Livestream Bridging the Gap - Salvaging Guardian Tech

What irritates me is that in the future, no actual excavations of the ruins have been done. There's so much probably buried beneath the surface, but for some reason Canonn is a bunch of reverse-Luddites who would rather die than use a shovel - or Far God forbid, modern excavation technology.

What irritates me is that in the future, no actual excavations of the ruins have been done. There's so much probably buried beneath the surface, but for some reason Canonn is a bunch of reverse-Luddites who would rather die than use a shovel - or Far God forbid, modern excavation technology.
The luddites shun the diabolical.

Of course they havn't been excavated... in accordance with galactic heritage conservation guidelines, preservation in situ is always preferable to the destructive action of excavation.

I hope that after today we really see something of interest from this initiative, and mind me, my Federal Corvette is ready to go if i find that its worth it and u can actually now get the guardian stuff u need without too much fuss, since id love to improve my ship with guardian tech, take it to the next level. :)

Can someone enlighten me when "Bridging the Gap" truly begins (?)

I'm frankly quite confused, as the 1st Interstellar Initiative was supposed to start on Apr 29th.
Now we reached the point of having two (not very useful) Megaships making the mini-hop 1x per week and two new means to salvage Guardian Commodities it seems.

However.... what's the point (??)
At last count, Guardian Commodities pay peanuts and aren't worth a 700LY trip in any quantity.

So what changed that would make it worth heading there to scoop some up now? Any effect from selling them, anything different?
(the market prices for the Ancient {Guardian Items} I'm seeing on EDDB don't look any interesting, certainly not worth spending hours in an SRV)

Just kinda feels like we're still "Bridging the Gap" to "something" and still aren't quite there yet...
As the other thread said phase 2 starts on 16th...

Yes it could have started today but as normal they wanted to give those who play only on weekends and only a few hours only on weekends a chance to get there ship built and to the mega ship and then log Off after landing at the mega ship then next week end those players can take part in the II event...
The stream being on thursday today will mean adam won't be so tired after his May day long weekend trip to Spain... But expect him to still mess up... so the super dev build of krait mk 2 will be harder to kill than the domestic version...

Can someone enlighten me when "Bridging the Gap" truly begins (?)

I'm frankly quite confused, as the 1st Interstellar Initiative was supposed to start on Apr 29th.
Now we reached the point of having two (not very useful) Megaships making the mini-hop 1x per week and two new means to salvage Guardian Commodities it seems.

However.... what's the point (??)
At last count, Guardian Commodities pay peanuts and aren't worth a 700LY trip in any quantity.

So what changed that would make it worth heading there to scoop some up now? Any effect from selling them, anything different?
(the market prices for the Ancient {Guardian Items} I'm seeing on EDDB don't look any interesting, certainly not worth spending hours in an SRV)

Just kinda feels like we're still "Bridging the Gap" to "something" and still aren't quite there yet...

Am I right that these are things needed to unlock Guardian modules and SLFs? So now instead of running around ruins we can unlock them via pirating or salvaging?

Am I right that these are things needed to unlock Guardian modules and SLFs? So now instead of running around ruins we can unlock them via pirating or salvaging?
yep and the mega ship means you can do it in a Combat build Cutter or corvette or anaconda with out having to do the boring ~500Ly trip, jumping ~17ly at a time (combat build) and then fuel scoping every 6 jumps... just get to zende before May the 16th park up and log off... then after the 16 of may server tick your big ship is then waiting for next play in the vessel moduel system... now blow stuff up or collect with out firing a single peice of ammo, run out of limpets, no issue just land at the mega ship and rearm and get more limpets... no SRV driving unless you choose to...

Last edited:
Of course they havn't been excavated... in accordance with galactic heritage conservation guidelines, preservation in situ is always preferable to the destructive action of excavation.

There's like sixty of them, and they're key to taking down, y'know, a galaxy-wide existential threat. I think it's a little justified.

This is the inception of the start of the begining,Initialisation of the inception of the start of the begining was last week. It is likely the start of the begining will begin next week,and by the end of the month it is possible the begining will have begun.I'm not sure when to deploy the towel,but i'm taking mine with me just in case.

There's like sixty of them, and they're key to taking down, y'know, a galaxy-wide existential threat. I think it's a little justified.
That's overstating the case a little,i think.Thatgoid or human,equally insignificant,as far as the universe goes.

Week 1 - Choosing a system!
Week 2 - Megaships & outpost in place. And Guardian mats.
Week 3 - Taxi service actually starts! Gankfest in Zende.
Week 4 - Megaships switch. Get on board in time for another gankfest!

== 1 month roughly. No, I actually like the initiative.

Wonder what may happen in-between. As it stands, this week nothing much will happen again? ;)

But everything seems to be in place now. You can look up the new facilities in EDDB:

https://eddb.io/station/70952 - The Prospect
https://eddb.io/station/70953 - Sadler's Song (megaship #1)
https://eddb.io/station/70956 - The Conduit (megaship #2)

Looking forward to the livestream now 🍻

O7,
🙃

yep and the mega ship means you can do it in a Combat build Cutter or corvette or anaconda with out having to do the boring ~500Ly trip, jumping ~17ly at a time (combat build) and then fuel scoping every 6 jumps... just get to zende before May the 16th park up and log off... then after the 16 of may server tick your big ship is then waiting for next play in the vessel moduel system... now blow stuff up or collect with out firing a single peice of ammo, run out of limpets, no issue just land at the mega ship and rearm and get more limpets... no SRV driving unless you choose to...

So do you even need Horizons to do all that?
Another question - you litteraly can unlock everything without even seeing the ruins?
If yes it seems that Interstellar Initiatives at least at the beginning will connect different activities with different benefits that were previously unavailable.

Q :So do you even need Horizons to do all that?
A :good point untill now you did require Horizons...
Q :Another question - you litteraly can unlock everything without even seeing the ruins?
A :Yes thats what the text said but Not confirmed yet Fdev may have messed up. it will need confirmation via others that the RNG gives every single item...
If yes it seems that Interstellar Initiatives at least at the beginning will connect different activities with different benefits that were previously unavailable...
Good questions ... may be try asking on the live stream...

Hi everyone,

I realise I am waaaaay behind on what's happened so far with this venture, having missed part 1 and not understanding half of what I've read in this thread... I get the general gist of the initiative, having watched the announcement video, but I do not know what to do to participate (Can I use my Adder, or can only specific ships participate? Where do I go? Does it matter that I'm a noob? Will there be cake?). I'd be grateful if anyone could point me to a quick and easy guide somewhere which can bring me up to speed. I'll try to tune in to the livestream this evening, but I'll be out on a dinner date and my girl might not like me watching "nerd telly" in a restaurant when I should be looking at her and saying nice things.

Thank you!

Will be keeping one eye on the live stream tonight me thinks. Haven't started the Guardian grind or the Engineer grind as yet (with the exception of first meeting with Farseer). Seems like it could be a good way to get started on the guardian tech for us noobs...

Top Bottom