Livestream Bridging the Gap - Salvaging Guardian Tech

So do you even need Horizons to do all that?
Another question - you litteraly can unlock everything without even seeing the ruins?
If yes it seems that Interstellar Initiatives at least at the beginning will connect different activities with different benefits that were previously unavailable.

So it's actually bridging the gap between Horizons owners and those who don't?

Spoilers below
D6IN0VxXoAID_fP

Woot Guardian tech...

D6IN4zqWsAEEAQ6

More tech...

D6IN8EzW4AIfVVV

Its was a trap...
My Light explorer No combat build had no chance... limp back to repair... bounce of planet only shield gone in less than a second...

That’s today. \o/

Flimley
Yep the changes went live today... those who want to try the new stuff can do it today... those who want to do the II wait a week...
Ill get revenge next week with the cutter...
Huge hard point on that FDL realy did a number on the anti planet shields boo...

Spoilers below
D6IN0VxXoAID_fP

Woot Guardian tech...

D6IN4zqWsAEEAQ6

More tech...

D6IN8EzW4AIfVVV

Its was a trap...
My Light explorer No combat build had no chance... limp back to repair... bounce of planet only shield gone in less than a second...

They did say you can scoop up guardian tech without ever firing a shot... technically they were right.

Better collection this time...
D6IWLFDXoAEJNsF

This could make synthesis viable choice

Hi everyone,

I realise I am waaaaay behind on what's happened so far with this venture, having missed part 1 and not understanding half of what I've read in this thread... I get the general gist of the initiative, having watched the announcement video, but I do not know what to do to participate (Can I use my Adder, or can only specific ships participate? Where do I go? Does it matter that I'm a noob? Will there be cake?). I'd be grateful if anyone could point me to a quick and easy guide somewhere which can bring me up to speed. I'll try to tune in to the livestream this evening, but I'll be out on a dinner date and my girl might not like me watching "nerd telly" in a restaurant when I should be looking at her and saying nice things.

Thank you!
You can go in any ship you prefer. If you use the megaship transport then jump range is reasonably unimportant.
It doesn't matter that you're a newbie, but be aware that open will be populated (as in all CG's) by those who would get great pleasure in vapourising your ship, many times.
Take a look through the forum for Guardian site guides, there are a good few and are all very good.
I'll get 'Boo!"'s from the 'open only' faction, but I'd suggest you do the first few outings in solo/PG until you are comfortable.

If you want to pick up blueprints from the surface you'll need a SRV (and Horizons) as well.

All said and done, go there and have fun :)

Kinda torn apart, unless guardian modules improve alot with this, cause from what ive seen so far, engenieered stuff is better, so to pick guardian tech and parts, why bother?! Since i already got the one i wanted the FSD booster and i dont use SLF...

But...
I might give it a go, since i am near, i am on my corvette, i am capable of putting up a fight if need be, and i do have space to putt the stuff, and am rather multirole atm, can do exploration, can do combat, even a little trade with a 7E cargo rack... (128 tons) That is why this version of my corvette got the name "Jack-of-all-trades".
If not for opening guardian stuff, at least for the lore and fun of doing something diferent and giving this iniative a chance.

You can go in any ship you prefer. If you use the megaship transport then jump range is reasonably unimportant.
It doesn't matter that you're a newbie, but be aware that open will be populated (as in all CG's) by those who would get great pleasure in vapourising your ship, many times.
Take a look through the forum for Guardian site guides, there are a good few and are all very good.
I'll get 'Boo!"'s from the 'open only' faction, but I'd suggest you do the first few outings in solo/PG until you are comfortable.

If you want to pick up blueprints from the surface you'll need a SRV (and Horizons) as well.

All said and done, go there and have fun :)
Thank you kindly, Ratkatcher!

Deleted member 38366

D
What did you wanted to do? It looks like you are expecting something.

Yes, something that gives the Guardian Ancient items a new or additional meaning, connected to that Interstellar Initiative.
Like....
  • the Initiative now seeks to further improve Guardian tech and works on gimballed Guardian Weapons (or whatever new Guardian goodies you can come up with)
  • a competitor seeks the same Commodities for internal//other purposes (no goodies)... but pays 100k per item more
  • a Group of Anarchists also seeks the same Commodities for its own plans (no goodies).... and grants Grade 5 Data, Elements and Materials in exchange for them
Basically : same old Commodities - but now they have a new meaning and purpose, which CMDRs can choose to exploit acc. their personal preferences.

For now, it seems the "Guardian Grind" is simply being softened up, offering a broader range of CMDRs to unlock Guardian specials by making the process more accessible.
I mean hey, maybe that's all there's to it and that's cool.

I just expected something to the tune of above, with that originally advertised "lasting results on Galaxy and Narrative" going along with it. A bit dry so far in that respect, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Kinda torn apart, unless guardian modules improve alot with this, cause from what ive seen so far, engenieered stuff is better, so to pick guardian tech and parts, why bother?! Since i already got the one i wanted the FSD booster and i dont use SLF...

But...
I might give it a go, since i am near, i am on my corvette, i am capable of putting up a fight if need be, and i do have space to putt the stuff, and am rather multirole atm, can do exploration, can do combat, even a little trade with a 7E cargo rack... (128 tons) That is why this version of my corvette got the name "Jack-of-all-trades".
If not for opening guardian stuff, at least for the lore and fun of doing something diferent and giving this iniative a chance.
Not wishing to be the water on your fire...

Your Corvette will not be able to land on the outpost as the biggest pad is for medium ships - but you should be able to land on the megaship to equip. I'm not sure if the CG would be 'supported' by the megaship.

Thank you kindly, Ratkatcher!
You are welcome.

One caveat - small/medium ships only for the CG part as large would have no dock on the outpost. You may have picked that up already though.
Please, jump on board the CG, do as you wish, if it is your first then even better :)

Not wishing to be the water on your fire...

Your Corvette will not be able to land on the outpost as the biggest pad is for medium ships - but you should be able to land on the megaship to equip. I'm not sure if the CG would be 'supported' by the megaship.

Just visited The Conduit it has no shipyard or outfitting.

Top Bottom