Bridging the Gap - Phase Three

For a normal conflict (BGS initiated by influence matching) this would be true - handing in bonds at any station in the system would count, however this is not a normal war, this is a Combat CG and the directions are pretty clear - you have to hand in the bonds at the station owned by the side that awarded them if you want them to influence the outcome of the CG. If you just want the credits then you can turn them in anywhere that faction has a presence, even back in the bubble in Zende or Segnen I would guess.
Thats fair enough, but what I'm saying is that that's not a reason to have a second outpost, as both hand-ins can be at the same place . For a fair CG, you either have one outpost and something prepared for the Initiative to ensure reputation is not a factor, or you have two outposts in the same orbit.

I came out here in my Federal Corvette. Neither of the CG stations have a large landing pad but Sadler's song does. So now I'm suppose to fly back to the bubble to get my Python? My first run racked up half a mil and this is why it's not counting? If I'm going all the way back I mind as well go back to AX Combat zones.

Last night I brought 400k of bonds in favor of Segnen Exchange (that of the missiles) in the outpost The prospect and at the moment I mark the contribution to the CG to zero. Has the mechanism for assigning bonds changed? I thought that if made in favor of a faction it was indifferent where to deliver them
facepalm

that's what happens when info is delivered across forums only. Or wait, isn't it written in the ingame CG descripion? Folks, read! Start to read. Indigo Dock is the place to go, if you want the missiles (Segnen)!

Last edited:
Another good pay out is that zende pay a fixed rate of 500k to get the capital ship to run away... its not variable like other ships...

This is Quicker than some cutter take downs as well... Segnen do not have a similar offer at all...

I understand, but in any case it is not clear and normally the bonds do not go in favor of the owner of an outpost but of the faction for which they are made.
Among other things I also find that he is biased, because once you have become unfriendly with the Zande by dint of giving him then you can not even land in The Prospect to refuel, and the CZs are all nearby, or at least the they were last night
Anything for a CG has to be handed in at the named location the mechanics are not the same as in normal play, for CZ CGs there have always been two locations one for each side this is because shooting one sides ships tends to make you unpopular with them. You can I think probably refuel at the megaship ferry and of course at Sengnen's outpost both involve extra flying time but if you fuel state is getting low enough for that to be an issue you are flying a really marginal ship.

I came out here in my Federal Corvette. Neither of the CG stations have a large landing pad but Sadler's song does. So now I'm suppose to fly back to the bubble to get my Python? My first run racked up half a mil and this is why it's not counting? If I'm going all the way back I mind as well go back to AX Combat zones.
There is a large pad asteroid station 197Ly away you can change ships there and return to hand in your bonds.

The trip to the nearest Large pad station to swap to Medium Taxi to land a out post that don't support Large landing pads and then return to same station to swap back... 40 min in game time compressed to 9min with editor...

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Cant we get both MC and Missiles? Both CG are past T1 and should be considered successful :)
Unfortunately that's not how it works for competing CGs as these are - only the winner can be successful in their goals. The tier 1 thing only applies to single goal CGs.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Thats fair enough, but what I'm saying is that that's not a reason to have a second outpost, as both hand-ins can be at the same place . For a fair CG, you either have one outpost and something prepared for the Initiative to ensure reputation is not a factor, or you have two outposts in the same orbit.
The story line for the Interstellar Initiative though does give a reason for the second outpost - Segnen Exchange trying to muscle in on the work started by Zende Partners. Additionally, given the current mechanic that shooting ships from a given faction in Conflict Zones lowers your reputation with that faction, means it is easy to become Hostile with that and therefore unable to dock at their station. If the only station for handing in bonds suddenly became unavailable to you, how fair would that be?

Well at any rate it looks like Team Missiles is going to lose quite badly. I'm contemplating the possibility of changing sides, just to save my reputation...

Well at any rate it looks like Team Missiles is going to lose quite badly. I'm contemplating the possibility of changing sides, just to save my reputation...
'Team Missiles' is not quite 2 Billion credits behind 'Team Multi-Cannons' (at time of writing). Giving up now just indicates a defeatist attitude ;)

On a completely different topic, at the end of this competitive CG, will the losing corporation cease to be? As I understood it, the winner takes control of the shuttle/ferry service, which would suggest the loser is no longer about.

Does the loser's outpost also cease to be?

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Guess we may have to wait until Thursday morning to find out, but my guess is their outpost will flip to control of the other faction at a minimum. Whether they leave the system altogether (likely I think) it remain but at a low influence level with no real chance to improve until the mission boards are activated, only time will tell.

Guess we may have to wait until Thursday morning to find out, but my guess is their outpost will flip to control of the other faction at a minimum. Whether they leave the system altogether (likely I think) it remain but at a low influence level with no real chance to improve until the mission boards are activated, only time will tell.
Hm, after Nova Imperium defeated by Yupini Limited in a CG event few months ago, Nova Imperium now conquered Yupini system. So its really possible to Segnen Exchange to win a battle over Zende Partners in the near future. But there are way more NI and Hadrian Duval fans out there than Segnen Exchange pilots. Time will tell, but look on New Growths asteroid base in Pencil sector: on the mission board there are only mining missions and some donate missions (some of them asks aid in trade items, not credits), no other types of missions are accessible, so its harder to change influence in this way here.

These factions exist elsewhere, so I don't see any reason they would be removed. Doesn't matter in the long term which has control as the module will be determined - you won't be able to flip module availability by flipping the system.

These factions exist elsewhere, so I don't see any reason they would be removed. Doesn't matter in the long term which has control as the module will be determined - you won't be able to flip module availability by flipping the system.
Though that would be an interesting sort of mechanic to have in the game.

Top Bottom