Bridging the Gap - Phase Three

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Frontier
Phase Three of Bridging the Gap has arrived, and conflicts have broken out in Synuefe EN-H d11-96 between Zende Partners and Segnen Exchange!

Corporations Clash in Guardian Space
A successful appeal by Zende Partners for Guardian commodities has led to the appointment of a technology broker at The Prospect, where Guardian modules are now available. The initiative has seen a marked increase in violence in the Synuefe EN-H d11-96 system, however, recently established as a hub of Guardian technological research.

Freya Taine, CEO of Zende Partners, made this announcement:
“Shortly after our company deployed a megaship transport service connecting Zende and Guardian space, our convoys came under attack. We have evidence to suggest that Segnen Exchange is responsible for this flagrant attempt to undermine our efforts.”
“I call upon the galactic community to assist Zende Partners in removing this threat to our operation. Our plans to begin production of an Advanced Multi-cannon can proceed once Segnen Exchange’s disruptions have been dealt with.”

Cedrik Stone, CEO of Segnen Exchange, submitted this statement in response to the accusations:
“Zende Partners apparently intends to control the trade of Guardian commodities in Synuefe EN-H d11-96, which is perhaps why there is violent resistance to their operation. My company would only ever respond to threats with an appropriate level of self-defence.”
“In order to reestablish peace and protect our research into new Guardian-human technology, we ask independent pilots to support Segnen Exchange vessels in the system. Securing a permanent presence will allow my company to complete work on an Advanced Dumbfire Launcher on schedule.”
“Our newly established outpost, Indigo Dock, will serve as our base of operations in these efforts.”

The two factions have set out campaigns in Synuefe EN-H d11-96, to take place between the 23rd and 29th of May 3305.

Participation and rewards
Choose your side and fight! Both companies have offered to pay for Combat Bonds handed in to their respective stations, and the faction to receive the most Combat Bonds will gain majority control over the Guardian Commodities being unearthed in Synuefe EN-H d11-96. With this technology, a new weapon module will be developed, allowing ammo to be synthesised so it can be effective against either Human or Xeno craft.

Take part from 15:00 UTC today, by taking on enemy ships representing the other company and delivering their Combat Bonds to either The Prospect (for Zende Partners) or Indigo Dock (for Segnen Exchange) in Synuefe EN-H d11-96. These Community Goals will last for six days, until 29 May 3305, whereupon we will reveal the winners to you and the resulting technology which will shortly become available for purchase.

Livestream
Join Will Flanagan and Adam Woods tonight, from 18:00 UTC as they take a look at this week's Community Goals and the rewards on offer, before picking their sides and taking part in the fight! Tune in on YouTube, Twitch or Mixer.

YouTube
Mixer
Twitch

The Anti Xeno Initiative is more interested in the Advanced Missiles, and will support Segnen Exchange. We believe this will be a far more useful weapon than the Multicannon against the Xeno-threat. If you wish to know why, take a look at this post by one of our leaders:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/bpe2x4/choosing_the_better_advanced_weapon_for_ax/

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Frontier
The damage and power use is of a Class 1 Fixed.... Frontier if you do not give us more than a class 1 fixed I will be disappointed.
Hey Commander, Will addressed this the other day! The image uses the stats for a small, fixed module. As expected, the medium modules will have a higher damage output, the same as their traditional counterparts.

• The new modules will not require Guardian Weapon Blueprints.
  • They come in small and medium variants.
  • They will be fixed.
  • To craft the ammo, you need the following:
    • Multi-cannon
      • Basic - 2 Iron, 1 Nickel, 2 Sulphur
      • Standard/AX - 2 Tin, 3 Zinc, 2 Phosphorous, 1 Guardian Power Cell, 1 Guardian Power Conduit, 1 Guardian Tech Component
    • Missile Rack
      • Basic - 3 Iron, 3 Nickel, 4 Carbon, 4 Sulphur
      • Standard/AX - 6 Phosphorous, 2 Arsenic, 2 Mercury, 1 Guardian Power Cell, 1 Guardian Power Conduit, 1 Guardian Tech Component

And dont forget: "If Segnen Exchange are successful in taking over the assets, the start destination of the megaship ferry will change location."

I could have sworn I heard something in the initial announcements about these Initiatives utilising new mechanics and scenarios. The Aeon Span installation in the CG system would have been perfect for the already existing Pirate Attack scenarios, which are great fun and could contribute to the War state by providing bounties. It would need to be tweaked to have the attackers also have an equivalent contribution to the War state, but I figured the months of buildup to the CG would be enough to adapt already existing mechanics.What was the point of adding an installation if you're not going to use it? Just to make it look like something new was going to happen?

But this is just another CG. Nothing has changed, and there are more flaws with it. Since it's not tied in to the War state (each day being a seperate battle that count towards overall victory) it's just going to snowball, like so many others. There's no chance for one side to make a comeback; people will flock to the side that's already winning, because all that matters are the Tiers and harvesting as many combat bonds as possible.

What's more, Segnen's outpost is 1000Ls further away from the entry point than Zende's. Why introduce a second one at all? It's not a major difference by any means, but it's significant enough that Zende are already winning. Just have them at the same place! Are you trying to cripple Segnen's chances of winning, is the multicannon recipe the only one that you've prepared to add?

Participation is already abysmal due to this being medium-only, and the ferry that would have been useful to the combat ships already having left before this was advertised. Having a massive SRV relog grind the week before probably didn't help either.

I'd had enough issues myself with the previous phase, which I won't go into here, but I had hopes for this one. This was the opportunity to introduce something new. But it's just another CG, just another illusion of being able to blaze your own trail.

Enjoy your multicannons, guys. Hopefully AXI were wrong about them being grindy and useless, but I seriously doubt that.

I could have sworn I heard something in the initial announcements about these Initiatives utilising new mechanics and scenarios. The Aeon Span installation in the CG system would have been perfect for the already existing Pirate Attack scenarios, which are great fun and could contribute to the War state by providing bounties. It would need to be tweaked to have the attackers also have an equivalent contribution to the War state, but I figured the months of buildup to the CG would be enough to adapt already existing mechanics.What was the point of adding an installation if you're not going to use it? Just to make it look like something new was going to happen?

But this is just another CG. Nothing has changed, and there are more flaws with it. Since it's not tied in to the War state (each day being a seperate battle that count towards overall victory) it's just going to snowball, like so many others. There's no chance for one side to make a comeback; people will flock to the side that's already winning, because all that matters are the Tiers and harvesting as many combat bonds as possible.

What's more, Segnen's outpost is 1000Ls further away from the entry point than Zende's. Why introduce a second one at all? It's not a major difference by any means, but it's significant enough that Zende are already winning. Just have them at the same place! Are you trying to cripple Segnen's chances of winning, is the multicannon recipe the only one that you've prepared to add?

Participation is already abysmal due to this being medium-only, and the ferry that would have been useful to the combat ships already having left before this was advertised. Having a massive SRV relog grind the week before probably didn't help either.

I'd had enough issues myself with the previous phase, which I won't go into here, but I had hopes for this one. This was the opportunity to introduce something new. But it's just another CG, just another illusion of being able to blaze your own trail.

Enjoy your multicannons, guys. Hopefully AXI were wrong about them being grindy and useless, but I seriously doubt that.
New gameplay? New mechanics? Why when you can just bolt togethor X year old (tired) mechanics and introduce yet more weapons to "improve" the paper-scissors-stone-lizard combat to paper-scissors-stone-lizard-spock combat...

6 Phosphorous, 2 Arsenic, 2 Mercury, 1 Guardian Power Cell, 1 Guardian Power Conduit, 1 Guardian Tech Component just to use AX ammo. Who in their right mind would ever use these instead of saving the mats for engineering?

If people are set on the CG and actually want to take part in AX combat, they should fight for Segnen. Like other CMDRs have stated, the AXI has put a lot of good hard work into a data set. The missiles are the only logical choice due to their AP stats.

Just noticed myself how far the other outpost is from the Conflict Zones... like Rainbro said, this way Zende is set up to win. FD could’ve just put another set of CZs near Indigo Dock (or put the station near the other one), but they either didn’t think of it or didn’t want to. This whole initiative is just a badly executed CG with extra steps.

Last edited:
Whatever weapon manufacturer wins, it will be interesting to try them out on their first days out, but then ppl will revert back to their old builds. AX Large turrets will still be king against scouts and Gauss will still be the best option for Interceptors.

I hope that engineered they pack a good puch against goids, or they wont be very used against them.
And i dont get what FD has against giving variety to players, with all their different preferences and habilities, and give them the choice of Fixed, Gimbaled and Turrets...

Segnen will have a far better chance of success with their own outpost, even if it is a bit further out, then they would have had trying to run their goal out of Zende's outpost.

Completing CZ scenarios decreases your rep with the side you beat, so most fighters for Segnen will find themselves Hostile and unable to dock at the Zende outpost after a few days. With this set up, that's not a problem.

Given the cost of AX refills i don't think anyone will use* either mc or missiles so picking sides should not be influenced about their potential use in AX combat.

*beyond first week after CG is over

Top Bottom