, a vote on the store, or an expedition to the center of the galaxy for us all to throw ourselves into Saggitarius A* and commit suicide.

The new things added are not so bad, but there is absolutely nothing to do in the CG !

So if I understand no CG before Thursday, May 16? This is the rework of the CGs? Seriously ?!

Week 1 => No CG and a useless vote on the forum
Week 2 => Absolutely nothing
Week 3 => Nothing before Thursday.

And after that, what's going to happen ? One CG per year, a vote on the store, or an expedition to the center of the galaxy for us all to throw ourselves into Saggitarius A* and commit suicide.

The new things added are not so bad, but there is absolutely nothing to do in the CG !
Seems like this updates, including April ones, are all aimed at new players.

@Will Flanagan
Do we have to wait till thursday or can you confirm what functions of the mega ships are available today when the ships are added on Thursday...
Example is there rearm and refuel or is there Zero functions and you land and take of only for the taxi services...

Is it purely a taxi or does it have "some" Large pad station functions...

Yeah it's pretty much useless. These ships are taking a week to travel 541ly, making a round trip take two whole weeks. Some numbers on the performance of these ships.

541ly in 7 days
77.28 ly's per day
3.22 ly's per hour

For comparison an unengineered sidewinder fully laden with armor and guns gets 15.56 ly range, giving it an approximate max distance that can be covered in one hour of 933ly. Meaning you can make the trip from Zende to the chosen guardian site in about 40 minutes.
No, from what I understand, the ship travels during the time the servers are offline for their weekly maintenance. So it's as fast as 10-20 minutes for players that can be online during that period to ... one night's sleep and more for others (me, for example).

It's the frequency that's annoying, once a week is too long. If they could make it that you dock in the megaship and undock at the destination, that would be brilliant. But maybe the cobra engine doesn't support such mechanics, yet.

This does appear to be making a 'month long' Interstellar Initiative condense down to a week long CG in effect. I try not to be critical but it appears to be a little long-winded for those of us who thought we might get a month of doing something that wasn't a previous CG wrapped in new clothes. Patience Old Rat, patience...

Top Bottom